30 A Day in June Exercise Challenge!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Here we go....

Our aim is to:

1. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day for the month of June

2. Support/Motivate each other

3. Feel empowered by exercise!!!!

Post your exercise daily. Any deliberate exercise counts, meaning don't include every day activities like walking to work, but post your activity for this challenge. I'll try to post 'roll call' regularly. Every little helps, so post even if you only got in 10 minutes! Pat yourself on the back and KEEP GOING! Good luck everybody and Happy Exercising!
  • Thanks a million Biggirl for putting this thread up. I am pumped. I'll post tomorrow for June 1st if I have that correct.

Blessings and keep moving,
    Dogpal
  • Right... I just got stood up by my own hubby! 'he's not feeling up for the movies this week'

Anyway, 30 minutes of stretching that sore hamstring and light aerobics for today.

Dogpal, glad you're pumped! Me too!
  • 30 Minutes a Day for June
    I'm in! I didn't make it in time last month, but I am raring to go for June. Thanks so much for putting this challenge on the board. It really helps the motivation when you have to be accountable!
  • Hey Guys!
    I'm fired-up!!! let me make a suggestion TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS !!!!
    That way you will have a second way to measure your progress[ I've lost 26 lbs since 1-10-05 ] but I've lost 40 in. so even when scale lies you'll have a ref. point! or find a pair of very tight pants and try them on every mt and watch them slide on and zip up!!!!
    and all ways rember that muscle out weights fat, so if you doing wt. work take that in account when the scale wont move.....but you have lost 2 ins off your waist and 3 ins off your hips[ now you'll getting the idea
    OK, It on for JUNE!!!!
    GO FOR IT, LADIES
    Audrey
  • June 1st

I went to the pool. I did 40 minutes of laps. Then the other 20 minutes I did water weights, situps and twists etc.

I am so excited to do this again this month. You guys are the bomb!

Detroitlady, I agree with you about taking measurements. I started my weight loss journey on May 1st and I took my measurements then. I have lost 22 pounds from May 1st to today. My Hips have gone down 3 inches. My Hips are so huge. I am thrilled! It is great to see the inches go down as well as the weight. Again. Super idea.

blessings to you all,
    Dogpal
  • Hi ladies!! I wanna be in on this challenge too

My measurements have been taken and I started off with 30 minutes on the elliptical

Good Luck to everyone!!!
  • Minutes for me
    Here are my minutes for today.

20 Stationary bike
    10 Walking
  • I did 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. Had hair cuts this evening and got home after 8:00. Was so tired, but knew I was accountable to you ladies and got my butt on that treadmill and did the full 30!
  • I'm in for the challenge! I did 35 minutes at Curves today (3 times around).

Ivanna B. Svelte
    197/185/140?
  • Im in!!

I did 30 minutes upper body weights with half of a FIRM video and 30 minutes yoga.
  • June 1st roll call...
    WoW yOu GuYs are AWESOME!!!

30+ ALL STARS!

Tinker
    DTimpma
    Doxiemom
    Joe Anne
    Dogpal
    Audrey
    theotherjen
    Tammara
    (Biggirl27)

15 min

Dolphingirl

Anybody else? Due to the time difference btwn UK and US, please post the date with your exercise so that I don't screw things up!
  • don't forget me = )

30 min on elliptical on June 1st
  • Hey, Guys Don't Forget Me, 30 Min Carido And Wt Lifting Lower Body!!!!!
    Audrey--+
  • Too late to jump in here?
    Hi, just wondering if I can still jump in here with you guys for this June Challenge. I just joined today and sure could use the extra motivation.

Andrea