Chit Chat #133

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Whew,

Another stinker here today in Southern O. Temps are supposed to reach around 102 with the humidex. My poor hubby is out there everyday sweating his butt off. (literally!) He's lost about 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Lucky bugger. Hey, maybe I should just go outside and sweat for a while and lose weight. LOL!!! UGH! No thanks.

Well things are going well, Joycelyn is a full fledged walker now, and is just so darn proud of herself. She's really getting her balance. We took her out to dinner on Saturday night, and of course we had to do several laps in the restaurant. She was wearing a little pink dress with a matching hat and looked OH SO FETCHING and wanted to go around the restaurant to show everyone. Such a little diva already.

Had a great workout yesterday but missed this morning because I was running behind. (slept late) will try to do one tonight.

Welcome EXGF Nice to meet you. I tried the Southe beach diet. (twice) but found it wasn't for me. I am working on plain ole diet and exercise. WTG for chosing fruit intead of candy. Don't wait though, until your boyfriend chooses a diet he likes, only you are in control of your own weight, so if you want to try the South Beach then try it. It may be THE diet for you, even if it isn't THE ONE for him. KWIM? JMHO.

Marti My parents are in San Fran right now. An early 40th anniversary trip. Actually they are leaving today for home. I'm glad because I miss them, and have so much to tell them now that Joycelyn is walking. I imagine that the hills of San Fran may have been a little too much for them.

MINDEE YAY for Tommy getting a new job. Congrats to you both.

So can I call this a NSV? One two separate occasions in the last week I have had people tell me I look like I've lost weight, even though I haven't. I also did my measurements, and I haven't lost any inches either, and my clothes feel the same. BUT I LOOK THINNER TO TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!

Hi to everyone I missed. Work is sooooo crazy!!!

TTFN
    Anita
  • Anita - take it where you can get it, honey! any NSV is a good NSV Our weather is so not 100 deg. today....very mild, probably will get to high 60s..might rain a little.

Cristi - forgot to thank you for the cards earlier...Thanks! you remembered my anniversary as well as my Bday.. Did I read that your anny is the same as your birthday? As you know, my anniversary is the day after my bday..just how it worked out...never bothered me a bit. I'm not one for a big birthday fuss, much to the chagrin of my DH, who loves, parties and cake and, mostly gifts. My plan for tomorrow is just a day like any other, really,will probably talk to my parents and brother, then little family celebration - probably ordering out for Chinese food.
  • Long time no see!
    Hi guys...as usual, seems like forever since I've posted. I just read through the last three chitchat threads...holy cow, lots going on

Angie, sorry to hear about your cast! I cracked my wrist a couple of years ago (pruning my roses, fell headfirst into the trashcan, I am such a klutz), and first they put a cast on me, but it made me claustrophobic and crazy, and since it wasn't a bad fracture, just a hairline, the doc took off the cast and just put it in a removeable wrist brace. Hope it heals quickly.

Mindee, congrats on Tommy's new job and hoping you get that 2 bedroom!

RosieKate, happy bday AND anniversary I'm impressed that you're knitting. I tried crocheting an afghan, but it was uneven and wasn't coming out right...then my son, who was 13, put an TANGERINE in the plastic bag that was holding my afghan in progress and the extra yarn...he said we were out, and someone gave it to him and he wanted to save it for later but forgot about it...I didn't find it for THREE WEEKS and I think you can imagine that my afghan in progress went into the trash -- ACK!

Hi ExGF, and welcome I have a male friend at work who lost a lot on SB -- his wife didn't like it though. He needed to lose the weight because his mom needs a kidney and the docs wouldn't even test him until he slimmed down. I looked at the book, and it has some good ideas and recipes, but I am not really enthused with the low-carb approach, or any other approach that makes one particular thing -- fat, sugar, or carbs, or whatever -- the scapegoat. WW worked for me before, I just need to get off my butt and DO it again. But SB definitely looked a lot more sensible and balanced to me than Atkins, and some people swear by it. Looks like there is a pretty extensive SB group here on this site...but of course, we are the best CHAT group! LOL

Hi Jane, Cristi, Marti, Susan, Ellen, Anita, Pam, Dee, Terri...holy cow, I always feel like the Romper Room lady when I do that, heehee...and everyone else!

We went to SF for Memorial Day, had a blast. Bought CityPasses, which gave admissions to several different museums and unlimited public transportation on cable cars, trolleys, and buses. The museum admissions alone were more than worth the price, and I hate driving in SF, and hate parking there even more (and it's soooo expensive!), so we thought we'd give public transportation a shot. Lots of fun, but SF bus drivers are insane and drive like maniacs. We saw the Museum of Modern Art, took a Bay cruise around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate, went to the Legion of Honor Museum (LOVED that one, wish we'd planned a whole day there) and the Exploratorium, which was my 14 year old son's favorite. All in all, a great trip

Still planning Ireland in September -- plane tix paid for, and a downpayment made on the tour. I can't wait! Sent away for my passport, so just waiting for it now...and we are working on Disneyland for spring break, so my son can go with us this time...

Work is still crazy and stressful...I think maybe that's why I keep planning trips and dreaming of travel...trying to run away, ya think?

The house is kind of torn up, Tim's been painting one room at a time, and painted the spare room ceiling sky blue (will do our room too) and will sponge paint on clouds. We had to take down our glow-in-the-dark constellations from our bedroom ceiling to paint -- I miss my stars, but we'll put them back once the sky and clouds are done. He and my boys tore out the spare room carpet -- it was shot -- and there is a nice hardwood floor underneath, but it needs some serious work. Couple of bad stains, hope they sand out nicely. Then it will have to be refinished...big job! We want to put our musical instruments in there, the easel and art supplies, and maybe our bookcases...

Anyway, it's much too late, work in the morning, *sigh*. Ah well, made it through two days so far this week...I can do it for three more.

Sweet dreams to all the JL's...
    Katiecat
  • Happy Birthday Katy!!

Hope you have a fun day!!
  • Whew,

What a night last night. Thunderstorms and Tornado warnings all night. But after it all passed the heat has finally broken. Thankfully. Today will be in the high 80's and after the last week it's a welcome releif.

The weather network is currently looking into 3 possible tornado touchdowns from last night. Tornado's are rare up here, The last big one was 20 years ago in Barrie, so to have 3 in one night is quite an event.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. I have a meeting so I must rush.

Anita
  • Happy Birthday Katy

• Hello Everyone,,,
    Anita strange about all the tornadoes eh? We have had a few warnings here too, and we have had major rains,,,flooding....

Marti, I finally got myself in gear and sent the book to you.
    Jane I have since read another of her books Fancy Pants...it was great. Im now in the midst of Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich,,,Im in heaven.

Katie, I am wearing an aircast and found that I love taking it off and just rubbing my legs...hate the ichy feeling. I even shaved the other day...and what a relief but you all don't need to read all about that...lol

Well Tanner was disappointed in not getting into TYC (the young canadians) but once he really thought about it he didn't care for the politics. Its everything we all would hate,,,such talented kids,,,who put on an award winning show each year. Anyways he could of gotten a 6000. scholarship with it,,,thats the downfall. He does want to take up dance which is what held him back..I always say that can't hurt...

Good news,,,saw Brandon's Dr and after xrays and such and checking him over shes decided he doesn't need his sugery. WE do have to get new orthos for his shoes...or I should say replace the ones he has...%$^$#% 800. orthos..*sigh But he doesn't need surgery. WE have decided to do Disneyland since he will be able to walk. Told him he should tell a couple of buddies to save money and come along...so he can really have fun with his friend his age and all.

I have another appointment with the gyno next week,,,periods have gotten out of control. I started on the 3rd...and like the durcell bunny,,,still going.

Tanner is waiting for the bleach to come out of his hair,,,then Ill be dying it a hot hot pink. oh the fun I have with that boy...lol
    well I need to get the stuff washed out or else he will loose all his hair...lol
  • Good morning, ladies!

Angie - as soon as I get to a town with a bookstore I'll be picking up several of her books, too. Right now I'm still reading Black Rose. Love it so far!

Katiecat - wow, between all your travels and home renovations, you've been one busy Jaded Lady! I've never been to SF, but Neal has, and we plan to go there at some point in his retirement. I'd love to go back to San Diego. That was the prettiest city I've ever seen so far.

Marti - hope you're having a good week! Did James get back from K-Falls ok?

Anita - maybe you are toning up more than you think? But like Katy says, take those NSV where you can get them, hon!

Katy - a cyber bbq would be fun, lol. You know Ellen can get graphics of anything. Hope you had a great bd, and hope your anniversary today is fun! My anniversary is the day after my bd, too.

Cristi - did you get all your staining done? How about mowing? You've sure been busy! Btw, I got married on a Friday, so we would have a long weekend, lol. Saturdays are just easier on the guests, lol.

Terri - did you get your house cleaned? Think of the one person you would hate to see your house a mess, and pretend she's coming over afterwhile, lol. And no, not answering the door is NOT an option, lol. Hope you've been getting some sleep.

Mindee - hope you get an apartment soon. And YAY for Tommy's new job!!

Well, I got my house cleaned yesterday and even washed some of the windows again. I just can't stand dirty windows, especially in the kitchen and living room where we spend most of our time.

I'm headed out to do my grocery shopping and run a few other errands afterwhile.

Not much else going on. But there's something to be said for calm waters, lol.

Have a good day!
  • HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KATY!! & A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TODAY!
  • Morning ladies~

Katy~hope your birthday was a fun one! And hope your anniversary is special! Yeppers, my anniversary and BD are one and the same. Sometimes I wish I had chosen a different day, but for the most part it really doesn't bother me. Just makes it that much more special. And you are welcome for the cards.

Anita~bet Joycelyn is just so cute prancing around the house. And yes, I would say that is a NSV! It's always nice when others notice when you lose weight, even though you said you hadn't lost any at that time. Sounds like you guys are having some crazy weather, as are we. Man the last week & 1/2 we have had soooo much rain!

Terri~hope you got some sleep. Hey, sometimes it's okay to leave the house messy. I think we all need a break sometimes. When we get busy on the weekend doing other things the house looks like a tornado went through it, or the kitchen, living room and dining room do anyway. Oh well, it will be there later to clean up. I hate restless nights though.

Jane~yeah, I know Saturday's are always easiest for the guests but I figure if it meant enough to anyone they would be there. Of course with all that went on we decided to go low-key and only had a few guests, very few. Are you kidding about the staining? Actually, I have about 3/4 of the way to go. I did get the back half done yesterday-it was HOT! Talking about sweating! Of course can't do any today because it rained, umm, poured last night and early this morning. It is supposed to rain tomorrow also. So...I'm not really in a hurry, but would like to get it done and I figure if the weather cooperates...I will have itone next week. I mowed the back yard Monday evening and then will mow it again Saturday to get on that Saturday schedule-definitely getting a workout.

Katiecats~sounds like you guys have been very busy! Of course working on the house is very time consuming! Glad the wood floors are in good condition. If the stain isn't real bad it should be fine once you guys buff it out and then stain. And even if it doesn't completely come out I think it will be fine, add a little character to it. We did a floor years ago, many years ago and I was pleased with the results. Not sure why someone would carpet wood floors in a dining room-love wood flooring. We also plan on doing that (putting in wood flooring) our kitchen, dining area, entry way, possibly the stairs going to the basement and two of the main floor bedrooms. Lotta work but will look nice when it is done.

Angie~well, that good that Brandon doesn't have to have the surgery afterall, bet he is relieved. Sorry, about Tanner not getting the part. There will be others that I am sure he will get, such a talented young man. Hope the doc figures out what is going on with your bod. My mother had that happen and had to have a hystectomy, but she had fibroid tumors also and they thought that was what was causing it-she was in her early 40's. I read Metro Girl a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. Can't wait for #11 to come out next week! I have been waiting for her (Janet Evanovich) new book. For #12 I saw on her site that she is having a name #12 contest! Been trying to think of something but haven't come up with anything good. The winner gets a signed copy of the book before it goes to the stores!

Hi to everyone else

Not much ont he agenda for the day. Going to clean up our old washer & dryer that has been sitting in the garage. A guy at my sons job just bought a house with his girlfriend and he is wanting it. Also, going to stain some 2x4's for V and straighten up the garage a little. It is a mess since we started the fence. V took back a lot of stuff yesterday, pickets and brackets that we didn't use/need. It was pretty good...out of 400 pickets bought, 23 were really bad and 23 we didn't get too. They thought that was great that out of the 400 we only had to return 46. V had just bought a bundle plus 80 to round it off to the 400 figuring on a lot more not being useable. Anyway, those are out of the way so I can clean the garage somewhat. I'm slowly losing my parking space! Anyway...that's about all I have.

Take care ladies and have a good day!
  • Back again for just a few minutes...

Just spent some time adding some photos to my yahoo photo album and will share those with you ladies next week. I have a couple more I wanted to add that's on my roll of film and will finish up Sunday for Father's Day. They are mostly of the patio, fence and backyard, what all we have been doing but I did throw in a couple of recent ones of my big old self. And I do mean BIG, OLD self!

Anyway, best get to getting that garage done! Take care ladies :wave
  • Hi! We won second place on our pooper scooper. I have a lovely pink ribbon. It did rain for a time but not too bad. Happy B day Katy!! Thnak you for the card , Cristi!

I am on the run but wanted to say hello. My boss is gone this week and I have a ton to do. Below is what I posted today in my parents group, thought I would share it here for advice.
    Thanks!

I would like some advice.

I found out today that Mike had his license suspended on Tuesday.

I also have been told by a domestic violence agency that Gaby should
    not go with Mike considering his restraining order that was issued.
    That I should obtain my own restraining order for Gaby because she was
    present while he was acting out against the ex and daughter.

Blah - blah......

I guess I am confused about what to do. If he drives up do I let her go
    with him? Knowing he is driving illegally? What if he gets stopped and
    the car is impounded? Is that any of my concern? Of course if he has
    Gaby with him it would be a concern.......
    Do I call the police so they can greet him ?? lol......jk on that one,
    though it has crossed my mind. I am pmsing after all.

My mom was against the restraining order. Timewise I can't get it done
    by tomrrow. If a judge grants it I am fine with it. He shouldn't be
    acting that way in the first place.

Though it is Father's Day weekend (what a wonderful daddy he is!! and
    grandpa too!! wooo hoooo *cough *cough) and Saturday is his birthday.

So, what do you all think?

I have told my lawyer over and over about the restraining order and he
    makes no comment. Though if Mike shows up without a valid license and I
    dont' let her go am I in contempt of court??

Would he even dare bring it up with the courts to get me in trouble??

"Oh, ya judge I was driving with a suspended license because I didn't
    pay CS and I had a restraining order issued so I can't see my other
    daughter for a year....*sniff*......and I really wanted to celebrate
    Father's Day *sniff *sniff.....with my baaaaaaby......*sniff*.....

Ms. Judge...."Why Mr. Mike!!!! What a wonderful daddy you are to take
    such risk!!! You will never be in trouble......but Ms. Susan......to
    jail you go!! lol
  • Quick post....

Been extremely busy running around getting up to Eugene for dental appt. and for Jhanai's school. She had her 5th grade graduation ceremony. It was so cute!!

Ok...
    Susan--Your post had me in wonder! There is NO way a judge could possibly ok Mike driving around w/Gaby w/no license. That is called "child endangerment!" Or stupidity on the judges part if he ok'd it!
    Also...if he already has a restraining order against him...would that ALSO be considered child endangerment for letting Gaby go? I say "Yes" So Gaby should stay home w/her momma!!

Ok...so I'm not the judge and you can't just keep her home, but my instincts would be to keep her home and then tell Mike "we'll talk to the judge together about this and see what he has to say about you driving around w/your little girl w/no license" He probably doesn't have insurance either!

Well, I've said more than I probably should have but Susan...go w/your gut instinct and keep her home.

Must get moving! Chat more next time.
  • Hi Marti,
    I am not going to say a word. I am going to make plans for Gaby to stay at her babysitters tomorrow and he misses out on visitation.

You would think it would be a no brainer but below is a post I wrote after talking with an attorney. I am still waiting to hear back from my lawyer on this. Because I do remember Mike having a threat of license suspension at the time when the visitation was ordered and the judge just said he could show up as a passenger in a vehicle and I would have to let her go.......like I would let a total stranger drive my child 80/90 miles.

Miss you!! Hope to catch up over the weekend!

I also talked with an attorney whose services I get through my
    employer and she said unless it says in the order that he has to be
    properly licensed I need to let her go with him. *WhatEVER*

Also, she says unless he threatened my daugher the restraining order
    doesn't matter, I need to let her go with him.

Because something about having a restraining order doesn't mean a
    crime has been committed.....
  • http://spaces.msn.com/members/aboutagirl1974

These are some pictures of Pippin, the play we just finished...arghhh I hate my picture...