Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Think outside of the box, breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast foods.

I can't deal with a carb-heavy meal (even of good carbs) in the morning. It messes with my blood sugar and makes me nauseous. I also don't care for most breakfast foods (except eggs), so I have dinner for breakfast quite often. I also have breakfast (eggs or french toast) for dinner sometimes too.
  • Cool thanks guys the beans salsa and cheese sounds good so does the cottage cheese with veggies yum! Not very breakfast-y but sounds good and good for you!
  • I liked the roll-ups...I would take a slice of turkey deli meat, put a touch of cream cheese, then a slice of cucumber and/or red pepper, and a sprinkle of seasonings...then roll up....saved me on phase I since I was sick of eggs!
  • Twyn that sounds Yummy
    I like Turkey and Cheese wrapped around a pickle
  • I use the belgian waffle recipe found in the phase one breakfast recipes.

I make up several over the weekend....then I make wraps with them! I add a little ricotta mixed with sf pancake syrup spread on the edge to seal them. I add a strip of turkey bacon, ham, chicken, mushrooms or whatever you like to the inside and roll it up. With the size my waffle iron makes one roll up fits nicely in a snack zip lock. I pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and have a great breakfast on the way to work.

Tastes almost like a McGriddle with the pancake syrup, ricotta mix!
  • This recipe (Greet The Sun Breakfast Pizzas) does include eggs, but there's no reason you couldn't modify it to anything...keeping the "pizza for breakfast" idea in mind.
  • this morning I had some of those ricotta/egg cheesecakes (which tasted way too eggy for me, so i zapped them in the microwave, threw in 1/2 cup ricotta and some splenda liquid, and tons of cinnamon. Tastes like rice pudding-- just couldnt bring myself to eat eggs again!
    I'm on phase 1 day 4-- already tired of eggs!
  • Great idea, Meremaiden! This thread has tons of non-eggy ideas, and there are tons more out there. I hate eggs and never eat them, but I have a lot of variety in my breakfasts. Feel free to share any other ideas you come up with!
  • Quote: This recipe (Greet The Sun Breakfast Pizzas) does include eggs, but there's no reason you couldn't modify it to anything...keeping the "pizza for breakfast" idea in mind.
    I know this was an old post, but great idea. I think I will try it. Looks very tasty.
  • I found a recipe for cottage cheese pancakes that I love. My kids even ask for seconds. I substitue almost everything in it, the vanilla extract with cinammon extract and sugar with splenda, ricotta for the cottage cheese, and flour with less whole wheat flour, but they are good. Sprinkle with cinammon and try or if you are in phase 2, which I am not yet try with some fruit. Here is a basic recipe but there are a lot of variations on-line:
    2 cups low fat cottage cheese
    4 eggs - separated
    1/4 cup sugar(Splenda)
    6 Tbsp flour (whole wheat)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

beat the whites to peaks, add everything else together, fold in egg whites and scoop on to hot gridle. I found they do better at a lower heat for longer than regular pancakes, but they are Yummy!
  • Looks like a good recipe. They may be perfect for the weekend

Remember even whole wheat flour is Phase 2 not Phase 1.
  • HI after a week on SB have decided it works for me as havn't felt hungry at all. this recipe i sort of made up as i do like eggs but not in the morning. Pancakes using almond meal instead of flour, i used 200 g of almond meal half tsp baking powder 1 egg and enough skim milk to make a batter 1 sachet of splenda and a little vanilla.I dont know if baking powder has carbs or not but they were delicous
  • I have a question...why do you guys use f/f & l/f stuff? Aren't they higher in sugar and carbs (in most cases), correct?
  • Quote: I have a question...why do you guys use f/f & l/f stuff? Aren't they higher in sugar and carbs (in most cases), correct?
    We don't look at carbs we look at ingredients. Lots of foods have naturally occurring carbs that are allowed, dairy products are an example of that. That said you are right, some ff dairy has added starches. FF sour cream is usually a no but ff yogurt & cottage cheese are usually (in my experience anyway, products definitely vary by region) just fine. Reading labels is probably the most important SBD skill.
  • South Beach Pancakes All Phases
    For 2 servings of delicious flaxseed pancakes:

1/2 cup all-white liquid egg substitute OR 2 whole eggs beaten
    3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
    cinnamon
    nutmeg

I personally love spices so i like to add a tsp of each spice to my mixture..
    Simply mix all the ingredients together and heat a frying pan at medium heat with non stick cooking spray and then pour batter in to desired size and wait for pancake to puff up slightly. It will look like a thinner version of a puffed pancake..and flip in 2 minutes and do the other side..

I eat mine rolled up with a tsp of light cream cheese in the middle.

This serves 2 large thin pancakes..and is really quite filling and quick to do..