Happy Birthday Lessofsarahtolove!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Happy Birthday Sarah. I am so glad that I know you. I am so proud of you for all the things you've accomplished and overcome in life. I truly admire you. You are such an inspiration, a truly remarkable human being and friend. Here's to many more days ahead of you.
  • Quote: Well this is certainly one to celebrate, isn't it? Sarah, you are such an incredible inspiration, and I am sure that you're outlook on life has much more than a little to do with how well you've done
    I wish you the happiest of birthdays, and the greatest vacation...you deserve it! Also...I too, am very JEALOUS of the trip xoxox
    Linda

I hope you don't mind if I quote you, Linda. You said exactly what was in my mind. Happy Birthday, Sarah -- I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back!!
  • Happy birthday Sarah!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! Please take it easy, I know the first few days are gonna be tough, but so are you, so live it up! I can't wait to see some pictures, have fun!

Beverly
  • Happy birthday, Sarah!! Hope you have an incredible time on your vacation!
  • Happy Birthday, Sarahlove! Here's to many more... and a nice, relaxing, romantic trip to the Caribbean with Lorraine. Can't wait to read about in your blog!
  • Marge, Of course I don't mind if you quote me

xox
    Linda
  • Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dearrrrrrrrrrr Saaaaaraaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

Mwuah!
    Hope its a great one.. Make the best of your trip - Live it up!
    Celina
  • Oh, Sarah...happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy birthday!!
  • Wow!
    Wow, you guys! I had no idea this was here! I was chatting with Dana here in the wee hours last night, and she told me then that I had a birthday thread...WOW! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you buncha sweethearts! See, as you know I had chemo on that day, and then the next day I had all those pre-trip doctor's visits, and then at 2:30 the following morning I was up and going to get to Sint Maarten. I never even saw this, so thanks, Danagirl! I'm still your old man in the corner, man...

Thank you Jill, SAPF, Gayle, Shelby, Apryl, Dawnyal, Beth, Jen, Peachgirl, Mabear, Heather, Howie, Sara (nice name!), Sandi, Linda, Gretchen, Marge, Beverly, Sheila, Dana, Celina, and Amy Jo. I really, really appreciate it, friends.

Jill, you asked me if it was a year I'd like to relive. That's a tough one. Between May 4, 2004 and May 4, 2005, so much transpired and I was presented with some seemingly insurmountable hurtles, and I worked so, so hard to overcome them. Some of them you know about, and a couple you don't. I guess in all honesty, Jill, I'd have to say, no. No, actually, I wouldn't want to relive it. I wouldn't give it up for anything, and am very grateful for and proud of this year....but to go through it again, no. Nor do I want to put it very far behind me! I the (hopefully!) years to come, I want to keep very present in both my mind and my gut the truths that I learned -- about myself, my loved ones, life as I see it, and how to be truly alive in this world. I don't want the experiences and lessons to fade far in recollection. People who survive cancer often want to put the experience behind them and move on with their lives, just like people who lose gobs of weight and think then their lives will then just take care of themselves. Like them, I do want to move on with my life, but always with fresh in my mind both my cancer experience and my experiences exercising discipline and self-love in the name of good health and weight loss.

This year was all about overcoming obstacles -- whether I placed them in my own path or they were placed there by forces out of my control. I never want to be complacent or passionless in my life again. I want to hold onto the zeal of this special year, using it to touch others positively in even the most casual ways and be proactive in the leadership of my own life.

We are amazing creatures, each of us, and all of us have a gift. I'm not going to squander mine ever again. As cliched as it sounds, it really is true that when we believe in ourselves, anything is possible......as long as you don't just roll over and leave it to the cosmos. Very little happens in this world happens on its own.

Jill, you're an incredibly kind and sensitive person to have started this thread, and with the words with which you did it. And all of you said such sweet things to me....I'm just a girl, though, as they say. Just like everybody here (so to speak! ) The only reason anyone ever accomplishes anything is they just tried. And then they woke up and tried again.

So that's the plan for the years before me. Accomplish a goal? Make a bigger goal! I love you guys.
  • Glad you finally got to see our birthday greetings!

No, I didn't quite expect you'd want to re-live the entire past year (especially anything related to the cancer), but I have no doubt you'll be reliving those parts that dealt with successful weight loss again as soon as you're fit and able. Prepare yourselves folks, we're going to have some major competiton here again soon