New 21-Day Challenge!! -- Please join me!!

You're on Page 11 of 26
Go to
  • Well, the day is just about over and I know I will not be eating again tonight, so count me as having 1 day gone!

I like the rule of getting 1 day to indulge! It makes me feel sooo much better about my fiance's birthday! But I promise, if I do eat some cake, it will be a SMALL piece!
  • Can I join the challenge too? My big problem is getting off my butt to get some exercise. I know from past experience that once I start I enjoy it, but I need to get started. So my challenge will be doing 30 minutes of something every day, (swimming, gym, walk around the block...)
    If I make 21 days I should get myself a reward. I'm looking for ideas. What is everyone else planning to celebrate?
  • Day four for me...Went to Curves each day, walked to the subway (about 20 minutes) and ate well. The weekend is here and I have no plans so staying on track seems doable. I have been getting up way before my alarm..Its from waking up and remembering HIM and then I can't fall back alseep. But I have not been tired either, I think it's due to the excerise.

Need trying to figure things out so that me and my daughter will be okay but otherwise except for a few moments during the day when I think about HIM I am okay. It seems to be easier than I thought it would and I think the challenge is whats keeping me sane.

I have not stepped on the scale all week and usually it is a daily habit. I am afraid that there will be no change and it might depress me into saying whats the point. I am going to weigh in on Monday and take my measurements. I will only so this once a week so that I wont be obessed about it anymore. Any one else do the weighing thing everyday?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, the weather here is supposed to be fantasic. I am going swimming with my daughter tomorrow. She is a waterbaby and I can never get her out of the pool. I am planning on doing laps while she plays. I bought my first bathing suit in 10 years last weekend and I was really comfortable in it. It was tank top with shorts...kinda covers all the "bad" areas. Take care all!
  • Eek!! Back to Day 1!!!!!!!
    OK, guys, what was I saying yesterday about the "no chance to go out drinking..." Well.......there was a chance and I had too much beer. My favorite drinking buddy wasn't there but four others were....And, in all fairness to my resolve, one of my coworkers revealed that he is quitting the office and yesterday was actually the last day I'd see him before he left, so we had to go out and celebrate his good fortune in getting away from the **** hole. Well, since I have already taken my free day on the last drinking session with the workmates, sooo........it looks like I am going to slide back to START after two weeks of good days...... Oh well, that's still two good weeks I had. Nothing is lost, only the one day..and the chance to pick up another freebie with my second round. Oh well. Ok, Here I go again.

jelly -- Well, you see, I guess I was just meant to join you on your new start. Yeah, don't worry about starting over. That's the whole thing about this challenge. If you read back to the beginning of this thread you will see that after starting it, I couldn't even get off the ground myself. I think I needed about five rev, rev, revs to get my motor turned over and start. I felt like an idiot, but look, I then went on for two weeks. You can do it. You see, you've already learned something by taking measures to avoid the samples at work. You have taken action. And telling your husband so he doesn't bring home sugary stuff. Excellent! Planning is key.

curly -- I think you're one our furthest along right now! Good for you! Keep on truckin'!

jkg -- congrats on getting through to Day 2. You have made liftoff! Good luck!

steph -- Welcome! Glad to have you aboard! Ok, off that butt! As for rewards, I think you will have reward enough just knowing what you have accomplished once you are through to 21. But, gosh, there are so many things you could do. Buy something for yourself that you normally wouldn't, a new piece of exercise wear or new shoes. Whatever, you know what you want, what you need. If you can afford it, perhaps an ipod or just a new CD, something to continue your exercise to. Well, good luck! Hope to hear lots from you.

Trixi -- Good going! You have made it to, what, Day 5 by now? Excellent work with all the exercise and walking and I am so glad you are getting through this hard time. I think it's a good idea to get away from the scale. Focus on your actions, on your effort. That is the important thing. Things like being kind to yourself and enjoying your daughter and your time together. That is so sweet that you are swimming with her. I am glad you got a nice suit that you feel good in. That's what it's all about. Don't beat yourself up, ever! Good luck! Hang in there, kid!
  • day 13... did my 2 miles and..... I went and joined the ladies workout express club today { i think its like curves} and did my 1st workout!!
  • Day 2 competed successfully!
  • day 14...
  • lousy days.....
    I'm floundering here in the heat and overwork and in a very ticked-off mood in general. I have been unable to get back on the wagon after falling off Friday and it is really irritating me. Am I doomed to be fat? Sometimes, these days, after years of yo-yo dieting, I think I am.
    Where is everyone!?!? I need encouragement too!

• Nope you are not gonna be fat forever... Each day that u stay OP and exercise you are one day closer to the being thin...

Get it all out of your system and and start over... you can do it!!!

you have to think positive that u will do it... not can i do it...

just take care of one day at a time and they will grow into months... just tell yourself all u have to do is stay OP and exercise today... and say that to your self each day...

lol i cant come kick ur butt ur too far away!!!! :0
  • ...fallen hard....
    Curly, thanks for your encouragement. I am, I must admit, still "getting it out of my system"..... Let's hope tomorrow I can do better.
  • Day 4 Gone!
  • Down two pounds for me and 1 1/2 inches!!! It's a start, I have been at 144 - 150 for so long now it's nice to see a new number.

Redballoon - You can do it! You have done it!

Got to get back to work...more later
  • Day 1....I can do it!!
    Okay, guys. I admit, the past few days have been ones of just not being committed to getting back on my challenge. It's wasn't like I tried and couldn't do it, I wasn't really trying. I just felt like indulging myself. The heat, the lack of sleep, the work, it's still there but I got over one hump with an article I had to write. So, today, Tuesday, I am going to commit to getting back and getting to 21. I got to 14 last time. I was going to change my challenge but I want to get this one done and then change, maybe. So, eating right, exercising, self-evaluation. I KNOW what's good, what isn't. Wish me luck!

jkg -- Good for you for getting through Day 4! Keep it up!

Trixi -- thanks for the words of support. Ok, I AM going to make an effort to get to Day 2 again today. I will. I can do this. AND, congratulations to you!! 2 lbs down!?! Hurrah! and inches off too! I am so glad for you! Keep up the good work. Make the "bad" work for you! Turn in around! Yes, great to see the new number! Enviable!!

Everyone else, where are you?!!? Come in and help us keep this thread alive! Help keep us all going on our challenges! We need your support!
  • I think the only thing keeping me together is focusing on the weightloss. It has gotten harder and harder to stop thinking about him. I even wrote down all the really horrible things we have done to each other and deep down I know it's the right thing to have kicked him out. But he was also my bestfriend (doesn't seem like it now) and I feel pretty alone.

I did get comments about my weight loss today and that was great. My sister said I have to stop losing or she won't be able to wear my clothes anymore. My co worker said she could really tell the rest is coming off and things are looking "tighter" so at least I had a happy moment. I wish there was "get over him" pill that worked instantly.

Well those are my happy thoughts for the day. Take care.
  • Hi everyone!

I`ve been challenging myself to work out everyday, and today I met a little goal of 5 days straight! I just stumbled on this thread and was hoping to join in on the challenge. Now that I`ve hit the 5 day goal, I gotta keep myself going somehow. This is a great thread, what a wonderful way to help reach goals.

Lots of luck to you all!!