Staying Core Clean On Core Board #19!

You're on Page 10 of 20
Go to
  • Santa Claus....naggy Cyber GF's.....

CONGRATULATIONS, KATHY!!!!!

Just so you know, I WAS on pins and needles. I thought you would lose but didn't want you to be depressed if you didn't! Now go have yourself a Coreific week. You have to be SO proud of yourself. You had a huge scale victory and and even bigger NSV for facing the music and going to weigh in.

I'm off to shower now to go to our little recital.
  • Sandra, I've been a bad GF a time or two myself. Why do you think I can recognize it when I see it!!!!! Don't worry about the 2 pounds. Who knows if it is even real. Go have that walk and check on all those gorgeous rosebushes of yours. I really have to go now or I'll be late for the recital.
  • WEIGH TO GO KATH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOO.....AND TO THINK YOU WERN'T GOING TO GO AT ALL!!!!! SEE!!! SILLY GIRL, YOU ROCK TOO!!!!
  • I'm just smiling like a fool at all your congrats!! Boy, the things it takes to make us happy!! I told the girl behind me "it must have been because I took off my jewelry" and she said "well, I'd LOVE to have 4 pounds worth of jewelry!!" We laughed about that -- but actually this time I did take off my rings. They are heavy but not THAT heavy!

I went to the Farmer's Market and got: eggplant, green beans, a tomato, some new potatoes, purple onion, cucumber, red bell pepper and a cantaloupe. I just made a salad with the onion, cucumber and bell pepper to take to my brother's house. I think when I run out to the grocery store in a few minutes I'll get a few more colorful vegetables. I found a bottle of Ken's Lite Italian with Romano and put that on it. I'm thinking I'll get a yellow pepper or maybe some baby corn, just to add a little more contrast. Either way, it tasted pretty good. I'm going to also make a potato salad (so I can control what goes in it) and might just take either some chicken breasts or the lean HB I have thawed. My mom, dad, brother, and SIL are all overweight and it might do them some good to see DH and I eating healthy food that still tastes good! They won't change their way of eating because they think all the lowfat and FF stuff is blech. I think we all know differently. If I put Worchestershire sauce, spray butter, and Mrs. Dash on my HB patties, I dare them to tell me they taste bad!

Thanks for all the well wishes and encouragement! I can't imagine what people do when they don't have such a great support system like you all!
  • Way to go Kathy!!

Here's my unofficial WI for today. I went from 159 to 196 !!!!!!!! Okay, rained all night, bathroom window was open and the humidity always screws up my digital scale. So, I actually don't know what my weight was for today. Will have to check again tomorrow morning; hopefully the scale will be dried out by then.

Haven't been to the store yet; still working on my list of CORE foods. Hey, anyone know if fat free cool whip is CORE?? I couldn't find it in the food companion and I really like to have some with my jello.

Lisa
  • No Lisa FF coolwhip unfortunately is not Core but it's sure worth a point or two!!!

• Lisa, that's quite a gain for overnight!! I'm hoping it dries out soon too!! And I agree with Linda ... there's nothing like FF cool whip on Jello. What a cheap thrill!!
  • Speaking of FF Coolwhip our leader told us of a recipe calling for the container of FF coowhip, mix in 4 TBS of Smooth Peanut Butter and stir together, then Freeze in a pie pan but NO pie crust The coolwhip takes on the flavor of the PNB, after frozen, cut into 8 slices they are 1 pt each, add a WW 2pt bar on top or in the middle of each preslice (perhaps the new one...yummmm Choc Chip Peanut butter) and it then becomes a 3 pt dessert.....for me, and STRICLY speaking for me, it would be worth the 3 pts, BUT I would only have it on Weigh In day
    So if you're going to use some pts for the coolwhip anyway, might as well REALLY make it worth it

Lisa, that was very funny about the scale, at first I thought, how the heck???and then I read the next part of the sentence

Melissa, Sandra, Terry, Cher, Akiss, Angela hope your Saturday is going well, And Ms. Frouf-how'da do?? Dont forget turtleing is a good thing....I just love the phrase....and if not there is always today to keep on keeping on. Thank God we get all these chances to start over
    Well I am going to check out the recipe board and see what delectables have been put there by Angela,Vickie and Terry......
    See you all later....Linda
  • linda, would you believe i won a ribbon at the western montana fair with that cool whip/pb recipe. the entry i made also had just a little hershey's chocolate in it. i'll go post the recipe now for any of you who might like it. the fair is in august. maybe because this is a cold snack it was able to beat "regular" recipes.

i'm going outside in a few minutes to put jalapeno slices on my rosebuds. the buds are still small enough that i can slip the jalapeno rings right over them. hopefully, this will keep the deer away. it's a constant battle me vs deer to have roses. they love the new growth cuz it's tender. sometimes i feel like screaming, "don't you know who i am!!!!!??????" at them. maybe i could sit out in the yard with my bow and some arrows. (just kidding) i do get mad at them, though. one of my neighbors said our yard is the deer's first stop. we have fruit trees and lots of rosebushes. oh, well, i know they have to eat something.

lisa, that's a hoot about your scales. what a gain! i hope they dry out soon. i've been eating ff cool whip lately, too. i haven't had jello, though. i've been having it with fresh fruit or sf/ff pudding.

kathy, you have me hungry for farmer's market veggies. i had corn on the cob and green beans out of a can for lunch. fresh green beans would be sooooo much better.

vickie, you're a diamond, girl. thank you for your words of wisdom and kindness. have fun at the recital.
  • Afternoon! I'm having a nice, relaxing Saturday here, just putzing around home. I'm going to practice guitar after this, then start making dinner.

Has anyone here seen the movie Spanglish? What did you think? I rented it, and may watch it tonight, although my Survivor discs are calling out to me too.

It's so sad - there's an orphaned baby bunny living under my grapevine. I saw it yesterday, hopping around, looking, but of course, it wouldn't let me get near it. I saw one of it's siblings, dead, and no sign of the mother. It's funny that I feel this sympathy for it, because I am always cursing the stupid rabbits that eat up my garden and flowers.

Better get practicing, or I won't get to it.

Angela
  • Hi Girls! I'm back from the recital. It was pretty darned cute. After the recital we went and bought pool chemicals and came back and put our solar cover on the pool. The water is 56 degrees!!!! At this rate, we won't be swimming until the end of July. 10 minutes after we put the cover on the sun went away and we had a rainstorm. Harumpf!

I have NO idea what's for dinner tonight. I think some roasted chicken and baked potato. I'm eating some of those delicious cherries right now for a snack. I feel lazy and completely uninspired! I think we'll rent a movie tonight. That's what I feel like doing.

Kathy, I'm glad you're feeling good. You SHOULD! Hope you have fun at your brother's house. I'm trying real hard to stop caring what other people think, but it isn't easy. It sounds like you are bringing some yummy dishes. I cannot wait to go to our Farmers Market. I need to go on our town's website to see when it is.

Lisa, I would have fainted if my scale had done that to me.

Linda and Sandra, I HAVE to have that recipe. I've really been craving chocolate peanut butter cups. Are those bars good? I've never bought any.

Poor Sandra, I wouldn't want to hurt any animals either but it's a shame to do all that work to have them chow down on it. I would like to see the deers faces when they get a pepper!

Angela, I've never seen Spanglish but a couple of my GF's liked it. I feel sorry for the bunnies too and they are ALL OVER my yard. They drive my Scottie crazy. We have a stray cat in the neigborhood and I once saw the cat with a baby bunny in it's mouth. I was horrified. I know it's the circle of life but I hated to see it anyway.

Well, I'm off to look up my Farmers Market. I'll check in with all of you later. No weigh in news from Frouf? She's probably busy with her "real" GF!
  • Sandra your recipe for the FFCW and PNB cups SOUNDS deee-lish I'd attempt them also. And I think I will....that's what I need to keep me going, a nice deeeelishous dessert and I am happy...Maybe save them for Saturday after weighin....They are each a little different, one's a pie one's a muffin of sorts YUMMMM is all I can say about both.
    As for the WW ChocChip PNB bars....most I have talked to 'love' them, they are indeed good....but it's a personal thing.
    One girl said about them "sounds like a GREAT 8 pt lunch to me"
    They also now have in our area Strawberries and Cream Smoothie. I have not tried them yet. The WW smoothies usually don't agree with my stomach, nor do any of the WW Ice Creams...go figure!!

I am not a movie watcher so I'm no help with that!! But oh the poor bunnies Frank always tells me, "Lin you DON"T want to know what's on, you want to KNOW whatelse is on and he is sooo right!!!
    We have them here too, so cute, but I LOVE the best is seeing the little baby ducks...they are too cute as they walk in a row behind their Mommie

Well I am off to have some conversation with Frank as well as a drink or three.....after all it is Saturday evening

Kath-hope your still smilin' girl (one for each pound)

Sandra I meant to ask a while ago, were you born and raised in Montana.
    The pictures I see of it, it is so beautiful.
    Frouf - how are ya, Girlfriend???
    Melissa -did you and Aaron hear anything

I was looking at the Sat Menu board and I must agree with Lisa, you all eat so little. Maybe cause I write every nibble down I guess I can learn how it should be done.

Well everyone have a good evening.....let's keep on keeping on!
  • Boy, I have to comment on the wonderful recipes going up daily on our recipe board. It's getting HUGE - that's so great! I need to go through it again, and print off the recipes I want to try. That ff cool whip and PB thing sounds heavenly. I am definitely going to try that one.

I love how active this board is!

Angela
  • angela, i'd worry about that little bunny, too. is there something you can do?

vickie, i forgot to tell you what a gf told me the other day. she rented phantom of the opera and watched it with the subtitles. i'm going to do that tomorrow while dh is gone to the archery range to do some fencing. (real fence not the sport). she told me the diva song was hilarious. there's not telling what i missed because i couldn't hear and understand what they were singing.

linda, i was born and raised just a few miles from kathy. i am a retired texas teacher. dh is a native texan, too, but he's been in montana almost 40 years. back in 95 he put an ad in the personals in a ft worth paper, "montana man looking for a texas lady." we began talking on the phone in june of 95 and met christmas of that year. i retired from teaching christmas 97 and moved up here to be with him. we've been married since feb. 99. i shocked everyone when i retired and moved. i was a workaholic. plus, my entire family lived within 30 miles of me down there. i'm the only one who's moved away.

kathy, you may remember this.

i am the johnson county teacher who took the pharmaceutical company american home products to court. this was back in march 99. this was the first phen fen trial. the trial was in cleburne, texas. we settled 2 weeks into the trial. i didn't get much and it was he-- being in that trial. i had lost 90 lbs on phen fen. i've regained all but about 35 lbs of it. and now i have valvular heart disease and congestive heart failure. i can't take any diet pills at all. weight watchers is a must for me. it's the safest and healthiest way to lose weight--and it works. but i'm preaching to the choir here. you all know all about weight watchers. sorry about going off on this tangent.

maybe i needed to type this out as a reminder to me of what i've done to my body by taking drastic measures to lose weight. i am so glad each of you and me, too, are doing weight watchers. we all know what to do to get to our goals. now all we need to do is keep focused and keep getting to goal a priority.

(soapbox again, sorry.)

i'll be back later. i think i'm going to bake a polenta mexican casserole with ff rf beans, etc...... have a super saturday afternoon.
  • angela, i love the activity here, too. it's exciting to come online (sometimes even every few minutes) and see new posts.