Movin' And Losin' Part 17

You're on Page 22 of 37
Go to
  • Just going to try the link again since it didn't work on my other thread.

Work this time???
  • Kickin" us up to the top!
  • Mornin chickies .......... not a very nice morning here today ........ wet and windy........ still not cold though.
    WW tonight ........I am excited .......... maybe this time I will make it work for me!
    Catlover ............. and anyone else who may be interested .......................the riots in Northern Ireland are mainly in Belfast ....... Sinead and Orla live in Belfast when they are not at home but thankfully they are not living in the most troubled areas. Orla is driving home today and she may have to take a different route from her usual as some of the roads may still be blocked........ she will be coming home in the middle of the day which should be quieter. A lot of these trouble makerprobably do not have jobs to go to so they can stat out late throwing missiles etc., and then sleep in their beds until late evening.
    The troubles now seem to be from either one side not being allowed to walk a particulat route or else they were allowed to walk it and the other side kicks up!
    Why can they all not just live and let live? There are enough troubles in the world without this madness! The problem is the children are being brought up to hate the "other side" from a very early age.
    Paul drives through Belfast morning and night and he had to change his route yesterday too.

Shad ...... beautiful sunsets ,,,,,,, thank you!

Nita ....... sometimes stress causes indigestion so I hope Gene keeps on improving. Good luck with WW!

Patty ...... hope you had a good time at the birthday party and that you were not tempted too much!

Halgal .......... glad that you are finding time to post such uplifting images here even though you are back at school!

Thin ....... I see you are being marked absent just like myself! ....... hoping to hear from you soon!

HAve a nice day all ............

JOKE for Shad (amd anyone else) as she has been missing them ..... I think! ...... it's not too rude

HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A WOMAN
    Take off clothes and place them sectioned in the
    laundry basket according to lights and darks.
    Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown.
    If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.
    Look at your womanly physique in the mirror - make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts etc.
    Get in the shower.
    Use face cloth, arm cloth, leg cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone.
    Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins.
    Wash your hair again to make sure it is clean.
    Condition your hair with conditioner enhanced with grapefruit and mint.
    Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red.
    Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash.
    Rinse conditioner off hair.
    Shave armpits and legs.
    Turn off shower.
    Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower.
    Spray mould spots with tile cleaner.
    Get out of shower.
    Dry with towel the size of a small country.
    Wrap hair in a super absorbent towel.
    Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and the hand towel on head.
    If you see your husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.

HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A MAN
    Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave in a pile on the floor.
    Walk naked to the bathroom.
    If you see your wife along the way, shake willy at her making the "woo-woo" sound.
    Look at your manly physique in the mirror. Admire the size of your willy and scratch your bum.
    Get in the shower.
    Wash your face.
    Wash your armpits.
    Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse it off.
    Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower.
    Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area.
    Wash your bum, leaving those coarse bum hairs stuck on the soap.
    Wash your hair.
    Make a Shampoo Mohawk.
    Wee.
    Rinse off and get out of shower.
    Partially dry off.
    Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of bath the whole time.
    Admire willy size in mirror again.
    Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on.
    If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake willy at her and make the "woo-woo" sound again.
    Throw wet towel on bed.

• Mooz--
    We did get a little better news after the original, so I knew it was limited to Belfast. Hadn't realized, though, that a couple of your kids were there.

I don't know either why people act that way, but I know it happens all over. I suppose people who have nothing much to be proud of about themselves then like to be part of the "superior" group. At least that's what it seems to me with the racists in my country.
  • Morning all,

Mooz - good to here from you and thanks for the joke. How true. Hope that weight watchers does its thing for you and you finally break through that barrier. I hope that Belfast settles down soon. Such a stupid act. How can people be sooo narrow minded and silly. Good grief. Hasn't there been enough trouble in Ireland already.

Nita - I'm thinking of you and DH as you go forward towards his surgery. Good luck with weight watchers too. That must have been really good to see the DH walk without the aids again. Cheers to you both.

Hello to all the Cat, Oneday and Halgal as well. How are you all doing?

I finished that course of multi vitamins today. Finally!!!!!!! I'm not taking anymore, I really don't think I need them. They certainly didn't make me feel any livelier and I suspect that I am getting enough from the good solid meals and fruit that I already eat.

DS2 is going camping on Fraser Island for a week today. He rang a couple of days ago to tell me this and put in a request for some Hedgehog. For those of you who are shaking their heads at this point, hedgehog is a confection of dark chocolate, butter, sugar, egg, cocoa and broken biscuits all flavoured with a liqueur - in this case Bailey's Irish cream - and it is not one of those prickly little animals that live in the bush. Take a bow Shad, not only did you make the stuff but you did not even eat any of it - not a crumb. And I packed up the left over chocolate and biscuits and gave it all to the DS2 last night. Actually it wasn't all that difficult not to eat any - not enough alcohol in it for me!! Then he cadged my camera bag to hold his new Canon digital camera. Yes he bought one and we gave it a workout last night. He tells me I can borrow it to take to Japan with me. He also left with one of my camera lens which has a bigger macro than his new one. Kids - doesn't matter how old they get, you still have to organise them.

Well not much more to be said from this end. I'm off to do some more reporting doco and should just about finish that today. Then it will be refining it and having it QA'd. How I hate that bit. So without further ado, I will be off to do some work, pack my stuff (I'm being shifted to the 13th floor) and go get some coffee. Back later.
  • Hello Ladies,

Had fun at party, unfortunately I did eat some cake, but I did pass on the chips and dip. Monday night went to a major league baseball game, to see the Texas Rangers and Baltimore. Texas lost, but had great seats. Work is still busy, doing good on my foods but need to eat more veggies and drink that water.

Nita - Keeping you all in my prayers. I got on my treadmill about a week ago, and I need to get back on it. I have mine just sitting in the living room, but it the kind that folds up.

Mooz - cute joke, and so true. I guess I hadn't been reading to much news around the world and didn't realize what was going on. Will keep kids in my prayers too.

Shad - Glad you explained the hedgehog thing. I was thinking oh, poor critters. They sound yummy. Good for you passing them up.

Cat - I have to agree with ya.

Hope everyone is having a good evening.
  • Hi Everyone,

Well our WW meeting has been scheduled to start next Wednesday. It so happens the leader was out of town and they didn't have anyone to send in her place. I did get on the treadmill again today but tomorrow I will be going to work very early (5:45 a.m.) because on Thurs. Gene will be having his surgery. I do believe stress is what is making my indigestion so pronounced. The last 3 days I have taken Asaphex, a drug similar to Nexium and it does seem to be helping. I also bowled on my league today and didn't do too badly. I am hoping to get out of work by noon so that I can join the bowlers again tomorrow.

Catlover -- What is your EAT program. It sounds like you are making progress.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and best wishes for Thursday.

Anita
  • EAT is Eating Awareness Training. Comes from a book by Molly Groger.

Hope you indigestion is better. Nexium has really worked for me--and the funny thing is I didn't realize the problem was my stomach, just that I was sleeping badly. So hope this other will work for you.
  • Hello Ladies,

Nita - said an extra prayer this morning for Gene, hope everything went well.
    When I get stressed I tend to get a very upset stomach too. My doctor said it's a mind/gut thing. So when I get stress it messes me all up.

Cat - think I might pick up book this weekend. I have been taking the train in everymoring, so that would be a good time to read. I have a 27min ride in.

Shad, Mooz, Hal, Thin - Hope you all are doing well.

As for me, workload just doesn't seem to stop. Fortunately my boss realizes that I can't do it all, and is ok with it. I know we're not going to hire anyone soon, so I do what I can.......and take deep Breaths....

Hope everyone is having a good evening!
  • Just bumping us to the top ..... will hopefully get to call later .......
  • Good Morning Ladies,

Well finally I was able to open windows this morning. However, this afternoon the air-conditioning will have to come on, but at least it's beautiful as I am writing this post. Thanks for all your prayers and concerns, Gene's surgery went well. At this point, however, he is still using a catheter but this should be eliminated sometime next week. He really lucked out because he didn't even use any of the pain medication. And you ladies are right on target, now that we are passed this surgery date, my stomach problems have become less significant. Because I didn't have to weigh in this week, my eating is still somewhat out of control. I am going to take this in stride because I do know come Wednesday I will be on the path to getting back to my goal.

I am planning on doing some yard work today and then perhaps work in my sewing room--it really needs a whole lot of organization.

Hope all of you are having a "wonderful" day!
    Anita

• Mornin chickies.......

Nita ..... glad to hear Gene's surgery went well

Last night was the Hal Ketchum concert but as you probably know I didn't get ............... but yesterday I did actually get to see him but I didn't know it at the time!! DH and myself went for a short drive around the town and as we driving past the Marine Hotel corner I noticed a man with longish hair, wearing a denim jacket and jeans and he was talking into a mobile phone. We went around to the seafront and came back again and the man was still there. I looked at him again and I said to DH "That looks like Hal Ketchum! ..... turn at the roundabout and go back!" ...... so we did and I had another look and we drove to the seafront and turned and came back again and he was still there and I still thought it looked like him ...... but I wasn't sure.
    When we got home I showed DH a picture of him and he said that looked like him. I immediately sent my friend a text message saying that I thought I had seen Hal Ketchum and she phoned me back and asked if I wanted to go down to the Marine to see if it was him ...... so we did. We went into the hotel and asked the receptionist if he had been there and she said that he had stayed the night there and had just left!!
    So we drove about the town for a bit looking out for him but we never saw him again. I thought ...... how weird is this ...... driving around our wee town looking for Hal Ketchum!!
    Why oh why did I not have my camera with me at the time??

• Good Morning Ladies,

Slept in late today. Missed the morning masses. Will have to go later this evening. Yesterday was a busy day for me, went to church carnival (not my church) to see my mom & other ladies from her recreation line dance. Their ages range from 58 to 87. They did a great job. I don't think i could keep up with them.

Mooz - oh, wait til Hal reads your note. I'm sure in a way it was relaxing for "Hal" to not have all the fans watching his every move. But i'm sure he would of taken a moment to have his picture taken with you all. If only you had your camera!!

Nita - so glad the surgery went well. I'm glad you stomach problems are't as bad as they were. It's still hot here (97), no way i'm turning the a/c off. Our nights are getting a little cooler but still only 76 at night .

Shad, Cat, Hal, Thin - Hope to hear from you guys.
  • I came back,

Sorry, I've been a bit busy this weekend. We had a storm on Friday night - with heavy wind gusts. It did a bit of damage to some places around town and the boats etc. etc. No damage at my place, but just around the corner a big tree branch came down and smashed through the neighbours fences and came to rest on top of their car. Apart from the fence not a lot of damage done. Scratches to paintwork only on the car. I'd picked all the blooming bulbs and flowers so that they wouldn't get blown to pieces and tidied up all the stuff that was lying around. Still I ended up with someone's laundry in the yard. I put it out the front on a bench thing made of old tree trunks and a plank. The laundry went and darn it all so did the bench. Strewth it was only a temporary thing to put the missing laundry on. Some folk will take anything that's not nailed down.

Paid for my ticket to Japan last week as well. Now I just have to get the money sorted, pick the ticket up and wait for the sleeps to pass. It gets exciting once all those things are done. Waiting, waiting for the 27th October.

Saturday I went to gym and did some shopping and cooked meals for the freezer. I now have a weeks worth of marinated chicken for a salad and some lamb shanks cooked in stock and red wine which I took off the bone and froze the meat. All I have to do now when I go home is to reheat the meat and cook up some veges. I also experimented with some salads as well. They turned out quite nice and will be made again for lunches etc.

Yesterday was spent in the garden. I have a patch of grass where the lawnmower can't reach very well so I dug out the grass and levelled it off and next weekend I will get some cement mix and pave the area. I'm going to put pebbles and mondo grass between the pavers to make sure the weeds don't grow through the paver joins. Then I dug up some of the lawn which was very weedy and put some good turf in there as well. Fertilised the lawn and watered everything. The vege patch is growing quite well and I will be harvesting the beetroot and basil shortly. The rest of the lettuces went to seed so I put in more as couple of weeks back and they are going okay as are the strawberries, but I need to do something about the mint - it is not looking good and I love mint in fresh fruit salads, and with couscous salads.

Nita - glad to hear that the surgery went well and have my fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

Mooz - My camera travels more or less permanently with me. Sometimes I even bring the old digital to work. You just never know what you are going to see happening today. You must have looked funny going round and round the town. However people going round and round roundabouts is fairly normal over there. They are usually tourists like me, trying to work out which way to go.

Time to go strike a blow for the company. They have at least signed my timesheet so I may get paid again. Yahoo.

Hope everyone is well and getting out there and getting active. Just a small increase in activity levels, done daily achieves an awful lot over time. So move it or lose it!!!!!
  • back up to the top
    Was a little nervous waiting for blood test results (probably Friday not the best day!), but everything OK.

So thank the Lord!