A newbie sayin howdy

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi! I discovered this site yesterday (though I'm really not quite sure how, lol), and I just had to join in. I'm 20, live in central Alabama, 5'5, and am at my highest weight, 295. I told myself I'd never hit 300, and I weighed myself on a whim the other day, and...yeah. I've honestly never worried about dieting, but my knees have been hurting me lately, and I figured it was time to take the pressure off. I've been overweight since I was about 5 years old. All the women in my family are on the 200+ side of the scale.

My boyfriend told me that being a bbw was the first thing that attracted him to me (he loves big girls), but I'm ready to get rid of this weight! It's not really centered anywhere, it's just everywhere, lol. I'm following my own plan, with some advice from my mom who lost over 100 pounds before she got pregnant with me (then she gained it all back, sorry mommy!). I've been a junk-food junkie all my life. Always more candy than veggies and fruit. I love apples, so I've been buying more of those, and I've worked in fast food for 4 years, so all those chicken nuggets on the run are going to stop. My sister and I made a pact to start walking every day. These are some big changes to me, considering I used to go to work, come home and get online, sleep, repeat.

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to be as long as it turned out but I tend to ramble sometimes, hehe. I look forward to meeting everyone!!!
  • Hi catzmeow007! It's nice to meet you. My sister and I are both new too, I'm sure she'll post later (she's such a copycat!) We made the same walking pact you did. Good luck with your goals, hope to see you around the forums.
  • hey catz. I am replying to your post because you sound EXACTLY like me 4 months ago. I am 21 and my highest weight (that i know of ) was 298, and like you said it was just everywhere no one spot in particular. I am also looking to get down to around 140-150. Maybe we can be buddies since we are in the same boat! I have been doing weight watchers and have lost 35 pounds since january. hope all goes well for you! good luck
  • I know the how you feel!
    I'm new as of today and let me tell you I know how you feel. I have always told myself that I would never get over 200 pounds and well here I am at 220 and it feels like more because I am only 5'1". Well let's all join together and be friends. I sure could use wonderful support. I know we can all reach our goals together. Just keep smilin.

• what part of Fl are you from guiltless?
  • Wow, sassy, that's great! I've come to discover that starting this diet is the hardest part, lol. I work night shift, and a lot of times we don't get breaks, so by the time I get home at midnight, I'm absolutely starving! I'm glad payday is soon so I can get some salad stuff! We can definately be buddies! I need all the help I can get, lol.
  • That's a good idea, guiltless. We can always use new friends!
  • Thanks, LaughingDog!
  • I am 5'1'' and I am currently carrying 180 pounds. It's difficult being short because you have to keep your weight down even lower than everyone else because of your height!
  • Welcome
    HI and Welcome - I too am new - I stepped on the scales, 3 weeks ago, per Drs. instructions, and was 315lbs! I about died. I am now down, as of this morning, 299.5, that is 15.5 lbs. The Dr. has me on a diet due to my diabetes and I love it. It is so easy to follow. No counting points or calories, which is wonderful to me.

OH, sorry, my name is Kim and live in GA with my husband and 4 of 5 kids. Our one son lives in TX. I have several more pounds to loose but can see a small light at the end of the tunnel. I'm setting small goals for myself, like 10% each time. Not quite there yet, but getting there quickly.
  • You know, being overweight is such a hard boat to be in, but it sure is a relief to find so many other people in the same boat with you. Until I joined the forums I really felt like I was in the boat all alone.

You're right, catzmeow007, getting started is so tough. And payday is salad day at our house too. The rest of the time it's frozen veggies.
  • Wow kclay61! 15.5 pounds in 3 weeks is wonderful, keep up the good work.

What diet are you on? Is it a low carb diet?
  • Hi there catzmeow I'm Sara, and I'm one of those that 'fell off the wagon', if you will.

Welcome to 3FC, and I wish you the best of luck! We can all do this together!
  • Laughing Dog (sorry don't know real name) Dr. has me on a special diet - not sure - she has it written out what to eat, etc. I can eat as much of said item as I want, but I have to stop eating BEFORE I get full - I do said diet for 11 days then for three days I eat what I want. I really like it. She does all the calorie counting for me so I don't have to :-)
  • Hi Newbie.. i'm another newbie.. I just now joined... I've been dieting with weight watchers and going to tops meetings, because weight watchers is just to darn expensive, I joined Tops January 4th and to date have lost 44 3/4 lbs. I just went to get out my weight watchers scales.. and darn, they were reading all kind of strange things, must need calibrated.. and I don't know how... lol anyone out there have any idea... oh well, so at any rate, I started at 350 lbs and am down to 3051/4 so I have a long long long way to go... I would appreciate all and any encouragement and help... its great to be here... good luck ladies.. and thanks for making such a nice place to come to
    Mary