working out and kids

• i have 3 kids and i have a exercise schedule but its so hard to stick to because of my boys my 8 month old sees me working out and then decides he want to be held i try to workout at nite but then im so tired i fall asleep what do i do any suggestion thank you
  • I have an 11 month old. I was working out when she is taking her morning nap, but I just started a new thing this week. At breaksfast time, I pull her chair over to the door of the living room (it is right off our dining room) then I get to workout while she is eating. It is great, she is happy because she has FOOD!! I work out to different videos. Then at night after she has gone to bed, I jump on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes. It has been really working for me. Hopefully she will let me continue to do it this way. Oh I also put the kitchen TV on Sesame Street. She has so much to keep her busy.

Well good luck,
    Wendy
  • I know how hard it can be to fit in a workout with kids. Before I went back to work I would do it around 8 while the girls were sleeping. Now I have to be to work by 6 am. I get up at 4, do 30-45 minutes of taebo. Then in the afternoon I do another workout, strength, or more cardio, depending on the day. In the afternoons the girls are usually playing together so they don't bother me. I don't freak out if I can't fit the afternoon workout in since I usually get on in the am. Hope you find something that works for you.
    Jen
  • My kids are a bit older, so it's easier. There are studies now that you don't have to have all the exercise in one chunk to be successful. IF you have 10 or 15 minutes here and there, then do it while you can. It is hard, I agree wholeheartedly, especially when you have a baby.
    Amber
  • thank you all for your advice i need to try everything i can becasue i need to lose a lot of weight and thats going to take a lot of working out
  • Get a jogging stroller, and get out the door. Everyone involved will enjoy! Good Luck!

Amanda