Week of August 8-14

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Howdy Everyone!

I had a good weekend, I spent Saturday hanging out with FH all day and went for a long run yesterday... I splurged Saturday night, but I do that with Flex points. Anyway on Saturday Morning I was down 1/2 a pound which was expected.... I lost 6 the week before so I tend not to have two big losses in a row.

Anyway, I am thinking of doing another BA... I miss learning like crazy, I am debating between journalism, religion or political science.

So how is everyone doing this week? Any challenges, any fun events?

Cheers!

Ali
  • Hey Ali
    We went Camping this weekend. It was my first time and alot of fun! One of My Best friends moved back to NJ so we're doing dinner tonight. I'm down another pound which puts me at 196. 2 lbs left to go on my august goal. So I'm excited but still taking it one step at a time Baby steps!
    I know what you mean about missing learning I'd love to go back to school. I'm totally Biased but JOURNALISM! its alot of fun
    ok Back to the grind!
    Kierie
  • Hello everyone,

It's good to hear that some of us are losing I went to WI yesterday, after only my third week, and lost/gained....0....
    I am wondering if anyone else is having problems fighting temptation during the weekends.When I am at work, it's not a problem, but on the weekends, especially when we have guests over and BBQ, it's tough

Hope everyone enjoys their day,

Sofi
  • Hi Sofi
    Its totally natural to have a stall Give it a week and carefully Journal and drink your water.
    Weekend wise it is hard to be OP when you're with people who aren't dieting. maybe if the BBQ is at your house you can control what kinds of stuff gets grilled
    also you can always bring a healthy dish
  • Hello! Wow, everyone's been camping and BBQing - sounds like fun! I, on the other hand, have been boxing and unboxing and packing and tidying. Can't believe we only have 2 weeks until we move - scary!

Ali, I second Kier on the learning ... how exciting to go back to it! I finally finished my 3rd degree a couple of years ago after 10 years of uni, and I *still* have a whole bunch of things I would like to go back and study - music, art history and Arabic are top of the list right now. Would you study full time or around your job?

Hey, Sofi, you're not alone - we must have started WW around the same time (today was my 5th WI) and the 3rd week, I gained back 2 of the 4 I'd lost the 2nd week. It was down to a weekend with my parents, which is just temptation city One thing I have found helps is to decide whether I want an indulgent pudding or to drink booze - and I try to only do one of those things. The booze is the worst, actually - after a glass or two of wine I find my willpower goes. Maybe something like that would help? Let us know how it goes ... ohhhhhhhh and I miss BBQ (no garden).

bye for now,
  • Hello,

I'm new in teh froum and it's my second week with WW. I don't know if the German flexoints are the same as your english, but I think we'll find out after a time.

I did WW a time ago for 6 weeks but stopped it becauso of lack of stamina and motivation. Now I try to motivate me in this community (and by the way train my english, so please correct me if it's too bad: I'm here to learn AND to loose weight!).

So now that you know about my English: What is OP and WI? I don't think that I would find it in the dictionary....

After the BBC yesterday (I think there must have been a BBC all over the world at this weekend) I am confident. Yesterday I had 25 Points instead of 19 but today I ate vegetables an fruits and it works ok. I think I can save 2 this day and the remainig 4 during this week.

It was teh first time after eating so much more than 19 points that I really counted it and did not say "Ok, that was it. I think I start again..... Next week! First I eat this and that and..."

So I think I can manage it.

Greetings from good old Germany

Mareike
  • Morning Ladies
    DH is on Day 2 of his Migraine I loaded him up on healthy food this am so hopefully he'll be better by tonight.
    Last night I went to Olive Garden (not my choice) with some friends. I had 2 bowls of their salad and no bread/pasta The salmon I ordered had MSG in it or some "flavor enhancer" b/c When I got home My heart was racing and I felt horrible
    I did have dessert. No NOT chocolate Lasanga I had Berries and Sorbet. I knew I'd crack if I sat with a diet coke and everyone else was indulging. So today is DETOX
    I have benefiber sitting on my desk lol
    Did you ever notice when people know you're eating healthy and doing well they tell you what they're eating? its wierd

Welcome Mareike!! OP means On Plan or On Program meaning you stayed with the Weight Watchers Plan that day
    WI means Weigh In sometimes a good day and sometimes not so much
    Feel Free to Practice your English we'd love to help you out!
    How do you pronounce your name its so Pretty!
    BBIAB Kierie
  • Morning Ladies,

It's going to be another scorcher this week... eek, I love running, but not in the severe heat... Oh well, I am pretty amazed at how I have stuck to it this summer...

Oh wanna here something that's high on the romantic metre? My FH left a post-it on my mirror this morning with "Ali, I <heart> U"... Awwww... It started my day off well...

I was freakin hungry yesterday and I ended the day with.... 23 points! Yah me

Tonight it's chinese food (it's bday 58 for my dad today) so I'll be drinking lots of water tomorrow.

Sofi - BBQs can be made WW friendly... I usually get a nice chicken kabob, or a veggie burger... Now one of our grocery stores carries kid sized burgers at 3 points each... You can also go bunless. You can also bring along a WW friendly salad or dessert (trust me, no one will know the difference) and bring lots of water too (or crystal lite or diet soft drinks). When you're not eating try to avoid the areas with food and enjoy the conversation etc or help clean up or something. You stayed the same and didn't gain, that's good... perhaps TOM was coming or your were bloated... happens to me sometimes!

Mareike: Welcome! Sure you can practice your english here! Enjoy and if you have any more questions on our acronyms, feel free to ask!

Lolly: I love learning too... I have one degree, and I did a diploma so now I want another BA and perhaps a MA afterwards... I am really leaning towards religion now.

Kierie: I had a migraine last week. I hope he feels better soon!

Cheers!

Ali
  • Hey Chicks,

so nice to read from you. And so more nice I understand the most. But I had to read that my BBQ is now BBC. I think my Q is a C in your Community.... Well, ok. I hope you don't mind.

@ KO: The pronounciation of my name is maybe like this (i don't know if i can describe this very good)
    MA (like the "a" in garden)
    REI (like the "ri" in right)
    KE (like ... I don't know. A friend of mine from Detroit says - and he heard it from me as I told him my name - it also like the garden "a")

My meal is ready to eat now so I think I should do that. My BF is hungry...
  • Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice, it is very much appreciated. I will definitely have to do some healthy grocery shopping before our next BBQ.

Ali: You were right about the TOM thing, maybe that was why I didn't lose.

Mareike: Welcome, and good luck.

Sofi
  • Hi all! Just popping in to let you know I am here, jsut MIA - having a baby is time-consuming. And I try to get to the gym. If I have time to read the posts I am luckky, but writing with one hand is tough.

Eve is doing awesome though, over 9lbs now (7 weeks old). I am going to the church to get her baptised on August 20th.

I try to get to the gym and go for lots of walks, and am down 4.4lbs so far - WI is tomorrow, I think I am down a bit more this week. I"ll try to write proper when its not cluster feeding time! Hope you're all well...
  • Good morning!

I wake up and was not hungry the first time this week! WOW!!!

After I ate too much on sunday (not from the BBQ, but chocolate cake and plum tart) I stayed OP and could even save the half of the flexpoints I needed on sunday. I'm so proud of me!

Yesterday was my boyfriends birthday and he wanted to eat cutlet with cream sauce and lots of white bread. I cooked it for him and ate myself filled aubergines with tomatoes, paprika, field garlic, zucchini and noodles (wow, I had to check every word in the dictionary. Now I know that I had known not one vegetable by name!!!).

It had so few points that I could have a Knoppers (I think you don't know that, it's a kind of chocolate and wafer thing) as dessert on top.

Today I think I'll eat greek noodles and vegetables.

I was on my scale this morning because I couldn't stand and wait till friday, but nothing changed. I think I have to do more sports but I can't bring m *** on my stairmaster....

Wish you a slim day.

Mareike
  • Mareike You Did Great! I know what you mean about the exercise some weeks I'm on and some weeks I want to nap
    Belle HI! we know your busy its all good What is the baby's Christening gown like?
    Gotta run trying to get work done and stay awake
  • Ok Ladies, I'm still OP.

Yesterday I managed to save the points I overate on Sunday.

This evening I'm going to cheerleading-training. Then I have to move my ***!!!

Nice day

Mareike
  • I am still living with post-chinese food (on Tuesday, was my dad's bday, we also had cake)and hill repeat workout water retention. I am drinking loads of water to hopefully flush the excess water, but my body does need some to repair muscle and stuff... hopefully as long as I stay OP my weight will be around where it was last week.

Mareike: What worked for me in regards to exercise was training for an event, now I am a runner and I am very committed to my running workouts... now if I could only get that inspiration for my weight training...

Kierie: Congrats on making your August goal...

Belle: Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're managing to get some sleep. I have finally finished Harry Potter.

Sofi: I retain water so easily... I can gain a few lbs in a few hours of water sometimes (though that goes away!)

Wow, lots of losing going on here!!! You should all be proud and if you're plateauing or struggling take heart, we've ALL been there before!

Cheers!

Ali