When are you due? When did you have your baby?

• Yeah, I'm nosy.

My younger daughter was born 19th January 2004.

My next baby is due 19th October 2005.

I've been pregnant and/or nursing at least part of the last five years (including this year). No rest for the wicked.
  • no rest is right!!! Great Big Monster Momma (cute nick name, btw!!) - do you find nursing helps you lose weight? Do you have a goal this time of how much weight you will gain? Mine was 20 lbs - I was thrilled to only gain 11 lbs this time around.

My oldest, Sara, was November 26 1999 - I tried to nurse - but had no clue what I was doing and just gave up.
    My son, Elijah, will be 6 weeks old on Tuesday!! And I'm still nursing!!!!!!!! yahoooooo!!! It's been rough. At 3 weeks old we had his tongue clipped - he was born tongue tied - that made bfing very difficult on both of us! Things are much better now.
    My dh was "trying" to help - by taking one feeding and giving him a bottle in the middle of the night. Bad move - I was slowly weaning him. So... this past week I made a decision (inspired by Oprah!) She always says "it's a decision"- that also applys to bfing. I committed myself to ebfing for 48 hours - no more bottles, no more "topping him off" - and it worked!! We are going to get through this!!

Sorry to go on and on.. I'm just so excited to have this forum. Thanks everyone!
  • I'm due July 14th and I'm having a boy. This is baby #1 and I'm having a heck of a time settling on a name I'm leaning towards Patrick Ryan or Evan Patrick.
  • I'm due June 24th with my 11th baby. I'm 39 so had an amnio. It's our 7th girl. Our oldest is 18. I've been pg or nursing most of my adult life. I'm happy about that. We aren't doing it for religious reasons. I just like having kids. The baby keeps growing up and needing replacing.

I was thin before kids. I'm big boned and spent my teens years thinking I was fat. Oh how I'd love to be that fat now! I was always dieting or thinking about dieting. I ended up losing a lot of weight after my 4th by just listenning to my hunger. I gained it back over time. I gave up and figured I'd just be fat except I was still gaining.

Last pg I had a gallbladder attack and went on a very low fat diet. I used a tracker to watch my fat intake and didn't gain weight. After the baby was born I went off the tracker and I ended up gaining weight even while on the very low fat diet. My dh got me into walking. I really loved how I felt and figured I'd end up losing weight. I didn't. When I got pg this time we had stopped walking. I was too tired.

In January I was having a shower and ended up so exausted. It just hit me that I didn't want to be like that anymore. I got the ok from my dr to not gain. I'm back on my tracker. I'm eating a lot healthier. I'm drinking 4 litres of water a day. I got a WATP dvd. I started with the first mile and now I'm doing the 2. I can exercise, shower then stay on my feet to make lunch! I feel so much better.

I used to think of pg as a time to not care but since I have no plans to stop getting pg I have to be careful while pg too. Actually I tend to gain more while breastfeeding. Last 5 pg's I lost about 20 lbs to m/s then gained 35. Lost about 15 with the birth so would end up back at my start weight. Then I would gain 15.

I don't mind my belly getting bigger but I'm having a hard time with wanting to lose instead of maintain. I feel like I picked a silly time to suddenly decide to lose 100 lbs. I try to tell myself that maintaining is like losing 35 lbs since thats what I would have gained. I'm a bit afraid I'll use up my determination before I even lose any weight. That's a bit silly because I know this is a life thing for me not a temporary diet.

I post on the 100 lbs club. I'm glad there is this forum too because my goals are so different than most on the 100 lbs club. I feel funny about posting to the weekly weigh in but I find the point challenge fun. 3FC has been a great support.

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
    hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
    272/258/239/155
    mabear's homepage
  • My DS #2 was born January 13, 2005. I have DS#1 born January 23, 2003 also.

Here's a pic taken Saturday!

• MaBear, good luck! I am in awe.

I don't know if nursing helps me lose weight, but I think it's the only thing that has kept me from gaining a few times. Avoiding sugary stuff & exercising lots is what keeps me losing.

I'm having a hard time right now with morning sickness, because I can't eat a lot of the stuff I used to. I've been working hard to eat things that digest slowly, but right now if I do that, the food just sits in my stomach like a rock. So I'm having to eat quicker-digesting stuff.
  • Sabra.. does chocolate digest fast?
  • Well, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups also have beneficial protein.
  • Glad to hear that because thanks to my son's sweet tooth I eat a lot of Snicker's (I'm positive it is healthy because of the peanuts!) and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
  • Hi ladies! I just found out about my pregnancy last week. I think I'm due 11/23, but my first OB appt is this Wed and my EDD might change.
  • You guys are bad!! (OK, truth be told, I was sure there had to be something beneficial about glazed donuts w/#1!!)
  • Hi. My name is Meredith. I have a 4 week old daughter, Kate. I am trying to lose weight in a healthy way as I am nursing. I would like to breast feed for a year, but we'll play it by ear. Right now, I just really want to quit wearing maternity clothes! I gained about 40 pounds while pregnant, but was 30 over my ideal weight before getting pregnant. I'm having a hard time with my new body. Hopefully this board will help me get something close to my old one back!

The last diet I did was South Beach and it seemed to work well. I will probably start a modified version of that. Kate loves going on walks in the Baby Bjorn, but that is about all the exercise I have done since she was born. What does everyone else do?

Meredith
  • I'm due 9/23. My 20 yo daughter really thinks this is hilarious. Now I've got her started on the WATP videos and she's losing weight and I'm gaining 2 pounds shy of my goal.
  • Hello there. I am due September 1. I can't WAIT! Don't know what it is yet, I haven't had an ultrasound. I will in 2 weeks! Has anyone here had a 3-D ultrasound done? I have one scheduled for May 26th. I don't know a whole lot about them... If anyone has had this expereince... I'd love to hear about it!