LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05

You're on Page 49 of 56
Go to
  • Hi chicks. I'm still on program today and hope to back down soon. It appeared I was down another pound on my home scale, but you never know what that will translate to at the COD. Looking for ideas for dinner. What's everyone planning on for tonight?

Diane
  • I looked up fresh raw catfish. But, the information that I found may be wrong. Here is the link http://www.calorieking.com/foods/foo...70693&partner=

I have and still sometimes have my share of BM problems associated with my diet. I take EFA everyday and fiber to keep my plumbing working correctly and sometimes that doesn't even work. Apples with skin and broccoli are high in fiber. I eat alot of broccoli. I can't eat alot of apples though. Look for foods high in fiber to help with your BM issues. I have ate broccoli for all of my veggie servings for the day.
  • I need to pick up some EFAs. Does anyone get the from LAWL? Any idea on cost?

• hey ladies, what are these cirlces you speak of?????

Debi
  • EFA at COD is $20.

On the diary there are circles that you check off when you eat that particular food.
  • cool... I made a daily menu on excel and it works pretty good for me..

side note.. the receptionist here at work is driving me crazy... I know it is petty, but she brought crunchy nut crackers to work to snack on and she has allergies.. what is my point.. for the next 6 hours I get to listen to her smack (mouth open most of the time) loud crunch crunch as if she is an otter knawing on a tree, and snort and sniff... snort and sniff.. I should be more empathetic... but after 3 1/2 hours it is wearing thin.. how many damn crackers can she eat?
  • Mary ~ Do you have any of the tea that helps you "move"? It is very likely that you have a few pounds that you could easily drop in a BM.

Aren't the diaries wonderful? I love looking back to see what I've been eating and it helps keep me on track. I will think I've eaten fish a lot this week, only to look back and see I've had it only twice. Our memories are not reliable.

I think you are on the right track. Keep going!
  • Debi d, i'm sorry but the way you describe your coworker is so funny. I think i know your pain, my x-hubby use to get to me too, and it probably wasn't him, but i'd get so bugged and i could hear ever sound and it drove me buggy...Hang in there! Atleast she's eating it and not you. I personally couldn't take the snort and sniff stuff, i'd bonk her.

Big thank you to Regina for making me the coolest looking avatars. She is so talented!

• I'm currently tossing around the idea of going outside and digging up some ants to throw into her cracker bowl... she may think the entire bag is infested and throw them out

too bad, I'm only mean in my dreams... for now, I will just return to the orchestra that is to be my day... perhaps I will buy her a yogurt and banana for lunch... those are quiet... expect for the mouth open flapping part.. I'm not sure what is worse.. listening to the gumming of food or the crunching of food..

Yea, she is the one who is eating... she also is one of those life thin people.. I actually saw her eat 8 brownies in one day... always snacking around the office.. never gained an ounce... I walk to close to the break room and gain weight... She is very nice.. just nerving today..

shame on me...

I will try not to keep on about the wild kingdom moments here.
  • debi -the receptionist (One ringy-dingy, two ringy-dingy) can munch on all the crunchy nut crackers she wants - she's not on a starch limit. Unless the boss fires her for obsessive noise
    Not so much now, but awhile back, when we would go to the show I could not stand that sound of DH eating popcorn. I would always think - Will he ever stop eating I think it was just

I love bananas too, I do the same as FI have one small one and count it as two fruits. Only induldge once a week.

A tip for BM problems. If you drink a gallon of water a day it will really help regulate your system. The lack of fat in our diets is a big cause of the problem, be sure and get you one fat a day in (it's still not enuf).
  • Dunflops
    Afternoon Ladies,
    You ladies are so funny. I call my dunfloo package 'My Mini Me' cause when I'm laying back in my recliner, I can hold it as if it's a baby. It is becoming smaller and flabbier, so I guess that means that I'm losing fat.

My lower back is hurting today and I'm not eating OP but not off plan either. Haven't had any veggies, meat. Only had Slimfast drink, Lunar bar, LA Lite bar, and cherries. That will not get me a happy visit with my counselor tomorrow.

Ok, been sitting up long enough, will go and rest this old back now. Talk about being old, I'm the old one on this board. There have been so many class reunions that I didn't attend till I have lost count.

Bye,bye and eating clean and exercising
  • Coach
    MetalChic, will you please be my coach. 90 lbs. WOW WEE I can become a picky eater also if it will get me to my goal as you have reached. What did you eat, did you exercise and how often, how long did it take to lose it. Is there a journal somewhere with your information. You should write a book and that goes for all that reached their goal. Tell me, tell me true

later,
  • Bre, I can give you some pointers; but you really have to just follow the plan. Although, it can be hard at times. I have found myself almost in tears trying to figure out what I was going to eat. I have insulted (not intentionally) people because I couldn't/wouldn't eat what they cooked because it wasn't on plan. I have made myself different meals from the rest of my family. I have struggled, I have slipped, and I don't deserve a crown. I had a really hard time losing the last 15lbs. I think it took about 4-5 months to lose the last bit. I would just teeter, loose, teeter, loose, and finally gone.

I have not been exercising; although, I need to desperately. I talked to the doctor about my extra skin (especially tummy area); and he tells me diet and exercise is all you can do (besides surgery). I just have to get motivated! I have been until May going to college at night and working full-time and part-time during the day. Also, I have two teenagers at home and two future SSs every other week. Not to mention the largest child of all-DF.
  • mary,

She just has allergies in general, I don't think she is necessarily allergic to the crackers.. although you'd never know it by the snorting going on.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a dunflap.. even when I was thinner it was there, smaller but always there..

Oh well... life happens.
  • As far as the dunflap goes, I tease my daughter and tell her that it is her fault. I got huge while I was pregnant with her; and my stomach has not been the same since. I only had a few stretch marks after her older brother, but she ripped my body up bad. When I was pregnant with my son I think my stats were 135/151/126 with my daughter it was more like 135/185/170. After that it was all down hill for me. I got up to 215 down to 155 and then back up to 230, now 140. I am not going back up unless I do decide to have another child, but I am going to make sure that I watch my weight if I do it again. Then I might consider a tummy tuck....