weightloss tablets

• hi all,

I was wondering of anyone has heard of or has experience with zenekel (sp)? they are meant to be a fat absorber of some kind that is injested in the gut...that's about all the info I know at present.

Cheers,
    MyGirl
  • Do you mean Xenical?
    I think you're referring to Xenical (Orlistat) - which is a prescription drug that prevents about 1/3 of the fat in your food from being digested.

It's one of the two main prescription diet aids out there right now - the other one being Meridia.

I don't take it myself but I do recall seeing posts from people who are or who have been. Hopefully some of them will post here as well!

Meanwhile here's the website link- www.xenical.com for more info...
  • thanks so much !
    MrsJim,
    that's the one...thanks for deciphering my spelling...I'll check out the site right away.

MyGilr
  • Hi! I started on Xenical yesterday. So far so good. I had asked my doc to put my on Meridia, but I have blood pressure issues so he said no. I've read about the possible side effects, but think that they're more of a problem if you overdo the fats. Did you check out the web site? They have alot of good info there. Xenical is very pricy, but I see that you can buy it online and will probably do so if I have good luck with it. I'm not following a "diet" to speak of, but am going to eat low fat and monitor my carbs. Good luck to both of us.
  • XENICAL USERS
    Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone could provide an update on their experience with Xenical (orlistat) which is a prescription fat blocking drug.

I am somewhat desperate at this point in my life as my weight is climbing, I'm not getting any younger, and I am getting concerned about the health risks. I have of course tried other plans which have worked (for a time), but I feel I need a "jump start" and my dr. was very enthusiastic when I asked about Xenical.

So I just got my prescription filled the other day, and will call for my "health kit" shortly but I was also looking to connect with other users and/or get some feedback from anyone who has used this drug before!

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Frouf!
  • I've been on it now for a little over a month. No real problems tho I had some stomach cramping in the beginning. I do eat relatively low fat, so I haven't had much of the dreaded side effects. I started WW within a few days of starting the Xenical so I can't really say how much of my loss is due to the med. I'm down 9# in 5 weeks. I don't take the med 3x a day because a lot of my meals are so low in fat anyhow. I'm at the point of deciding wether or not to refill my Rx. It's awfully expensive $122 and my ins. won't cover weight loss drugs. I'm going to check out online pricing and make up my mind today. It did help me get the jump start, but I think WW alone is probably just as effective. Good luck to you.

Gini