Kraft Website

• So, I am now perplexed. Sure, some of us (including me) think Dr. A sold out when teaming with Kraft.

But, why is he re-writing his own rules??? Or at the very least, letting Kraft do it? Besides $$$....

On the Kraft/SBD website there is mention that one on Phase 2 can have light beer. Sure it's followed by "in moderation" but come on!

Also, being that I am still scared of Phase 2, doesn't this sample plan look too overwhelming to one just kicking into Phase 2?

http://www.kraftfoods.com/South_Beac...planphase2.htm

It's like 3 servings of "previously restricted" items per day! Not to mention frankenfoods! (hugs Ruth!)

I was looking for sample menus as I am antsy still and also impatient in seeing if one slice of bread in the AM is going to harm me (I want berries too! ). I know P1 is no place to live but I am scared!!!
  • I personally follow the original rules (with Dr A's modifications to include things like bananas in phase 2). I'm not interested in eating cereal that wasn't allowed before. I think some of the processed foods make great emergency foods but I feel that too many people who are new to the beach will use them as the basis of what they eat. As for beer, well, I don't like it so it isnt' an issue for me but I will have a margarita one time this summer when I visit my sister but I would not have one on a regular basis.

Please try to add a phase 2 food in. I'm able to eat lots of berries with no problems. Just find a time of day that doesn't cause cravings for you.
  • Jenn, the menus in the book have something like two starches and three fruits a day. I think they are just meant to give us ideas of how to incorporate them, but I totally agree that they are confusing!

Just work on figuring out what works for you. See if the gain today holds. If so, you might want to try berries instead of toast. They have a really low GI, so they are much less likely to affect you.

Yeah, light beer? That's crazy, after what he tells us about maltose!!! I know some people on this plan are just completely frustrated by not being able to have beer, so maybe he figured it was better for them to follow the plan and have beer than not follow it at all? Still, I think some things you just have to give up because they just aren't good for you...beer is like cigarettes in this case, I think. But that's just my $0.02. I've never liked beer, so I guess I really don't have the right to say!
  • Jenn, also...it looks like they made those menus trying to fit as many Kraft foods in as possible. I don't think they are a good example.
  • In my opinion, it's an absolute sell-out so he can make bucks from flogging Kraft FRANKENFOOD!
  • I guess I am not that computer savay, when I went to the link it just had a sample menu and yes there were a lot of Kraft foods. But thank goodness a company that makes good stuff bought it. I love the wraps and the dinners, at work it is so conveinient. Last night my daughter and I had a peanut butter cookie...with milk they are yummy. Some of that other low carb stuff out there taste like cardboard!!!
    As for the beer, if you are not having a 6 pack a day, I think it is fine to have and Ultra at the ball game or the barbeque. There are even low carb hard liquer out there now. I haven't found yet but I saw and add on tv.I am not an alcoholic but I do like to have cocktails for special occasions. You just have to see what is right for you and how your body handles it. You are doing such an awesome job!!!!

Barb0522 - there is nothing like a ice cold margarita on a summer day...and i did see at the liquer store the other day a low carb margarita mix!!! I need to try that

Ya'll have a beachy weekend!!
  • Jenn, it's beyond me why Dr.A would endorse Kraft. I refuse to buy Kraft... I won't support the big tobacco companies. Philip Morris (how clever of them to give themselves a new image by changing their name to Altria) is the scum of the earth, donating a small portion of their enormous profit (a tax write-off for them, in any case) to non-profit organizations in hopes of redeeming themselves to us by their "good deeds". ha!
    As a doctor, I would have hoped that Dr.A would have a little more integrity.
  • mat, the meals and cookies and such really should be a rare thing. We're trying to get away from processed food. It's good that they taste better than low carb things, but remember that we don't need to worry about how many carbs we eat. What really tastes good is real food without all the processed stuff in it.

Ellis, I think you are a wonderful person for standing up to them.
  • Ok - -as long as I am not the only one here that's a bit confused.

I didn't have bread and butter this AM. Actually, I hardly fit in any time to eat and lunch was bad today -- ordered a salad and omitted the non-SBD friendly items only for them to serve it with a HAIR in it (Def. NOT SBD or Jenn friendly) so I got another one that had these wonton things in it so tiny it took me 25 minutes to pick them all out.

I just hope I got them all out!