Me? An inspiration?!

• I just got back from an interesting encounter at the gym and just had to share because I STILL have a big smile on my face. I was doing ab exercises and this woman came up to me and said "gosh you so dedicated to be here everyday--you are an inspiration!" i said thank you and she asked "have you EVER been overweight?" (she is) and I told her yes and my high and current weights. She looked shocked and told me I looked like I weighed 120 and again that I was an inspiration to her because she is trying to lose weight. That made me feel so good and now I will have that little scenario to play out in my mind whenever I feel like doing something that might not be the best for my weight loss goals.
  • That's so great, what a nice way to start the day!!! It's amazing what a few words can do for one's morale! You are an inspiration!

When did you start by the way. I am curious how long it has taken you to get where you are now. You are at my goal weight. Also how tall are you?
  • I am 5'8'' and it has taken quite a while, mainly for me to get serious. The 198 was my all-time highest ever but throughout college I was around 180. I did an online behavior modification weight loss study through my school senior year and at the end of that was down to 160-165. Since then I have been dedicated to my exercise and still working on the healthy eating part. My original goal was 145 and I lowered it but now I am just sort of seeing how I will look as these last few peel off (I have a muscular frame).
  • Yay Liz! I'm sure that felt wonderful *G* And yes you are, you are an inspiration! I'm so proud of you!
  • Congrats Liz. Soak it up, and don't forget that you deserve it!

Amanda