We are udderly ridiculous in the merry merry month of Cows

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • How's that? Two good ideas are better than one anyday.
  • i was wokkin in the pawk one daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the mewwy mewwy month of maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay---- i was taken by ser-prise by a pair of golden thighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssssssssssssssss----or somethin'----didn't bugs bunny {that wascalwee wabbit} sing that???
  • i hate to bring up such a terrible thing but I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT EVIL PIG IN ILLINOIS WHO MURDERED HIS OWN DAUGHTER AND HER LITTLE FRIEND--------THAT IS ALL OVER OUR NEWS------HAVE YOU HEARD THIS HORRIBLE STORY------ i don't know how to process this one---it's unbelievable-------sorry to bring up such a miserable event but i just cannot believe such a thing.pure evil.
  • That's why I hate to watch the news any more. Are ppl sicker or do we just hear about it more?

Somebody needs to come here and cheer us up. I need someone to come and tell me that I really can lose this weight and keep it off for more than 6 months. I'm back to my starting weight on my tracker thingie. Now that the "procedure" is behind me I can start working on it big time. Also I can now get off birth control pills so the weight should just melt away, right????

Maybe if I got a pedicure I'd feel like a new woman....
  • wabbbbbaaaaaaitttttttttt--------i mean wabby!!! glad you are back and at em so to speak----I NEED YOU TO READ"FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT " WITH ME---kiwonk is reading it and hasn't passsed in her book report yet---------so far i kind of like it;;;;;;;;
  • I think we definitely hear more about gruesome things than in the past. I am not sure whether they actually HAPPEN more often. (Remember Lizzie Borden! -- I think things had to be REALLY big to catch history's attention in the past. On the other hand, there's more opportunity for interpersonal stress now just because people are closer to eachother... i.e., more friction.

I had a mammogram today. The procedure wasn't scary, but the results were.
    Will be back tomorrow for needle biopsy. Radiologist opined that lumpectomy and radiation were likely. She (!) also said I don't have to rearrange my vacation -- and that she predicted my lump (she NEVER said the "C" word... don't think she ever said tumor, for that matter) was totally "curable."

DH is a peach. Let me sniffle, took me to dinner, will take me tomorrow AND financed a new batch of books from Borders.

Will keep you posted. Your happy thoughts are welcome.
  • I haven't gotten any further in the French Ho book. Oops I mean the French Women book. I tried to buy leeks today to make leek soup and there wasn't a single leek in my grocery store. I am stymied before I start.

So I'm eating Fritos instead. Actually they are making me sick, so I'm not eating any more. I do need to go get a clean water glass. This one tastes like fish. I made broiled salmon, garlic potatoes, and raw veggies for dinner tonight. And my waterglass still smells like salmon. Blah.

Spent an hour or 2 this evening over at the high school gym helping decorate for the prom! It's quite the big production; there were a couple dozen people there, about half kids/half parents. They are going to continue tomorrow during school. Let's see; I believe that will bring the grand total for this week to 1-1/2 actual school days for DD. Monday she missed part of the day to go perform for AARP, Tuesday she spent 4 hours in AP Chem exam and was dismissed from school afterwards, Wednesday they had a day-long drunk driving prevention program complete with faked accident scene and funeral, today she went to school all day but she watched Ghostbusters during Chemistry (her teacher said it was an after AP exam tradition), and tomorrow she will probably spend the whole day decorating the gym. Our tax dollars at work. It sounds like she's a senior already, doesn't it?

DD has a cold and I think I have it too. I thought it was allergies, but I'm so exhausted even though I'm getting scads of sleep.

Wabby, congrats on pulling through the "procedure" so well. Get outside and do some walking every day--gardening is good, but not all that aerobic!

I managed to get a walk in while in Charleston, but I haven't done anything since. Bad me. The other day while I was in Othertown with DD, I stopped by this person's house who has dogs of my favorite persuasion -- and she had a new puppy!! It was so adorable and fluffy. That puts her dog pack at 3. And I don't have any. Kiwi wants doggy! Below is a pic of one of her dogs when he was a pup.

Kiwi

• Painty!! Oh dear, I hope it all works out okay. How scary! I have a mammo in a week (finally; I hate to tell you how long I put that off). Good luck with the thing tomorrow. I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

Kiwi
  • Pffftt!
    Painty!!! Lots of hugs for you. I'm sure everything will be just fine. Didn't you say you've had some iffy results in the past? My doctor hasn't ordered me to have a mammo yet but I suppose I'll have to some time. My mum has had issues with lumps and such but not the big C.

Wabby! They lie - if you go off BC the weight DOESN'T drop off! You get even crankier and even fatter. Just ask me how I know. Or did they remove some delicate bits from your gorgeous person that will prevent you from ever getting PMS again? Cheer up, it's spring and you can get back to walking! I hear Leslie calling.

I'll just mention that I'm 4 POUNDS OVER my starting ticker weight this week and that is truly awful since I'm the SAME weight I was at when I was 41 weeks pregnant with ds9. I'm so ashamed. Did enough whining last night so this morning I got up and did Leslie like you wouldn't believe. Now I'm drinking half a litre of water. It's 9:20 a.m. and I'm finished my exericise for the day!! Go me! Why can't I do that every day???

Kiwi - I will send you some leeks! It's green onions you can't always get here - leeks are all over the place. Our neighbour foisted 3 kg of white asparagus on me yesterday and along with the usual boiling it up and eating it with butter, I want to try making a low fat cream of asparagus soup today. It's white asparagus season here now so people go nuts over it. I prefer the green but who am I to argue with the Germans?

There are SO MANY pigs here who kill children or do god knows what else to them. One father killed his two children and himself the other day and there's a serial child killer on trial now for the sexual abuse and brutal murder of at least two little children, possibly 6 more which he hasn't admitted to yet. The guy is married with two kids of his own and a mom who swears that her darling son would never do anything like that. He's going to get life in prison for sure but even that's too good for him. That kind of thing just disgusts me. You can hardly watch the news any more.

Hi Peachy and Bagzie, you skinny things, you.
  • Painty, I will pray for you. I do that a lot these days (pray). Keep us close.

The current New Yorker magazine has a full-page cartoon with the caption "France's Secret Shame .. the round up of fat women." It shows a police wagon with fat women being herded toward it. Unfortunately, DS is now studying the holocaust in school and it brings that to mind for me.here it is

Speaking of praying once more, DS and I have been attending (on and off) a church that I've heard bad things about. That's 3 different stories about how anti-other-people-in-the-community they are. In my experience there, I can't see any of this so I made an appointment with the minister and asked him. He explained everything so openly and seemed very sane. Remember that preacher who wouldn't let me join his church? This one said, "We'd like you to become a member of our church." How nice. I told him the other story about how the preacher wanted to know the moment I knew I was saved. This one said, "I love my mother and father but I don't remember the minute I started loving them." Since then, all this God stuff has been floating up in my mind. Old questions, conceptions, doubts, confusions, etc. I need to go talk to a preacher again and the thing is, I could easily go to a different one .. ones I know or don't know .. but I don't know if I could go back to this one because he was just so nice. I would be confused on whether I wanted to talk to him about religious issues or because I just liked talking to him. That doesn't make any sense does it?

French women don't get fat because they walk everywhere. What does the book say?

I read a while back that 9 out of 10 children who are murdered are murdered by their moms or their moms' boyfriends with the moms doing nothing to protect the child. The other 1 out of 10 is murdered by someone who is not the dad. I figured that dads don't have the stress of caring for kids that moms have but I don't know. It is certainly shocking what these people are doing. I remember that guy recently, Sugar, who was pimping his little grandchildren. I think he was French. He was quoted as saying, "My children, I don't love them." Well, obviously.

What books did DH buy you, Painty?
  • Quote: It's white asparagus season here now so people go nuts over it. I prefer the green but who am I to argue with the Germans?
    Ja. You vill eat the white asparagus and you vill like it, ja?

Your latest preacher discovery sounds quite reasonable and intelligent, Peachy. Can't hurt to talk to him about your thoughts and concerns, eh?

Speaking of churches, the church where DH and I got married put up one these signs where they put dopey slogans and sayings and change them regularly. I enjoyed making fun of them on my diaryland site. That was a couple of years ago. Then they got a new minister--a woman, who is married to this big guy with a head full of dreads (she's white, he's black)--and ever since the church sign hasn't been funny at all. Now it says either very boring things or genuinely disturbing things, vague references to kingdoms and whatnot. I disapprove. I preferred the screamingly funny ones that were occasionally accidental double entendres. Nothing like coming around the corner and seeing a whacky inspirational saying to make a person drive erratically.

I wish I knew why my cursor is now vibrating like a demented gnat.

Kiwi
  • Hi! It's the end of the semester, so I can check in for the next three weeks! I even got an ad-free subscription to convince me to check in when I can.

Painty, I hope your doctor is very brisk and efficient and scares your lump into submission.

Sugar P-- yep... ya don't argue with the Germans!

Hi Lush, Kiwi, Peaches, Bagz, Wabby... after I post this, I will catch up on old threads. Grad school takes a lot more time than I expected!!! I'm so far behind!

I've joined weight watchers online. Because the program works if I just get my rebellious hiney to stick to it. Unfortunately, this month I broke 200 and hit my highest weight ever. Remember when I used to be thin?
  • Hi Cherry!!!! Excellent that you'll have time to hang around here a bit. We miss you. You're our Motivator in Chief. I've gained so much weight lately that it's not even funny and I NEED to do something about it.

Peachy - yeah, that makes total sense. What if you went to several different preachers to see how they addressed your questions, doubts etc. and then looked at what kind of a feeling you got?

Quote: Ja. You vill eat the white asparagus and you vill like it, ja?
    Ja wohl, Fräulein Kiwi! Spent an hour this afternoon peeling the darned things.

Must get to bed at a decent hour. Makes me less cranky.
  • I was just talking to a friend whose DD married a preacher. She cries all the time and he apolgozies all the time for putting her in the position of living in a glass house. Now, I feel guilty talking to any of them. durn hard job.
  • Cherry Cow, tell me how much you think stringers make at newspapers.