Bikini area question

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • I figured you'd make your way into this thread sooner or later, Howie!

Good luck tomorrow - here's hoping the surgeon has a keen eye and a steady hand Although I don't know why you're bothering with a doctor, I've heard "Gardenwife" is very handy with the shears and weedwhacker!
  • Hey, Howie! Why don't you and K make a night of it and do each other? Oo-er! You know what I mean!
  • She's a little to handy. She keeps saying she will cut my hair (on top get you mind out of the gutter people) and I won't let her do that. So what makes you think I would trust her in more delicate area's.
  • First off, this thread's cracked me up to the point where I nearly peed myself laughing...Even the replies crack me up!
    Quote:
    AWWW, Gretchen, that's so sweeeeeet in a TMI sort of way
    Howie, tell the doctor it's your lucky patch. Delicate areas? Oh, don't flatter yourself...You, the delicate flower.

Seriously, now, surely you can trust me to shave down there at least; no one but you, me, the doctor and a roomful of med techs will ever see it. That's assuming Discovery Health isn't doing some special filming or something. (I did ask the nurse who called if anyone ever asks to observe and after a slight pause she said, "I'm pretty sure you have to arrange that with the doctor ahead of time...").

I tried the Total Shave a couple of times. The razor cuts are baaad news! Even if you're careful, it's just tooo darned easy. And it ain't worth the itching when it starts growing back in.

Yeah, and you WONDER why we don't want kids?
  • OMG I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Too, too, too funny!! I may just send all my Hodgkins galpals from the Hodgkins list over here just to laugh their asses off!! (Laughter IS the best medicine, right?) Ok, so I won't actually do that....but I have to say, this thread has given me so much pleasure! It's also reminded me that this particular aspect of my chemo-related hair loss has proven quite convenient and welcome! I've got what we call over at the Hodgkins board (yes, pubic hair is an ever-popular topic there as well! ) The Moustache but not The Beard. (I'm proudly sporting the John Waters, thank you very much. ) Makes life quite pleasant, actually. And it should be easy to maintain once we have "resproutage!"

As for my own technique, I share the Jessifer/Jennica plan of attack, with a bit of what we'll call "abdominal manipulation" and some Kama Sutra-like contortions. Not pretty. I must say, Gretchen, I think you've got yourself a keeper there in Jeremy! Never let that guy go! Now promise me you'll commit to one another TONIGHT that you're going to maintain this sweet weekly tradition when little buckaroo arrives, ok? Lorraine has frequently offered to "assist" me in this department, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the Jessica camp on this one. "Mmmmm, no thanks." Ok, so we're both chicks, but you gotta draw the line at that same-sex bonding somewhere, don't you?

Howie, you killed me with the thought of you going to that appt. with a heart-shaped patch! Man, that's funny....

Dawnyal, you're so cool bringing this up, I swear. What started out as a simple question has turned into a real community service!
  • I was thinking I could do the Monster Garage logo or something like that.
  • "Resproutage"! :rotf:

By the way, I read once that shaving the nether regions is easier if you're seated. Also, shave with the direction of the hair.
  • Howie, I want to respond to you, I really do. I simply have no words. Monster Garage logo.....it sounds more complicated than a heart, but I wish you godspeed, man.

As for Kimberley's tips to sit and go with the grain: I sit, I stand, I prop a leg up over my shoulder....when I'm doing it, I do it all. I also approach the thing from every imaginable angle. I count it as cardio.
  • Oh good lord. Howie you made me laugh out loud w/a mouthful.

***WARNING: TMI ON THE WAY***

And you reminded me of something. I usually let it grow in for gyno appts. A few years ago my b/f at the time asked why, I said, "I don't want to my dr to think I'm freaky!" He says, "You think she's never seen a freaky *&%$# before?!?!?" I SAID, "No, she could probably tell YOU a few stories." & he said, "What's her name?" I told him & he says, "You should shave her name into it--can you imagine the look on her face when she starts your pelvic & sees that?" He was a lot of fun.

My nickname: Cue Ball/Vin Diesel
    My best friend's nickname: George Michael/The Shadow
  • Quote: "You should shave her name into it--can you imagine the look on her face when she starts your pelvic & sees that?"

OMG!!! That is too funny!
  • Very interesting thread gang!

I sit in the tub sideways with my legs bent so that my feet are sole to sole in front of me. FYI I have been doing a total shave for years and years and the itchiness goes away after awhile. I have about 1 day when it is a bit itchy and that is it.
  • Yeah, that whole having your guy help thing would be great, but my hubbie NEVER finishes anything he starts, so I would just look like I had male pattern baldness in my downstairs region
  • This is great and is totally making my day! Very theraputic! I love to laugh!

Great Thread you guys!
  • I actually kept mine waxed most of my preganacy (up until the end, pretty much) and then they wound up shaving it in the hopsital for a C-section.

I think my OB wanted to make a comment, but they're not supposed to do that....
  • I have often thought about shaving but I have an interesting appendix surgery scar that leaves a huge gap where a swimming suit does not cover and I don't think shaving will help enough for me to feel comfortable in any swimsuit that does not have a skirt or short on it. LOL But now I feel I have some great tips if I ever feel like shaving. DM