Old 08-01-2005, 09:17 AM   #1  

Default LAWL Losers & Friends - August 05

Happy Monday!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #2  

Hi Fiona - DUH.....I was over at the July thread.......

So your on your last week at this job - do you think they will have a going away party for you?
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #3  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday !! Hope that everyone had a great weekend ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:34 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Happy Monday & August!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Has anyone talked to Mandy or Ruby?
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:39 AM   #5  

They, along with others - are MIA......
If any of your MIA"s are lurking - come on and say HI - we miss you all.....
Old 08-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #6  

Star - actually I was just about to post in July anyway when I realized it was August and nobody had started an August thread yet! I felt like such a slacker...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #7  

Mary - I feel your pain sweetie - this is a big one for you to deal with.
So I take it Erik (my son's name too) isn't too close to his brother? What is the age difference between them? Did they ever talk about your BIL dating your husbands old flame? Be prepared, if you can't stand your MIL, she will surely adore the new DIL and it could all backfire against you. I hope your DH is prepared to take care of you thru all this mess.
On a brighter note - what great motivation to be at goal by the wedding and looking really HOT (not mad, just awesome).....lol
Geez, nothing like alittle DRAMA huh?

Last edited by Star; 08-01-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #8  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys-

I haven't posted in awhile-things are going pretty good. I'm down 18 lbs in 7 weeks and I thought I'd try the Take Off yesterday and today. I wasn't really plateauing, but thought I could use a change. Hopefully I'll be able to do both days-I got really hungry last night.

Okay-irrational rant time:

I've gotten to the point that the WI 3X/week are getting to me. It is just making me weary, ya know? The same questions. Also-even if I'm losing they seem to feel like they have to find something I'm doing wrong and if I'm not (TOM), they go crazy. I mean-do i have to ANNOUNCE I'm on my period when I walk in? Can't they see I'm not worried about it and maybe there's a reason I'm not worried? There's really only one counselor I don't care for-she really irritates me. And of course-for the week I was PMSing or TOM-she was the counselor I always got. Everybody else is really great-if you lose, congrats, chat a bit, try to sell you something and you're on your way. This chick thinks she knows more about nutrition and exercise and dieting than I do. As you all know-lack of knowledge is rarely the reason a person gets fat. I mean c'mon-a fat person knows a heck of a lot more about dieting than a thin person. Yes-I'm generalizing here . . . .but you know what I mean.

Okay-I'm done. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get the Irritating Counselor (from here on out known as the IC ) tonight.

Mary-I know it's hard, but try to keep the family drama to a minimum. It's so bad for you-health, heart, and soul. Just remember-you won the prize-your husband. Focus on your relationship. If she is marrying your BIL for some type of revenge-then she is sick in the head. She should be pitied. Just let them be-hopefully it will all work out for the best.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:33 AM   #9  

Mary - Sounds like your MIL is a vicious woman. Raising two sons of my own, I know they can set up a competition between each other all on their own. I can only imagine how mean that can get with fuel added by parents. It does sound like your BIL is a real danger to himself and needs outside help - NOT a needy wife.
It's a good thing you and DH have your heads on right, otherwise this might drive you nuts. I think your wise to keep a friendly distance between the inlaws and only visit when you have to.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Mary-I just read your other post and had to smile. This is the type of rivalry going on between my brothers. My parents do the best they can-it is impossible to treat children equally. You give them what they need, you know? They will eventually get fed up bailing out the other brother, but even if they didn't, the question is this- would you rather be the child who can't take care of himself or the one who can? Your husband should be proud of himself and his accomplishments.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:38 AM   #11  

Juliemarie Hi - welcome back...Going to COD 3 time's a week can be a pain. Skinny people think they know more about nutrition and diet becuz they are skinny. They think that we are overweight becuz we don't know anything.........yeah - they are dumb....lol When you go to center, you don't have to see the IC at all, wait for anothr one......maybe she will ge the hint....
Old 08-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #12  

Good morning!

Decided to peek in since I am waiting patiently for the template people to come out and draw up the template for my new counter.

Still on my LAWL vacation...and "trying hard" to not stray too far from my diet. If anything the confusion of having my kitchen redone and a tooth being worked on has caused me to not get all my food in - not that there has been a miraculous drop in weight... I am a true believer now of eating all the portions to get the maxium benefits!

Since life is confusing at the moment...I think I am going to do TO Wednesday and Thursday. Shake my system up! And I truly want to get back into an exercise routine, but my attic (where my room is) is so HOT at the moment and all my other rooms have boxes in them waiting for this remodel to be over. Soon, soon...things will fall back into place (including my loose skin maybe ...okay that was really wishful thinking)!

Wanted to say hello to all and be a not-so-MIA!
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #13  

Cathy - Hi chick - way to gracefully get out of lurker, stalker, MIA status.....lol
Old 08-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #14  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi ladies,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I did for the most part. Went to brunch with my kissy friend Eric Sunday. That was fun.

And I dyed my hair a medium auburn. It seems awfully red to me, not used to it yet. None of the girls have noticed, so it's not too drastic a change i guess.

I didn't WI on Sat. as planned....Maybe i'll go tonight.

Mary~I feel for you and the only advice i guess i'd give you is that there are things you can control and things you cannot control. Pick your battles. As long as you know where you and DH stand, the rest isn't all that important. I say, kill her with kindness. Mean spirited people hate that.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:13 PM   #15  

Michelle - copycat! I colored my hair last weekend, too. I was going for a dark, dark brown but somehow it came out VERY red! One of these days I'll get a pic and update my profile.

Fiona