LAWL Losers & Friends - June '05

You're on Page 7 of 49
Go to
  • Rusty - Helpful tips is what this board is all about.

Now, what time do you serve dinner? I need directions please....

Hugs
  • Good Morning!

Solo- My congrats too on 16!

Mandy - I get on a food kick, too. For me lately it's been bananas, because they were a limited when I first started the program. Last year I was on a shrimp kick. In one of those studies of people who have kept weight off, most of them said that they ate pretty much the same everyday, that way there was no room for temptation. Which makes sense, even though the powers that be suggest that we have variety in our diets, sometimes the wealth of variety is detrimental - like me and the new plan, the option to have PB everday is just too much.

Sy - I could eat pizza everyday. And yes, I find that I try to be more picky about my treats, even hamburgers, if I'm going to go off plan, I want it to be absolutely delicious, not just a fast food version.

Jen/audit - Thanks for sharing your friends suggestion. So, she would use her proteins and starches and breakfast and lunch? This maybe easier for us to do now that it's warmer out - salads, grilled veggies, etc. Grilled portabello mushrooms are quite filling and almost like having meat!

RW - I'm with you on the exercise. The past two mornings I have gotten up 1/2 hour earlier to do a cardio videotape. Nothing too hard, as I want to master the habit of waking up earlier, that is the first hurdle. Then I'm going to work on increasing the intensity/duration.

Michelle - Welcome back from CA. So how do "the stars" look in person? It was vacation, a break from the ordinary, so I know you will get right back on plan. Vacation is to enjoy yourself.

Star - This is from a few posts ago, but I am trying not to drink any alcohol either while being POP. The weight you have lost since coming back from your trip and being an angel OP, is great encouragement for me to follow suit.

Carmen - Congrats on the compliments from your boss. I'm with you on the short-sleeved shirts! Though I had to break down yesterday and bear arms in the heat wave we're having.

Gotta go post my journal.

Melissa the videochick
  • Melissa - about no Hey - are you close to goal now I know you didn't have that much to lose and I lost track (I have a hard enuf time keeping up with me ) Oh and I noticed in your journal that you lie pb and banana? Me too

Michele - Welcome back from Calif! Wouldnt you just like to move there? I feel in love with it when I went in April! Glad to have you back and not much has changed around here. Some of us are 'lifers' here

Carmen - Congrats on people noticing your loss I remember awhile back we had the conversation about 'when do people notice?' I think several of us said around 20 pounds, so I guess we were in the ballpark....
    I'm way behind on my h2o today - gulp-gulp Heck I just looked and I don't even know where my dang bottle is found it, it was on the guy's pinic table...

Jen - Those were some good tips about how to bust the last pounds til goal. Let me know how they work. I wish they made a pill for that

Solo - Congrats on getting into a smaller size pants - that is the best!
    hey I'm really enjoying your pn-butter 1/2 portion - thanks! I was so glad my counslor suggested that and surprised too.

Mandy - I'm way like you in that I have to have my OP foods to be good. It is too easy to eat off-plan when the on-plan stuff isn't handy. And I don't need too much of an excuse anyhow

SY - Hurry back and PM me about what you mentioned earlier - I'm dying to know You will probably do better at COD WI than you think. You know all the tricks to this plan and stay pretty much right on track - the force will be with you.....

Rusty - I'm gonna PM you...... Your doing really great with getting back to basics on your workout

Hugs to all chicks and especailly the one's I missed.......
  • Wow, I'm having a hard time keeping up with everybody, but I'll catch on eventually!

I was POP yesterday, and I plan to do the same today.

I try not to have starches at dinner. I try for just a protein and veggies. Whoever posted about the cabbage, brocolli, and cauliflower, is it fresh or frozen? I would love a quick and easy way to cook some tasty cabbage!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Marly - the one that posted that dinner suggestion of veggies was Rusty.....
    She also knows how to cook dinner for 40 on a hemi engine hotrod in the Nascar camp ground
  • Michelle...Welcome back...
    Melissa..I had to master the waking up part too. That took forever. Now, as soon as my alarm goes off, I get out of bed, give myself time to wake up and get some coffee in me and then I get started. It's working so far. But, if I hit the snooze, I'm a goner...
    Marly..The veggies are all fresh, that way you still get a cup each because it is raw and they are microwaved. I made sure of that with one of the counselors. If you get 3 veggies a day, it works great. You get them all at once and very light but filling for dinner..
    Star...you are always welcome at my house...Now get your butt down here... Geez, all the cooking that gets done at the races, you would think we were serving 40 for dinner.. I do have to admit though, that Rick does most of the cooking when we are camping out..I have such a sweet DH....aaahhhhhh
    Hello to everyone...
  • Hey Chickies sorry I've been MIA!!

Haven't been to weigh in since last Friday, I am nervous though, I haven't had the best weekend, although the past 2 days have been really good for me. I feel so bloated, and like I haven't lost, my fiance says I have though, and he's seeing a difference, How come I don't feel like there is a difference, I found stretch marks yesturday too, and that makes me sad :-(

Anyone else ever feel like that?
  • Irish, I have so many stretch marks it isn't even

I've had mine since motherhood!
  • firgured i would join in too :)
    hi all. i am loving la weight loss so far. curious tho, when we stay POP why is it we are still nervous to get weighed? it's weird. there is always this feeling about maybe having gained a bit or something. i don't know. also, i was wondering how many of you use the supplements trimax and the fb500 or whatever. do they actually help with weight loss? $99 is alot of money to put out on something that isnt going to do anything. well, anyway, hope to talk to everyone soon! oh, i guess i will sort of intro myself.... my name is linda, i am 25. i have two children ages 8 & 7. I have been married for 9 years. I got married early and i weighed 160 lbs. then i gained 100 lbs during my first pregnancy. Lost about 10 lbs. and got pregnant again. Once again, gained almost 100 lbs. Have tried lots of diets to get rid of the weight. from slim fast to dexatrim, calorad, trim spa, thermogenics, pretty much everything out there. I did weight watchers for a while, and lost about 59 lbs., but gained it all back, plus an extra 33 lbs. so now i am on l.a. weight loss. it's goin good so far, and i know i will be able to stick to it alot easier than weight watchers. anyway, that's me!
  • Ive been taking the supplements for almost 2 months now, I don't know about helping with the weight ive been losing slowly. I think they just said ive been avg at about 1 pound a week..it seems to be picking up now that im workingout.. I will say my nails are stronger and are growing better...
  • Beth,
    Quick note, See where I'm keeping my stats under my name now? Well if you go to Quick Links up at top, then to Edit Profile, then to Custome User name - you can keep triack easier that way......
    Oh and by the way - Hi Chicks.....I'll post in afew.....
  • Thanks that is much easier... Soon I hope it'll be dropping to the 190's.. I can't wait its so exciting...
  • Good Morning Chicks,
    Well, I got on the scales this morning. I didn't make it to the 160's but I'm so dang close. I weighed 170.8...WOOHOO... My next weigh in will be Saturday...
    Oh and by the way, I have now been exercising for a whole week...
    Star...I'll yell at you in a few. I have some things I need to do this morning...YUK...
    I'll check back in alittle bit...
    Hello everyone..
  • Morning Chicks...

Karen - Way to go on the NICE loss and on the !!!

Beth - Your at an exciting spot - almost entering ONEDERLAND..... Come oin the water is fine....... Anytime you go into the lower ten spot it's a great feeling BUT when you make ONDERLAND - that is special!

have to get ready to go to the doctor, be back later.....

Hugs
  • Karen woohoo Im excited for you, I can't wait until Im where you are...
    I went peanut butter shopping yesterday and after comparing all the brands and reg vs lowfat, this is what I found... man its sad when thats a highlight of your day Adams 100% natural, salt free. has 0 sodium and 0 sugar, just a tiny bit more fat (not the bad) then low fat.. I figured its better to give up 180g of sodium and whatever the sugar is for 2 grams of good fat.. and for those of you who haven't tried it yet pb on triscuts (rf) if yummy and a life saver for the crunchy pb pms treat.. 2TBSP is 1 protien and 3 Triscuits (RF) is 1 starch.. Or the PB helps dress up the cardboard disk thats 1 starch as well... I have a hard time getting my starches in so I guess the flying carboard disk is it for awhile..