???Questions???

• Okay i hadnt had a period in 7 months, i started dieting and just finally had one last month... Well, after my period stopped, my honey ended up getting off in me 4 times... I have lost 65 pounds since Feburary, and ive had a pretty flat stomach.. But ive noticed that my stomach is starting to bulge, and i am eating non-stop. Also i have been craving so much food, Is there any way possible, i could be experienceing this if im prego already? when would be the best time to find out?
    Tru Luvin
  • You can take one of those home tests at anytime after you suspect your missed period. Do you remember how long your periods normally are? If they are around 28-30 days and that has passed then I would definitely get you a test. I was actually able to take a home test at night 2 days before I was due to start and got a positive.

Good luck to you.
  • Yes, definitely get yourself a test and find out for sure. How many days has it been since the first day of your last period?

Please let us know, we're here if you need us!
  • The 19th was the first day of my period last month....
    Is this to soon to notice?
  • That would put you on CD20 (cycle day 20). Do you know how long your cycles usually are, before they got messed up? Let's assume you have a 30 day cycle. Most women ovulate approximately 14 days BEFORE their period. That would mean you O'd around CD16. You would not be able to test until CD26, given this scenario.

I would guess that no, you are not pregnant. Oh, one more thing. Was the period you had a "regular" one? I'm just thinking that there's a chance that if it was very light, possibly it wasn't a period and actually implantation spotting, which usually happens around 7-8 days past O, I think.

Have you been diagnosed with PCOS? I really think you need to find a different OB/GYN. Yours does not sound very "fat friendly"...especially since you are no longer fat!

Hope this helps and didn't confuse you more!
  • I would also guess that you are probably not pregnant, but if your last period (assuming it was normal) was on the 19th it's far too soon to tell anyway. If you have a "typical" cycle, you've probably only just ovulated in the past week or so and even if you did conceive the embryo has likely not implanted in your uterus yet (that happens about a week after conception). Your egg will only survive for about 24 hours at the most, so that cuts down on the window you have to conceive in any given month even though sperm can survive inside a woman's body for up to a week (most of the time it's closer to 3-4 days but one of my children is proof that they can survive up to a week!).

Of course all any of us can do is guess. The best thing to do is take a test if you're concerned. I'd also have to echo Lauren about getting a different OB/GYN who will pay attention to the fact that your cycles have become abnormal. If you plan to try to have kids in the future, you may want to try to figure out what's causing the abnormal cycles now, so that if you have fertility problems you know ahead of time and can deal with any issues accordingly.

Hope this helps!