Hi everyone

• Hi there everyone. I have tried just about everything else to try and beat this, and have just found this site.
    I am 51 years old, and have been bulimic for about half my life.
    I am about 20lbs overweight, 5'8" and 170lbs - everyone says that I look really good. I play a lot of tennis and walk, am quite active, but I STILL am ruled by how much I eat and how much I weigh.
    Seems to me that by now I should have worked it out, right?! At the moment I am trying hard to eat a healthy breakfast and eat my main meal at lunch, and a small meal in the evening.
    I had had a good week, then Sunday was my birthday, and that threw me off course.
    I have been taking prozac for the last 3 months, and that definitely helps, but sometimes I feel that I am going crazy.
    Is there anyone out there who can relate?
  • Hello and yes I can relate. I was actively bullimic from the time I was 13 until I was about 26.I am now 39.
    After I quit getting rid of the food however I kept eating and at 5'4 I now weigh 258 pounds. I'm miserable. I decided to log on here in hopes of maybe helping myself.
    I thought that once I turned the corner on binging and purging that my food problem would be a matter of being careful about what and how much I ate. I've learned since that it was what was and is eating me that keeps me eating.I struggle daily with the temptation to purge.I also thought that would deminish with time but it hasn't. I can honestly say that I have never succumbed to the urge to purge, and for that I am greateful and remain hopeful that I will overcome my food addiction.
    I'm sorry if I have answered your post accurately as this is the first time I've ever done this. Keep the faith.
    suni140