LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05

You're on Page 1 of 56
Go to
  • Happy July!
  • Shakes for Quicker Weight Loss?
    Hi. I was doing the Gold plan and Fast Forward on my own. Do you know if the shakes work to speed weight loss and when to use. Also is there a good substitute for them? Thanks so much!
  • Hi!
    Good Morning Ladies!

I was in the bed yesterday. I slept almost all day. I didn't get up until noon, took a nap at 5, and went to bed for good at 10. I still don't feel much better. I did get my truck back finally, two weeks and $850 later

Anyway, I start my last week of stabilization Monday; and I haven't gained anything back. I finally get some real sweets (without cheating) next week!

Thanks everyone for your compliments!
  • Morning Chicks...
    Cathy - About the tension band stroy....When I was doing the Six Week Body Makeover, that plan uses bands and mine slipped out from the door and bonked me in the head too Then I went back to using light weight.....lol

Well I came in to work today, ready to finish some last minute stuff and the guys I work with had bought me a Simply Chocolate birthday cake Well, I couldn't NOT eat a piece - how rude would that be So I did and now I've had my calories for like the whole day

I go to WI around 11, when I leave for vacation from here. That will be my pre vacation official weight. Still on plan, not gonna pig out on vacation and either remain the same or if the heavens shine on me maybel lose (And wouldn't that be a MIRACLE)

Well I have to go train the temp....
    I'll check back when I return - you all be good, have fun and be here when I get back.......to kick my butt (if needed) back in line....

Hugs
  • Star have a great time on your vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy that was a funny story but i bet it happens more often than not lol. But I do have to say that i laughed when i read it so i probably would have been laughing with your daugher too lol.

I have lots to do this morning so i better get busy i have some nasty phone calls to return it seems.......

Britt
  • Good morning, chickies!

Finally started the day off right food wise, with kashi cereal and yogurt - this is a much better beginning than I've had all week! My feet are still so swollen that it hurts to bend them. Did get the chicken cooked and the laundry mainly done, so that's a good thing, too.

Karen/MC - what kind of sweets do you get?? tell us more, please. ..

Hi Mlynn and welcome -- (my DS's name is Lynn Marie. .) Unfortunately, I've never used the shakes - I think you sub them for a protein and a starch? They are probably similar to using a lean cuisine for a meal, and I've had pretty good luck with those. Is the fast forward similar to Take Off (TO)?

Michelle, -- re: the wedding story - weren't you off to a wedding at the beginning of June?

Hi Cindy - good golly, wtg on the jogging - I jiggle too much to move fast -- I know what you mean about expecting faster results when exercising - sometimes it works for me,and sometimes it doesn't.

Hi Cathy! I am so impressed that you still see your ex in social situations - was this because of the house closing you posted about a while ago?

Star, hope you have a chance to check in before you go - have a great vacation with all the family, chickie! Those DGB's will come back SPOILED.

And yes, I agree, about the board being a god-send - when I'm feeling like there's no point, and heading to a MAJOR relapse - this board points me to the right direction . .it reminds me that the program does work, that being POP has benefits, it is amazingly simple once I get into the swing of things. . .

Okay, chicks, it's July 1st - I need to set some goals again! I'm going away again on the 15th for the west coast, but I will do better this time . .. need a new mantra.. . I go off hold the second week of August, and want to be lower than 190 if I can . . still haven't faced the scale this week. .

Hugs to all,
    Julie
  • Julie, I don't have the complete list right here at work; but I know I get pecan pie, fruit pie, angel food cake, cheesecake, biscuits, cornbread, and more. Most of them count as more than one starch and some count as a fat too. I can get up to three fats starting Monday too.... I will have to bring the list to work with me next week I guess. I just remember the ones that stuck out in my mind. I actually already bought me some pecan pie for next week. Edward's Single Serving Pecan Pie is in my freezer just waiting until next week.....
  • Karen, OMG - I love those Edwards frozen pies - and I don't really like pie - -

I'm impressed that LAWL has found a way to work that type of food into the maintenence program. . . I just wish they did it in the weight loss period - it may prevent cheating and tweaking.
  • Star have a great vacation and Happy early Birthday!!!... I can't remember who else is going on vacation too but Have a great one as well..

Mlynn are you talking about the slimdowns (meal replacements)??

I agree you guys and this board are a godsend.. It helps keep me on track as well as making me LMAO.. lol

Well the manager of COD gave me some home work, and that was to eat some jello and ice cream.. lol so I did but I have to say after having the ice cream I was hungry all night so Im not sure if it was worth it.. anyway 1/2 cup of nf ns vanilla, a tbsp of peanut butter on top and 1/2 a banana...mmm it was SOOO good, normally id have hard shell chocolate on top as well but I was good and didn't... it covered 1S, 1/2P, 1F... the sf jello was a freebie

Oh yeah did I read something about a cabana boy??? heres something to think about an island, a hammock and a cabana boy with all the margaritas you want... how could it get better then that.. lol
  • Cathy, your band story really gave me a chuckle....

Julie~OK, i guess i forgot, i did mention i think when i got back, but you must have been on your trip. The wedding was really nice, i had a nice time, i enjoyed spending time with my cousin in her 5th wheel, we went fishing and i got severely sunburned on my arms and tops of feet. The drive up there was fantastic, 4 hours of beautiful CA, going through part of the Mojave desert and then into Owens Valley, listened to a book on tape when the radio went out, loved the solitude. The only guy at the wedding who was interesting at all, was the best man and married...he was very nice and attentive to me, but always appropriate. No other flirting material.

Thanks ladies for the encouragement, you have made me feel a little better about things. I plan to do some constructive things this weekend. I've ended up with a whole 3 day weekend!! I'm so excited!

Happy 4th and Canada Day to all!
  • Good Morning losers!!! (and I mean that in the nicest way!)

Well after a few discouraging days I am down 2 pounds in ONE day. It sure is weird how much your body weight can fluctuate (sp?). I weigh in today so should be interesting. I really beefed up my exercise this week and that may have had something to do with it. I am even jogging and am up to 5 minutes, but at a very slow 3.7-3.8mph. My next challenge will be a family wedding that I leave for next Wed. and don't return till the following Tues. But I am determined to stay POP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • Well first up is my friday WI update....after getting back OP for the past two weeks and doing TO for the past to days my WI today was 1.75 lbs down from Wednesday making my weekly total........... 4.50 lbs for the week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so excited about that! Now on wednesday she had looked at my chart and said humm your overdue for your measurements want to do them today or wait till after TO well DUH!!! after of course. So she measured me today and i was down 5.5 inches from April for a total of 11 inches and 20lbs since i started the program. I have to say while i should be down more i am pleased with my progress since my "break" from the program lol. My next challenge a POP WEEKEND!!!!! Its hard for me to do but im gonna try me best.

~Julie
    Doesn't it feel great to be back OP!!! I need to set my July goals also. I am also planning on being OP while on vacation and exercising at the gym there! Come on Girl we can DO this!!!!!!!!!!!

~Karen
    Im coming over for some Pecan Pie you willing to share???? Wow thats a lot of stuff to add back but good stuff i might add lol.

~Beth
    Shall we sail away to the islands man? (said in my best Jamacian voice) And what a nice little treat you had for Homework??? so give it up how come you got homework?

Ok I have just finished eating my breakfast. Not so sure about these morning star breakfast sausage (textured veggie protein) i guess i could eat them once in a while but yuck not everyday!!! Im gonna go over to the journal area and fix up my post for the day there. Then i guess i need to do that thing they call work.

Be back later.....

Britt
  • I'll share my pecan pie.... I purchased the individual slices so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole pie...

Of course, I will have to use these new foods in moderation. But, it sure will be nice to have them back.

Happy Early Birthday Star!

Enjoy your vacation!

My birthday is this month; I can't wait for that piece of birthday cake. I was on the old plan last year on my birthday. I was very good and didn't have any cake
  • Hi again!!

Reading over everyone's posts:

Star~ have a great time on your vacation! We will be waiting for all the details when you return.

Karen~ Good for you to finally be able to add some "forbidden" foods back into your diet!! Hooray!!

Cathy~ Funny story!! Last year I was having to do some PT and using the bands was part of my home exercises. I did the same thing when I had one in the door!! Not only is it shocking, it hurts!!

Beth~ I would like to know how you got that homework, too!!!
  • LMAO She made me because she said all im eating is boring stuff... chicken and veggies, tuna and salad.. blah blah blah... and she's making me start to add condiments in as well besides the jello.. no I haven't been eating any.. lol you guys can have the ice cream too.. 1/2 a cup of No fat No sugar is a starch.. 1 tbsp of Peanut butter is half a protien and 1/2 a banana is a fruit...just make sure you account for it in your journal.. you can even put the chocolate on it and its still on plan... she wanted me to but yuck I don't like that stuff..

Hey she also told me they have a smoothie recipie book, it must have been a freebie that they put out because she said she'd get me one... she said it has good ideas in it.. HAHA I guess im boring and need help.. lol

Britt lol hey im there!!! my friends always say theres an island with my name on it somewhere.... when I hit the lottery I'll be finding it... lol