LAWL Losers & Friends - June '05

You're on Page 2 of 49
Go to
  • Star- My mom is somthing else, but gotta love her!

Carmen- Water count for me is at 64oz already...I might be one of those people who need to be careful of too much water.

Julie- I's so jealous of your upcoming travels, we never go anywhere except to visit family. I'm going to start planning a trip for next spring break or next summer...any suggestions????

Jen
  • WOW Jen, I am already in the restroom at least 2X per hour as it is? How do you handle drinking so much so early in the day? Have you always drank a lot of water?
  • I've been pretty good about water for at least 10 years or so...I am in the bathroom pretty frequently though! I don't drink too much in the evening though otherwise I'd never sleep through the night ;-)
  • Carmen - Good for you, we know best when go to COD and when to avoid it..... I would never want anyone to go if they weren't feeling the 'force' with them Isn't it funny what a mind game this all is If it weren't for this thread we would have to go and get professional help to figure this all out....
    That is too funny about the son's girlfriends phone number, really cute

Jen - We need a 'swim' icon for you girl - you drink like a fish I'm only at a measley 32 ounces - gulp-gulp

Julie - About LA telling us what to eat at special events. Well at a pig-roast there's not salad with ff dressing anywhere around. Sometimes we just have to eat what's provided and I think those are the times the counslors need to realize that not everyone is concerned about our being Unfortunate but true. Oh and I said I was sorry becuz I'm trying to be nice to the counslors (as of my re-start in April)..... No more

Hey chicks - time for lunch. Meeting DDIL and GB Dave - be back soon.....
  • Hi Chicks-
    I'm at 149.6 today! Woohoo. Only .6 of a pound to go. Of course I keep having to mention that I will still finish out the rest of my weeks and maybe lose a few more pounds for a buffer. We'll see what happens.

Metalchic-That sounds awesome. Weighing in with wet hair and TOWEL and still being at 140! Well I've joined you in the 140's, but I don't know if I'll get down to 140. Maybe 145 or so.

I can't believe that I'm in the 140's can someone please pinch me!!! Also about the comment from Moms. My Mom hasn't done that yet, but I've had some friends tell me that if I lose anymore I'll look sickly. I had someone tell me that at 185. Anyway, I'm 5'7" large framed I don't think I'll look sickly at 145 or so. It's funny how people react to our weightloss though. I get all different kinds of reactions. Some are happy, some are in shock, some are jealous, some still don't seem to notice (must be oblivious).

Jen- You'll be where I am in no time. It seriously will be here before you know it. The time went by sort of slow for me, but now that I'm almost at goal it seems like it went by in a flash.

Ok any suggestions of something fun to do when I hit my goal? I don't want to not celebrate my 149 goal just because I decided to finish out my weight loss weeks. My Husband is in School, so we are on a tight budget. I wish I could go away for a weekend or something, but I don't think that'll happen. Anyway, any suggestions would be great.

Well, I guess I'll go start my POP day. It's easy not to cheat when my goal is sooooo close. I just hope this .6 of a pounds comes off fast.

Talk to you all later.

Mandy
  • Mandy - Can't pinch you but here how about a knock in your skinny head with a rolling pin
    Anyhow - Congrats Chickie - you are doing great - I'm alittle with envy and very happy for you. I'm also 5'7" and you have just passed my goal - it must feel awesome.
    Now for the celebration Could you maybe go out for cocktails an dancing ? I think anything that gets you (skinny) an DH out and about to show off all your hard work, would be fun. (ofcourse your DH might just want to keep you home now ya know
  • Star-Thanks for the on the head. I'm thinking that going out would be fun. We don't really drink, but maybe going out dancing would be fun. I've been wanting to do that for years now, but have been to chicken to go out. I didn't want my DH eyeing other women. Now I'm sure he'll just be looking at me. (he would have before also, but now I feel better about myself) I'm not sure what DH wants to do. I'll see what he thinks about staying home.
    As far as almost reaching my goal. It does feel awesome. I just wish that my weeks were up, so I could feel some closure. I just feel like I should finish them up to see where I end up. It's just a little over 4 weeks, so I don't think it'll be too much of a difference. But I want to feel like I crossed that 50 week finish line. I'm going to stick around though because I want to see all of you reach your goals. Hope you don't mind.

Well, I just thought I'd check in. Looks like it was a slow afternoon on the board. Hope everyone is doing well on the June Challenge.

Mandy
  • MetalChic and Mandy: I want to join your party and celebration. Actually what I want more is to join you both in the 140s. Wow, what a celebration. I too am 5' 7", and you both are beyond my goal of 155. I'm green with envy (Star, I'm with you girl) and working on making my goal a reality for me (and if I get lower, I'm be tickled pink).

Star: I'm definately in for the June challenge. I was POP yesterday, and I like you, started on 5/31 - so far, so good. It's amazing what a few added pounds make you fell. Today is the first time in 3 weeks that I could hold my stomach in and it felt like it was actually working. Geesh!

Carmen: I feel like you as far as going to the COD and know I'm up - I think it will make me self-sabatoge myself. Wish it could make me more determined like Star feels.

Audit and Star: Boy, mothers are like that. Okay, I do have 1 comment. I use to hear that if your older like me, and you lose lots of weight - you will look older and more wrinkled. Well, now that I have lost some weight - I don't care what other think about my looking older. I would rather be thinner and look older, than look a few years younger and be fat.

Story about weightloss and my Mom: Funny, my Mom use to say the same think to me about not losing anymore weight (she couldn't believe that I weighed 161, I think that shocked her). Now, I think she understands. She started dieting (I would guess about 180/190 #s), and when she got to 160 she wanted to lose 20 more #s, then she got to 150s and wanted to lose 20 more #s, now she weighs 140 and is still trying to lose (and won't eat, and if she does - she goes out and walks 5-10 miles a day, I'm serious - she has a pedimeter and charts her walks and it up to about 52+ miles a week). Now I'm telling her similar things. I seriously think she's become obsessed with the whole thing. She does look great and I tell her so, and actually she doesn't look too thin - I'm just afraid she won't stop. You see, my other 2 aunts only weigh about 90-95 lbs - and I just hope that she doesn't feel like she has to weigh that amount to make her happy. I only fear that she will make herself sick. She's 79 years old and you'd think she was 40 years old again. I love that part about it, she is so happy too. I'm not discouraging her to her face, I just worry about her.

Fi: Good luck in classes.

I'm going to get some water, another day of POP is in store for me!

Hugs to all, Sy
  • Good Morning Chicks,
    Well I guess I had a duh moment yesterday. I posted early yesterday morning but posted in the May thread..Geez...
    I made it through my first day of being back on plan.... There is one thing I have forgotten all about. We are going to Stone Mountain, GA, June 24, 25, 26. We will be camping out. This is with DH's company. So, part of this is just going to be a "life happens" event. I'm blowing the challenge already... But, I will be OP until then..
    Congratulations to all the LOSERS...
    I got on the scales this morning and was down to 173. I know mine is all water weight but it looked good on the scales... I will weigh again on Saturday and change my ticker then..
    How is everyone else doing so far with the challenge?
    OK chicks, I'm off today but have to go get groceries in alittle bit. I'll check back in later...
  • Here a new good item I dont' think I shared here. You know OP we can have a 4" whole wheat pita for our starch - Thomas' sell them and they are 60 calories. I found a new one.

Joseph's Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread (there are 2 kinds, the one that is lower in calories has a yellow square that reads "REDUCED CARB no cholesterol). They are only 60 calories, and have 5 grams of fiber. I have to admit, if you open the pita - they are thin, but if you place your food on them and roll it up like a wrap, makes a great sandwich. I toast them and spread my Laughing Cow cheese on them. Yum!

Okay, got another for those in the northeast. The Christmas Tree Shop (the only that started on Cape Cod) recently opened a store in our area. Normally at a regular grocery store, the prices of Laughing Cow cheese varies from $2.99 up to $3.69 per package of wedges (green or blue packaging). At the Christmas Tree Shop a couple weeks ago, I found the Lite for $1.99 and purchased the remaining 6 that were on the shelf. This week, took DSIL to the CTS and we found that they had them again, but this time it was the 'regular' in the blue packaging. It's a great price if you have those shops in your area. I don't get there that often, but will try to get there more often to see if they will continue selling, or if it was just a fluke.
  • Good morning all,

Was up 1.4 at WI last night for no particular reason...not sure what is going on...very frsutrating. I read on another thread about Oprah's boot camp and think I may try to incorporate that work out plan with our eating plan and see if I can't break out of this plateau (sp?). Just super frustrated right now. I asked about the mini-melt sale with the Take off drink and meal replacements, but they are so used to me never buying anything that I didn't get the sales pitch. My friend who lost 80lbs with LAWL said she did the meal replacement shakes the last couple of weeks to get off that last 5lbs.

Does anyone have the calories/fiber/protein/fat, etc details on the slimdown shake so I can look for a suitable (i.e., cheaper) substitute? TIA!!!

karen-Have you been to Stone Mountain before? They have an amazing laser show at night on the face of the mountain...very cool.

Sy-I like the laughing cow cheese wheels, they come individually wrapped and encased in the red plastic, each one is about 50 calories and I usually have two with a piece of fruit for an afternoon snack. I've been getting them at Sam's. Thanks for the tip on the pitas, will have to check them out.

Take care,
    Jen
  • Happy Thursday Chickies!!

First and Foremost a big welcome to the New LAWL Chickies!

Ok so I am bummed today, I didn't have the best weekend plan wise, and went to weigh In and was at 185.00, 6/10ths of a pound is what the Counsler said. Remeber I weighed myself, before my shower, with no clothing, and it was 182.00, so frusterated it wasn't back to that last night...

However, I have had two good days sticking to plan.

I have finally figured out my routine, and what I eat more of.

See Journal Thread..not going to post here..

My vent...

I started using the Luna Bars b/c I just cannot afford the LA Lites, and I had heard that the Luna Bars, are very much like the LA Lite bars. Well dumb me, I wrote in my journal that I had a luna bar, and she wasn't happy. Of course, I know the only real reason for her being upset is b/c they want us to buy their LA Lites, and not use a bar that is almost identical to theirs but a fraction of a cost. They are $.98 cents each, and that is much more affordable then spending $28.00 for a box of LA Lites. I was annoyed b/c the counslers should realize that we are already spending a good amount of money on the Program, and the food we buy. Our grocery bills have increased b/c my FI and I have completely different eating habits. Has anyone else had this kind of face off with a Counsler?
  • Jen...We have never been to Stone Mountain. We have the passes for that Saturday which include the lazer show and the "All American Cookout" That will be my big downfall...
  • Morning Chicks.....
    Things are going good here, 2nd day of June Challenge and all is well. My home scale went down alittle more today. Tomorrow will be my trip to COD for the official WI (everyone cross your fingers please).....I know I will be down from what my ticker shows now but, don't know about the whole 3 pounds......
    SY - I love the story about your mom and the determination she has found. My mom is 81 and she use to be a tiny bit overweight, but with age seems like she is just losing without trying. Must be an age thing or something? Also SY, I'm 100% with you on the part about "the wrinkles look better than a pudgy face" idea! However my friend just had a face lift and she looks pretty darn hot.......hum?
    Rusty - you seem to be losing that quick gain pretty fast, but then you always do....keep up the good work! Are you still liking WW?
    Jen, I hate it when the scale shows a gain and I have no idea why. I think it's easier to handle when I know what I did.....Just keep doing the right thing and with your walking it will turn around and go in the right direction. (Or just give the scale a good swift kick)
    Mandy - We would love for you to hang around and remind us how good it feels to be at goal. Hopefully it will speed us up a notch.
    Irish - Chances are we have ALL had fall-outs with the devil counslors. But last month I made a promise to myself, to be nice to them, so when I deal with them now I just smile and agree (no matter how stupid their statement is).
    Hugs and Hi to all you other stalker, lurkers and MIA chicks......
  • Star-Thanks for the good advice about just keeping on doing what I"m doing. I did have a momentary thought last night of "Why bother" that even when I'm good I gain, so why not eat what I want...however, the worst I did to myself was have an extra serving of low fat cheese...I'm such a rebel...

Jen