am i weird?

• i have a question / weird thing to mention and see if anyone has similar things happening.

its currently 4 pm and i haven't eaten yet today. it's not as bad as it sounds because i didn't get out of bed until almost 2. i didn't go to bed, however, until about 6:30 am. i just went for a 1/2 hour bike ride and have only had water and am enjoying a diet coke (i know i know) right now. and i'm not hungry at all.

i find, especially on weekends, i'm not hungry until late in the day and i end up only eating 2 meals a day.

i already have a problem in a normal work day in that i only eat about 1500 claories.

I'm supposed to start phase 2 tomorrow but won't really because i dion't have any food in my apartment that is good for phase 2 and no money to buy anything else.

part of it may be because i'm stressed as i have no money ($6 to last me a week and a half). and will be unemployed in a week and a half (ironically the same day i get paid).

so i guess i'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem? does anyone have any suggestions since i highly doubt i'm getting the absolute minimum of 1300 cals/day (thats what a dietician told me).

any help/thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Nef, I can relate to that. I'm never hungry when I get up in the morning. I could go until early afternoon without food if I let myself. But I know my body needs fuel, so I force myself to eat breakfast and lunch at the "correct" times. If you don't eat regularly throughout the day, you're going to find yourself pigging out later. And you have to make sure you're getting enough calories.
    I actually have to say to myself, "You're an adult. You know better. Eat your breakfast!"
  • the only thing is i don't find myself pigging out later in the day. it's really bizarre.
  • I have to agree with Ellis. I don't usually feel hungry in the morning. I have never been a morning person and I just can't jump out of bed and eat breakfast. I have found though that if I exercise in the morning before I eat breakfast then I feel hungry and eat better.
  • Nefarious,

I'm the same way. I also work a job that is straight evenings and it's crisis intervention work so there are days where I don't get breaks. My problems is that I turn to carbs or fast food at the end of the day (or near to it) because I just don't have the energy. That's why I'm still in Phase 1 -- I only go a couple of days before I slip and have to start again. Todays goal is to clean out my cupboards and get rid of Frankenfoods and the like. I'm not too far over from you (compared to others!) I'm in Winnipeg. If there is anything I can do to help you, let me know. You can just private message me, ok?

Kristin