Week at a Time #3

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I just found the new thread. I"ve been busy all week. Monday I got my exercise in but that is the only success that I have had all week. I"m not doing good this week. I would love to say that I had a bad day but it's been a bad week. I'm on vacation. I am going to get back on track though.
  • Wednesday Greetings
    Well ladies - I was really worried Tuesday - I had schlero on Monday (vein therapy - ) and was told not to exercise for 24 hours. It was around 3:00 p.m. Monday - so I waited until 7 p.m. last night and limited myself to 20 minutes on the treadmill. I was tired but not feeling any ill effects in already sore legs. So day 2 is done!

On Monday I missed -
    princess I am in Southfield, MI which is just north of Detroit. We have had hot weather the last two weeks - so I walk inside on my treadmill.
    squiggly Enjoy your vacation and go for a 15 minute walk when you can't get on the elliptical - remember movement is movement

Tuesday accolades go to -
    Bonniebelle
    princess
    Bev
    and me
    carla - hang in there - I often blow it when I have lunch out - continue to focus on the other things you can do when that happens - your water, exercise - put in an extra 15 minute walk to compensate! You are doing great.

Have a great day!

mscat-
    All that we have is right now.
    Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
  • Wednesday Report
    Walked for 45 minutes and ate 19 points. Was so hot here yesterday that I tried walking in the evening but didn't get very far and decided I'd better head back home or I'd be experiencing that heat stroke we were talking about! The only good thing about it being that hot is that I drink a ton of water and lose my appetite! Went to our local Farmers Market on Sat am and am eating fresh tomatoes (local greenhouse grown), cucumbers, zuccini, beets, green beans and kohlrabi. Can you tell I love my veggies??

Bonniebelle - Yep! WI cheeser here and I do love my cheese. Fresh curds are so good but eating a half a bag isn't WW friendly so haven't had them for a while. I'm not familiar with poutine? Wonder if it's called something else around here?

Hope everyone has a good day ... Bev
  • Bev and Bonnie, poutine is to die for - literally and figuratively. If you don't have cheese curds, you can make it with shredded mozzarella, but it's not quite the same. And the gravy has to be that canned stuff, not homemeade.

But please, please, please, don't eat poutine!!! Between the cheese and the gravy, it is a sodium bomb, not to mention the cholesterol you might as well inject directly into your veins. And the calories... Keep it for a treat once you're at goal, or maybe save it until you visit Quebec where it was created. (They make a lot of cheese in Quebec.)

Carla
  • Thursday over the hump day!
    Morning ladies - we have made it past the hump day. Wednesday winners are

Bonniebelle
    Bev
    me It was tough - didn't get on the treadmill until 11:30 p.m.!
    Carla good tip about the poutine - I had no idea! Hang in there.
  • Bonnie, sorry if I sounded like I was giving orders. I was really aiming at those who've never had it, might decide to give it a try, and first thing you know they're as addicted as I once was. (slight exaggeration.) It just bothers me when I see little kids who are vastly obese chowing down on big servings of poutine their unthinking parents just bought them. The version you make may well be okay, but what we get at chip wagons here is not. In my personal world it lives in the same category as Cinnabon pecan rolls, raisin pie, raw cookie dough... delicious but scary.

Carla
  • Mid-week progress report:

Monday - 8 bottles (500 ml each) of water, and then some more
    Tuesday - nope...
    Wednesday - I was using the mug and lost count...
    Thursday - stress management workshop attended and very useful , water still in progress...
  • Thursday Report --
    Walked 35 minutes -- should have been more but it was so hot. Ate 10 points and again -- should have been more but it was so hot! You guys get the idea here? It was just too hot to do anything -- even eat. And I also had a lot of things to do so was in and out most of the day. I had Sunny Delight & a Granola Bar for breakfast, a sandwich and some leftover fresh beets for lunch, watermelon for dinner and cherries for bedtime snack. So I ate, but just nothing with very many points. Have to work 5 hours today so am off for my walk before I get ready for work.

Hope everyone met their goals for Thursday -- and have a great Friday. Bev
  • It's T.G.I.F!
    It's Friday and my goodness - where is everybody?

Sushi Penquin - Glad you met your goal on Monday Happy to hear from you - hope Thursday was a success. Let us know!
    Bev - great Thursday for you too! Keep it up!
    I made my goal early Thursday a.m.
    Bonniebelle - I know you will do better today!
    Squiggly, carla, yvette120, haleys, and princess - we are missing you! Hope you will check in and let us know how we can support you, too.
    Have a great Friday
    mscat-

Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
  • Sorry, mscat, I just got tired of my daily "today I didn't meet my goals", so I just lurked. I haven't left the group, but haven't had my best week (goal-wise). On the plus side, I have done much better than I would have before 3fc, and I've only had one or two glasses of my usual downfall, wine. I don't know when I can weigh in, since I refuse to step on a scale except first thing in the morning, naked, post pee. And the closest scale is in the gym downstairs.

Bonnie, I also believe in not cutting out the good things in life, just being more reasonable. I haven't cut salt and have no cholesterol problems either, but do try to limit fats and sugars. Everything in moderation, as they say, although moderation is not my best event...

I'm feeling quite good and enjoying my slightly smaller self, so no complaints.

Have a good weekend, ladies, and that's an order.
  • Night all!
    After my walks from and to the dealership this morning I estimated only 10 minutes of activity. So when I got home and settled at 9:30 p.m. I jumped on the treadmill and did 25 minutes at a 4 grade incline! That is a change in my exercise routine for sure!

Go Bonniebell - you are so amazing - hope your pool is okay for Saturday!
    carla - I laughed so hard about your weigh-in ritual That is exactly how I weigh in! We love hearing from you whether you meet your goals or not. Stop in just to say hello. You don't have to admit your failures to us to post. You're slightly smaller self is greatly smaller to me. What I wouldn't give to be 206!

I have to leave at 7 a.m. for a workshop so I won't be exercising or posting until the afternoon.

mscat-
  • OMIGOSH!!!

I was just about to post about how I'm struggling with my goal and how hard it's to drink all this water up. And suddenly it ocurred to me that the only day when I actually didn't make it was Tuesday (when I was running lots of errands). I just can't believe how stupid my thinking was!

The thing is, I usually use a 500 mL bottle to keep track of my water intake and if I drink anything from a glass, it counts as extra. The reason is that the bottle is more convenient to carry around and obviously holds twice as much water, and thus I need fewer bottles to reach the target (I get lost with the number of glasses!). Now, guess what...
    My goal for this week has been to drink at least 1.5 litres of water each day, which would be 3 of my bottles. But for some strange reason I got into my head that I actually need to drink 6 bottles to get the 1.5 litres (that would be 6 glasses, not bottles, didn't I say I was confused ).

So here I was, berating myself for not reaching my goal and not drinking up the 1.5 litres of water... While in fact I've been drinking more (I don't think I did less than 3 bottles/day and I did drink a lot more "random glasses" the past few days)! Whew, what a change in perspective!

Whee, so happy to say I've been doing good!

Also, my other goal was to attend the stress management workshop and then try to apply some of the techniques I learnt there during the rest of the week. The workshop was good, I learnt a few new things, but it was a reminder foremost - about all those things I normally do, but haven't been doing recently.
    At the end we had a worksheet with questions - about what we can do to deal with stress, prevent it, etc. And the last question was sort of a promise to ourselves: what is the one thing you will do from now on? I decided that I want to do a breathing/relaxation exercise each day, preferably in the morning and that I would ask my boyfriend to give me a back massage every week (he loves doing it, I love getting it, but it's been ages since we did it).

I didn't do the exercise today (I was so tired I would have fallen asleep - and did), but I did get an awesome massage from my Man...

Hurray!
  • Friday report --
    Met my goals yesterday -- walked 65 minutes and ate 15 points. Six days down and only one to go!

Carla -- my "weigh in" routine is the same as yours. First thing in the morning ... on the scale! Well, actually it's the second thing.

Have never had gravy on french fries, Bonnie. Although, I think I've eaten it on about everything else. Around here they put cheese on baked potatoes and hash browns though.

I really admire you for doing so well on your treadmill Cat -- just have never been able to keep up with an exercise routine indoors.

Good job on the water Penguin.

Everyone have a good Saturday -- I'm off for my walk. Bev
  • Saturday Sign Off
    Hey ladies - spent the whole day at the workshop and when I got home I fell into a deep sleep. Didn't wake up until 7:30 in the evening. It was hard, but I got on the treadmill and completed 27 minutes, 4 grade incline
    Go Bev - You are going to be a member of the 7 day club Thanks for the compliment - I prefer to walk outdoors - the treadmill is quick and convenient for me. I have been too lazy to get out my cd player and dress for outdoors I can run in my underwear in the a.m. and I also use my tread time to get in some reading I would not get to otherwise. I hope to make the time in the near future to get back outside. I used to run 2 - 3 miles a day in Lincoln Park, Chicago! I want to participate in walks/and runs for charity. Your example gives me hope.

Sushi - to you too. Your consistency is great and how wonderful to discover you were surpassing your goal. That is called acheiving a "stretch goal" even though it was unintentional. Stretch goal is shooting for more than the minimum you need. It's like Mary Kay Ash used to say - reach for the moon - if you miss, you will land among the stars!

Hope to hear from everyone by tomorrow evening so I can switch the thread do awards early Monday a.m. - have a great evening everyone.
    mscat-
  • Hello,

I'm sorry that I have been absent. It's been a hard week. I haven't accomplished any goals and actually gained four pounds back. My weight gain is partially due to my period deciding to visit. I am starting the volumetrics diet. My goals are going to stay the same this week. I need to get them right before I can switch them. They are as always: 60 oz water and 20 minutes of exercise; I am off of vacation on Monday and I am going to accomplish my goals. I have one more goal that I'm adding to this week. I'm adding no pop to my goal. I will have absolutely none.