Weekly Chat Aug 15-21

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Morning Ladies,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, too many posts to comment on everything though.

Was a very long and bad weekend, had bf's cousins staying with me since Thurs, then had a big pool party on Sunday, so was so tired, I called in to work on Monday just to recover from being up late 4 nights in a row.

Yesterday was awesome, I just stayed in bed, and caught up on Six Feet Under, and cried my eyes out! Now my eyes are all swollen today.

Have a great day!
  • Hey guys. Well usually I post right away on Monday morning, but I have been very upset with myself and was to ashamed to go on the board. Saturday night I went to that Tapas place for my sister's engagement party... I was trying to be sooo good and eat just little bites of all of the spanish appetizer platters, but then it got to be so late and I was so hungry I started just pigging out, and when I got home I completely attacked the kitchen/binged. So the next day I was so mad at myself that what did I do, I ate all day!!! Binged again at night... And for the past few days I've just been eating and eating and I can't stop. And I'm sooo mad at myself because A) I am leaving for college tomorow and I feel terrible, my jeans won't fit and B) Today for the day before I leave I was congratulating myself with a massage for how hard I've worked on my diet... go figure. Now I am going to go back to school (a week early because everyone just eats and parties and I thought if I was really good before I left it would be ok to indulge) but... yah I am just really sad right now.
  • I'm back! Hello to everyone - missed you guys - I'm too far behind to catch up on old posts, so I'll just jump right in. I did really well on my vacation, only one off-day and even a bit of exercise (got going 5 out of 7 days!).

Jenna - I'm sorry to hear about your rough weekend - try to jump back on that wagon okay? We're all here for you...
  • Whew, what a horrible weekend for dieting! Heh, too many home parties (especially the Pampered Chef--that one's a killer!). Plus, of course, we had to stop at Sonic while in Va Beach. And no, I don't ever actually go to the beach when I am there--just hang out at my sister's house. I'm not much of a beach person (show me a 300-pound woman who loves being in a bathing suit in public!)--I also burn in about 2 seconds in the sun even when I use my SPF 45 sport block. My Polish skin goes from white to red to pink and back to white--there's no tan to be found on my skin's color spectrum

So this week, back to crackin' down. Had my 3 days off plan, and now right back to being strictly on plan. I goofed yesterday and had a bunch of graham crackers--how weird that that's a big splurge for me now, whereas I used to eat a whole cheese pizza in one sitting? My perspective sure has changed But anyway, I'm back on track. doubt I'll lose any this week--probably have a gain, but that seems to be my pattern now--gain one week, lose the next, then gain, then lose...as long as the losses are always bigger than the gains, then I'm still down overall!
  • Christy - I'm going to check out that website. Sometimes I worry that I'm focusing too much on fatness and not enough on my faith. It would be nice to approach weighloss with faith in mind.

Spillthebeans - Sorry to hear that your weekend wasn't the best, but it looks like things have gotten better if you're crying your eyes out and it is awesome!

Jenna - Girl, don't freak out. Take a deeeppp breath and remember that today is the only day you can control. Beating yourself up over last weekend won't make it any easier, so just get back on the wagon and remember that you can do it!!

Jenicra - Wow! 5/7 work out days on vacation!! Thats amazing. I have a hard enough time doing that when I'm at home!

My random daily update...

All the really, really attractive people have come back to my gym since school has started back. I'm trying to feel inspired by all these beautiful, lean bodies instead of insanely jealous. I jogged for 32minutes yesterday when this skinny girl beside me could only go like 5minutes without getting out of breath. That made me feel better.
    I guess I don't mind people in general, but I can get a better workout in when it isn't so crowded.. yet another reason to work out in the morning!

I'm feeling good about my weigh in this week for the first time in months. I think setting my long term goals and really thinking about what it takes to meet those has helped me.

Happy tuesday!!
  • Lizzie, what year again are you at school? Did you stay there for the summer because your last post said "now that everyone is returning to school."
  • Jenna - I'm a junior this year and I have an apartment in town which is about an hour away from "home." Our lease was a full year so I stuck around through the summer and went to summer school and worked down here. While there were times when the gym was crowded before, with other summer school students mostly, it hadn't gotten as crowded as it was before. I love my gym, but one of the downsides is that it is right beside the Greek Village so it becomes a 'hang out' for fraternities and sororities in the evenings.
  • Lizzie - I so know what you mean about the pretty people coming back - that was something that kept me somewhat far from the cardio room in my schools gym and kept me in the weight room with the boys. even though the boys intimidate me - I don't think they do so much as the skinny beautiful girls. (and some eye candy... no but that isn't the reason - its about intimidation) when I used to go to real gyms I never had this problem - I think its just a college thing.

oh and paperclippy - I so know what you mean about NYC and the subways, i was there for a week (wed-wed of last week) and man, was it humid and HOT. I come back to LA, and its nice and dry, and this week its suprisingly cool. I had forgotten, even though I lived there all my life, what humidity was, and how bad it could be! I will miss hte fall, but I really like the weather here in LA.

Megan - I love diving. I haven't been in 2 years, NO more - its depressing to think how long, but I LOVED it. I have been to Cozumel (my fav) twice, once for 2 weeks, and Turks and Caicos - very nice. I am going to Thailand (hopefully) at the end of the year and hope to maybe do some diving there, even though its been forever.

Oh and everyone talking about the TOM finally inspired to make me book the gyn appt i needed to book. (no more bp pills, need new prescription). I have to say the bp pills are great for me. Since I went on it my period has been so regular and light - it used ot be erratic and SOOO heavy and long. like a week - now I know exactly when its going to start and about when it will end (it varies between sat and sunday). I've been wondering has anyone tried the new bp that is supposed to only have like what is it, 4, periods a year? ah wouldn't it be nice to have none that would be pregnancy I guess - AND not for a long long time for me! I am 25, and don't want to think about having kids till I am in my 30s! (isn't that the new 20 anyway )

ok and for movies -- I LOVED the wedding crashers - I didn't think it was anything to take home at the end of the day - but I laughed for 2 hours straight, which is an accomplishment. And I couldn't decide between vince or owen - each scene i contemplated

oh and i saw this great movie last night - les choristes - its french, and very delightful - I cried like a baby (ok maybe not like a baby) but def cried at the end.

i feel like i have been away for a while - i think i was hiding last week because in NY i was so bad. and maybe it made me feel bad posting?? but now im back on track. go weightloss go!
  • I had a really good Saturday. I started counting calories and took in around 1600 total. I also went to the gym and hauled-@ss on the eliptical for 30 min, ran/walk on the treadmill for 15 min, and strength trained for 30 min. I felt great!

I had to work on Sunday..... IT WAS A BAD DAY! They had a pot luck at work and I brought my salad with well intentions of eating it for lunch and dinner. I ended up eating at the pot-luck and I managed to accumulated over 1200 cals alone over lunch! (it was a taco buffet) I pretty much stopped counting at lunch because I didn't really want to know how many I was going to have by the end of the day. And to top it all off, I didn't get any exercise in.

Monday was a new day and a good one too. I stayed withing my calorie limits and walked four miles with my dad.

Today is going well too, I'm at about 1000 after lunch, so that leaves me up to 500 calories for dinner. Unfortunately I'm not going to get any exercise in today, I am going to try to walk around extra to get my steps up. I've been at work for 4 hours and have almost 4600 steps. I'm aiming for 20,000 by the end of this 12 hour shift.

Sara
  • OKay this is my first time to this thread... so ill tell you about myself I am 20 and right now i am 149 pounds.. i wanna get down to about 110... sunday ill be married for 2 years and i am so nervous right about now because i am a week late on my monthly and i we do not need a baby right now we are dont have the money and were soon to be moving to michigan... i am goin to be getting a preggo test today hopefully... gah i dont know what to do... and i have been *****y lately... i went off on people when we were fishing and i just lost it i couldnt take it anymore.. is this what happens when you get pregnant.. arg.... sry that was me venting.....
  • I did so well today.. then Brian comes to pick me up for work and informs me that we are meeting his brother and HIS girlfriend for ice cream.. so of COURSE i get 3 scoops of cookies and cream with hot fudge and peanut butter... gah! Evil evil... Ah well.. NO REGRETS! I told myself that already...
  • Lizzie- I am a lucky one who never has hangovers so as long as I don't try to hop out of bed at 6am to run the next day drinking doesn't interfere too much. I just drink a whole lot of water and keep on going!

Paperclippy-My boyfriend is the same way when he cooks. I'll get home from work and he hasn't even started dinner. Then by the time he starts I'm munching on a salad or something because I'm ravenous! Boys just don't get it.

Fae- Cookies and cream ice cream with PB sounds sooo good right now. We went to TCBY this weekend but I was good and had the fruit sorbet and that was really good too. Don't think PB sauce goes too well on it though haha.

Christy- I don't have the nutritionals worked out for the recipe because I modified it from a regular one but here it is anyway (they are yummy!)

Raspberry Bars
    Prep: 10 min Bake: 30 min

2 C Bisquick Reduced Fat baking mix
    1 C quick-cooking oats
    3/4 C brown sugar (I used 1/2 C Sweet&Low Brown plus 1/4 C Splenda for baking)
    1/2 C butter (used 3T butter, 3T light margarine) softened
    1 C raspberry (or other flav) sugarfree jam

Heat oven to 400. Grease 9x9 pan. Mix Bisquick, oats and sugar in bowl. Cut in margarine and butter using pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Press half of this mixture into pan. Spread fruit over crumbs to within 1/4" of edges. Top with remaining crumbly mixture; press gently into fruit. Bake 25-30 minutes. Cut into bars.

Recipe says it makes 24 bars at 145 cals each but that is with regular jam etc so I know it's less and I would say probably 15-18 servings instead? Sorry if this is jumbled but they were really good and you couldn't even tell about the substitutions. If anyone figures out the nutritionals let me know.
  • On the diet front, I've got bad news to report. I have been out of control! I have been eating graham crackers like there's no tomorrow. I don't know what my problem is! I know graham crackers really isn't the worst binge in the world, but seriously, I'll eat a whole package at time, which is between 5-600 calories I have eaten 3 packages in the past 2 days--that's a whole additional day's worth of calories! I sit down at home and watch tv or use the computer, and it's like this force, like I know they are there in the cabinet, and I an compelled to eat them! It's quite frustrating, because I know it's bad while I'm doing it, I feel guilty afterwards, and yet I can't just seem to say no. My scale at home has been saying 287 for the past few days. I know I haven't gained 7 pounds of fat this week (even having eaten fast food, pizza, and a milkshake this past weekend, I'm sure I haven't consumed 24,500 calories more than I have burned), but things are all off in me lately. My hormones are somewhat off--I took my pill later than usual a few days this week because I forgot to take it when I got up (which has lead to spotting, which is very unusual for me). I also know I am retaining water (my ankles tell all!), and then there's these mysterious headaches (though yesterday was okay and nothing so far today). I did hit the gym yesterday--I did 40 minutes on the elliptical (burned over 500 calories), then came home and ate a whole package of graham crackers, felt guilty, so I went for a little walk, but it started POURING while I was out, so I only walked about a half mile and came home SOAKED, so I put in my Advanced Tae Bo tape (couldn't find my Basic one) and only did maybe 15-20 minutes of that (I could hear the floor squeaking, and I didn't want my downstairs neighbors to think there was an earthquake ). I just was SO close to getting below 280, and now it seems like that'll be weeks away, so I get frustrated and I eat, then feel guilty and workout...not a healthy cycle What bothers me most of all is that I have to weigh-in at TOPS tomorrow. I have jeans that I fit into that I haven't worn since college, and yet I have to announce my 6 or 7-pound gain to the group for the week. I love their support and everything, but I feel like a failure when I don't lose. Bah, c'est la vie--live and learn. I've survived worse.Sorry for the minor rant--just not happy with me right now.
  • Morning.. wednesday... Counting the days till next thurs.. VACATION BEACH ROMANTIC GETAWAY HERE I COME!!
    Jilly hang in there babe, its ok ,you have been doing sooo good latly!! dont let this minor set back beat ya up!!
    Lizzbabe Im gonna try those tonight, they sound yummy!!
    FAE~ YUMMY Ice cream... hmmm.. where can I go get ice cream at 7 in the morning??
    Sugarbutt WELCOME! and don't stress you will be ok!
    All of this NY talk, Im gonna look into it today. Im excited! I love big cities!
    Other than that made it to the gym this morning, I feel so much better whne I make it to the gym. Diet wise Im doing ok... energy wise could be better, but all is well.. mmmmm TEA TIME..
  • jilly--don't let this slump get you down. maybe you need to get rid of the binge food (in this case, graham crackers) for a little while so you won't even be tempted. it was like that with me and PB and I started buying the individual tubes to make my BF's lunch with and then I wouldn't just eat spoonfuls of it all day long. Just a thought! Good luck