New here, I failed the Reverse Diet

• Has any done tried Tricia Cunninghams Reverse Diet Plan. I did along with a few others, it failed us. I feel like an idiot falling for yet another fad diet.

Hope that I can learn from you guys as well. Have a lot a weight to lose, so I'm ready to begin.
    Al
  • What is the reverse diet? How does it work? I guess I won't be trying that since it doesn't work.......lol.. but I'm curious to know what it is. Welcome to the boards.. I am new here too
  • http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/444...82&dppid=65192

I would never try a fad diet, they just don't work. The only thing that works is using more than you consume!!! However if eating breakkie at dinner time works for you, do it!!!
  • Ohh that diet.
  • The group that I hooked up with basicaly has people that tells why that diet failed them. It's reversing your meals, promsing quick weight loss, and by eating Tofu, you can elimante loose skin. I think a lot of women are falling for that hype right now.
    I got back on track though.
  • Quote: Ohh that diet.
    That was my thought when I first heard about this 'diet'.

It doesn't have anything to do with a magical combination of food (sorry but I just can't see eating salmon or cod in the AM - I'm an egg and oatmeal person!) or eating five cloves of garlic daily (ugh)

All she did really was reduce her calorie intake - from what they list in the article, she ate lean protein, lots of veggies and complex carbs. No secret about it - if she personally preferred to eat dinner for breakfast and vice versa, I'm sure she's not alone - reminds me of some of the pre-competition bodybuilders' diets I've seen.

The basic theory "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper" which is NOT a new idea, is an apt way to sum this up IMO. (Example right off the top of my head - Oprah's "Make the Connection" and recent plan which includes having a goodsized breakfast and not eating after 7:30 pm).

I just read that she has a book coming out (no surprise) and has a whole business tied to this apparently...$$$$$$ To my eyes, she's following Fumento's (from his book Fat of the Land) weight-loss bestseller writer's formula:

• Be Fat.
    • Lose weight.
    • Pretend that having lost the fat you are now an expert in this area.
    • Come up with a gimmick that distinguishes your book slightly from previous diet books.
    • Intersperse a bunch of ancedotes from formerly fat people cured by your formula. Slap a slew of recipes or a fat-counter guide onto the back so your 15,000-word article now has the heft of at least a 75,000-word book.
    • Keep the weight off long enough for the book tour and the appearances on the Good Morning America and Today shows.
    • And - most important - don't forget to offer your readers something for nothing.
    • And whatever you do, don't tell people they have to eat less than they want to.
  • Quote: That was my thought when I first heard about this 'diet'.

It doesn't have anything to do with a magical combination of food (sorry but I just can't see eating salmon or cod in the AM - I'm an egg and oatmeal person!) or eating five cloves of garlic daily (ugh)

All she did really was reduce her calorie intake - from what they list in the article, she ate lean protein, lots of veggies and complex carbs. No secret about it - if she personally preferred to eat dinner for breakfast and vice versa, I'm sure she's not alone - reminds me of some of the pre-competition bodybuilders' diets I've seen.

The basic theory "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper" which is NOT a new idea, is an apt way to sum this up IMO. (Example right off the top of my head - Oprah's "Make the Connection" and recent plan which includes having a goodsized breakfast and not eating after 7:30 pm).

I just read that she has a book coming out (no surprise) and has a whole business tied to this apparently...$$$$$$ To my eyes, she's following Fumento's (from his book Fat of the Land) weight-loss bestseller writer's formula:

• Be Fat.
    • Lose weight.
    • Pretend that having lost the fat you are now an expert in this area.
    • Come up with a gimmick that distinguishes your book slightly from previous diet books.
    • Intersperse a bunch of ancedotes from formerly fat people cured by your formula. Slap a slew of recipes or a fat-counter guide onto the back so your 15,000-word article now has the heft of at least a 75,000-word book.
    • Keep the weight off long enough for the book tour and the appearances on the Good Morning America and Today shows.
    • And - most important - don't forget to offer your readers something for nothing.
    • And whatever you do, don't tell people they have to eat less than they want to.

lol that's what I need to do, quit school and make up a BS diet and get rich