~curvy Vixen #5~

You're on Page 5 of 17
Go to
  • Curly I know what you mean about that same 1/2 lb. When I was on WW i recycled the same 3 lbs for months. It was so frustrating for me. I ended up switching plans and now i'm on South Beach which seems to be working better for now. If i can just keep up the momentum life will be good. Actually this diet really isnt that hard for me to follow. Except the small "cheats" i allow myself every so often. It doesnt feel like I'm missing anything at all. If i want ice cream then I either eat sugar free popsicles or if I'm really jonesing I'll eat carb light sugar free ice cream. It's 70calories per half cup and no sugar added so I'm not doing so much damage.. that and it tastes good!
    Ok well I need some coffee... talk to you gals later on
  • Hey chickas...

Lynn- Get a kitty!! You'll wear Jim down. Seriously...if he can have a mercedes...you can have a kitty. I still have to come up with a name for our kitty. In that picture of him, he looks like hes wearing a speedo. Haha. My cat in the states is black and has a white bikini on his belly. Oh and you can get to the next OA meeting. Dont worry about missing the last one.

Curly- Im sorry you're going back and forth. Just be patient. Is there anything that you can change with your routine? Ive heard that upping your calories for a week can work. Dont take my word on it. Maybe you could try doing a search on this site and find a thread with some info.

Kim- My mom told me that if I get sick of WW, I should try SB. I'd like to read the book to see what its all about. How are you doing on it?

Ok, Im watching Somethings Gotta Give with Diane Keaton in it. Its so funny!!

Ill post later

Love,
    Deanne
  • I'm doing just fine. Honestly I dont miss the sugar at all. I accidently grabbed my husbands coffee one morning and he uses sugar in his.. i almost gaged.. WAY TO SWEET. I do miss cake or ice cream occasionally, but i can always wiggle my way around that with something sugar free. I still make regular potatoes and rice and such for my family, but i just dont want it. You should read up on it, it does make a lot of sense. I did ok on WW until I added some of their brand of foods into my diet.. then i actually gained weight on it.
  • Kim...do you use any sort of artificial sweetener?

I use splenda. Now, when I use real sugar, it makes me sick. I dont like the taste to it at all. Actually before dieting, I didn't really like sweets. I like some sorts of jelly candy but no chocolate. I don't like chocolate at all really. Sometimes(usually during TOM), I get a craving and just drink a glass of chocolate milk.
  • I dont use any sweetener in my coffee. I do drink the crystal light during the day though and occasionally I'll have a diet coke. I use sugar free stuff instead of the sugar loaded version so yeah i guess i do use artificial sweeteners lol.. I just dont actually put it in myself.
  • Curly...I found an article on Breaking Plateaus...I added it to my website. Go to http://munozchick.tripod.com/ and click on articles.

Love,
    Deanne
  • Thanks for posting the article Deanne. I get into an exercise rut a lot of times and just keep doing the same thing every day.. hence I use fewer calories than I did at the start... sigh.. i guess it really isnt a good thing to be a creature of habit lol
  • IVE BEEN WALKING MORE the past week so maybe its muscle...
  • Hey girls...

Kim- No problem. I sent you that thing but everything takes longer to get back over there than it does to get over here. Have you heard from the other Kim?

Curly- Thats great that you've been walking more! ****, I'll take a gain if its muscle

Ok, I did good one my food yesterday but then we went out and I had beer. It was the last night out for my husband for about 2 months. Anyway, no beer today...full force diet. I think it'll make my mood alot better to be back on the diet.

Ill post later...

Love,
    Deanne
  • howdy gals,
    it is raining and cloudy again today in upstate NY. I"m sooooo sick of this weather. I can't begin to tell you. My mood is definitly sour today. I have a load of cleaning to do, then I have to pick heather up from school and get her prom dress altered. She needs about three inches off the length.
    I'm going to walk on my treadmill today... I promised myself I would do that!! I also promise to drink all of my water...
    here is my food for the day...

breakfast- 0.. I am not hungry at all
    lunch- tuna sand with low fat mayo on light rye bread, banana
    snacks- low fat yogart, pack of 100 calorie fruit snacks
    dinner-small peice of meatloaf, peas and a small baked potato. pat of light butter

post latah...
  • I borrowed this from another board and it really hits home..

Successful weight control isn't simply the result of any practical diet plan or exercise program--it's tied to the fact that regardless of the method they choose, people who doggedly persist in pursuing their goal to slim down are more likely to achieve it. The key is to survive the phases one goes through when losing weight.
  • Hey chicks!

Lynn- Sorry for the bad weather over there. Are you making meatloaf from a WW recipe? I like what you put in your second post. I put it on my site.

Heres my food for the day...

B: 2 rice cakes- 2pts
    L: Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada Suiza- 5pts
    D: Ill post once I decide

Food points balance: 15

Love,
    Deanne
  • morning girls.. how is life with everyone today? I woke up sore as could be today. I spent yesterday afternoon mowing the back yard and I guess I'm not used to bullying that mower around lol. I went on my walk yesterday as well so I'm guessing I got in enough exercise. I've added a block to my walk so I'm not exactly sure how long it is.. i'll have to drive it to see. I have a seriously busy night tonight. We have practice for Bailey at 6, a meeting at school for a field trip next year at 5:30, practice for Sidney (different field that Baileys of course) at 6 and Kenzie has a game at 6.. Days like this make me think we need clones to keep up with all that has to be done lol. I still need to do laundry and some grocery shopping cuz of course I have snack duty for the game tonight lol. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!! Ok no need to panic.. i'll get thru it.. thank god the husband doesnt have to work over tonight!
  • well since everyone is posting their food i'll throw mine in
    B: coffee, whole wheat toast, and an apple
    L: i'm sure will be tomato soup, crystal light
    D: Dunno yet
  • Hey Kim! You sound like SUPER MOM...goodness...I hope that I will be as good a mom as you one day. Posting the food makes me accountable, which is what I need at this point.

I just had a small bag of lite chips for 3 points. So, I have 12 left for dinner. I usually eat a piece of fruit for dinner at 1-2pts.

Where is everyone??

Love,
    Deanne