stuffed chicken breast- approx. 7 points

• Hey everyone..just came up with this recipe for my family and they love it..thought I'd pass it on, the points really depend on the size of the chicken breast, as the spread averages to only 1 point.

spread-
    2 T. fat free cream cheese- softened
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    2/3 to 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
    1 large green pepper finely chopped
    1 to 1 1/2 cup mushrooms finely chopped
    1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained
    *whisk all of these ingredients together and set aside
    *This spread easily accomodates 8 large 6 oz. chicken breasts or 16 3 oz. breasts- depending on what you want.
    Chicken- Take your chicken breasts and sandwich in between two large sheets of parchement or waxed paper and pound the crap out of them! until you get them to about 1/4 inch thick. Lightly bread one side of each breast and place the breaded side down. Spread the cheese/vegetable spread on the unbreaded side, and roll up the breast like a jelly roll. Hold the breast together with toothpicks. In a hot pan sprayed well with cooking spray, brown both sides well. Place breasts in foil-covered pan and cook in oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
    Hints: For an added smokey taste, I place a small amount of a smokey/hickory marinade in the bottom of the baking pan prior to placing the breasts in, and let them back in the marinade, the marinade I use is an Idaho product very low in calories so I do not even calculate it into the points.
    You can also very your veggies as you want in the spread.
    Hope you all like this recipe as much as we do here.
  • That sounds great! Thanks!