Plus Size Maternity Resources

• We gathered a list of plus size maternity shops. Some of them help sponsor 3FC. We are not personally familiar with any of them, we've not been pregnant in a long time, lol.

Feel free to reply with any other online maternity shops and we'll edit this list to add to it. Thanks!

iMaternity
    Pickles and Ice Cream
    Baby Becoming
    Fashion Bug Maternity
    Gap Maternity
    Big Girls Bras Maternity and nursing bras
    Mom's Maternity
    JC Penny Plus Maternity
    Maternity 4 Less
    Jake and Me
    Birth and Baby
    QVC
    Breasfeeding World
    MotherWear

New!
    http://www.crybabymaternity.com/
  • I just ordered a couple nursing bras from Breastfeeding World. I'll let you know how their customer service is when I get them.

Warning: I ordered a nursing bra from Birth & Baby. I got it, it fit fine, but sent it back for a larger size, because I was empty at the time I tried it on. I also asked them to send me another model also. When I hadn't heard from them after a couple weeks, I called and was told they were back ordered for about 3 weeks. Just called back, it's been almost 3 wks. and the woman said she was going through some personal stuff that affected her business and now she doesn't have credit with anyone, so she couldn't afford to buy them. I told her I"m sorry she's having problems, but I need to cancel my order. She did refund me for the bra I returned right away, but I wouldn't order from her anytime soon.
  • This might not be so "fashionable" but when I was pregnant I went and bought t-shirts in K-mart in the large mens section. They had up to 5X and it was really cheap. I use the shirts now as night shirts You could always decorate the T's yourself w/some fabric paints or iron ons.
  • I've just added a new one to the list http://www.crybabymaternity.com/ They have some really cute shirts and offer sizes up to 3X
  • When I was pregnant with my first I could find any shops that carried any maternity in plus size so I had to do with 2 shirts my MIL found at a Frenchy's shop (used clothing) and really big pants that I also grew out of any way. Now with my second on the way I happened to come across The shop Motherhood in Moncton NB while on vacation and they actually had some plus size clothes. Yet the store in Halifax NS didn't when I was there. I found some great deals as it was out of season sale which was great for me cause it was the season of clothes I needed.
  • Suzanne,
    I just ordered a t-shirt from CryBaby Maternity, and their shirts and customer service are WONDERFUL. I wore lots of "potato sack" maternity outfits, and sweatpants/big t-shirts with my first child, had a little bit better options the second time around...but now 5 years later from the time I was pregnant the last time-the choices are MUCH better.

I actually am looking around and finding stylish maternity and nursing clothes that look like stuff I would normally wear.

(Although, luckily with hard work and my few years here at 3FC, I ordered the tee from CryBaby in a regular size L, not plus sized. )

P.S.-Since this is my third child, I purchased the "Fertile Goddess" tee from CryBaby.
  • You might also want to add http://www.motherhood.com to the list! Motherhood Maternity/Nursing sells plus sizes now on their website, and in some of their stores.
  • lanebryant.com has a link for maternity wear (wishing they had stuff when *I* was pregnant)
  • www.lanebryantcatalog.com I think

www.jms.com (just my size- limited maternity section, but they run good sales sometimes)
  • Soooo, I heard through the rumor mill that Lane Bryant STORES (not the online affiliate above) will be adding a maternity line this month? Anybody know the deets?
  • What do we know about nursing apparel resources -- they don't necessarily have to be plus sized.

Most everything that I've found is *ugly*...I have better looking nursing bras!
  • Thank you SO much for this incredibly helpful resource list
  • This is good, thanks