Introduce Yourself!!

You're on Page 28 of 54
Go to
  • Screen Name:Camonil

Age/Age Range:29

Family Life:Single Mom (2 year old daughter)

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, Music

Favorite Music:Neo Soul, R&B

Favorite Color(s): BLUE

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walk Away The Pounds (I only have the 1 & 2 Mile Walk)

What are your fitness/health goals? To do something everyday for at least 20 mins.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well I have a few: 1) Turning 30 next year and wanted to be 20lbs lighter, 2) I am at my pregnancy weight and my daughter will be 3 in Feb.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Temptation! Not being able to say no...but I am working on it and also doing exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise regularly and stick to it, eating more fruits and veggies as opposed to low-cal snacks, drinking more water.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself as I am right now 12/2/2007.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size: A form fitting Little Black Dress! And something sexy to go under it
  • Screen Name: DonnaD

Age/Age Range:48 in a couple of months

Family Life: 3 grown sons, 29 getting married in August, 24 married, and 26 will probably be with me 4ever Also, my heart, my 3yr old scottie and a fat white cat and an african gray parrot.

Hobbies and Interests:crossword puzzles, TV (bad addiction),

Favorite Music:ROCK, ALTERNATIVE, METAL

Favorite Color(s):Blues

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walks

What are your fitness/health goals? get off diabetes, BP and Chol. meds(lost 45 lbs recentley and off insulin.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? so sick of all the meds and the fact that my my mother, whom I seem to be a carbon copy of died at the age of 49 from complications of diabetes, heart trouble, etc....

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? sweet cravings, lost weight on low carb, but can't stick with it. But slips lead to binges. Also struggle with consistant exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    I would like to conquer calorie and portion control and also make exercise routine in my life.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the woman I see in the mirror everyday.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts or a knee length skirt. My legs look bad.

Age/Age Range:15

Family Life:Awsome, dads a pastor

Hobbies and Interests:working with my horses, and music

Favorite Music: anything

Favorite Color(s):Purple and Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking

What are your fitness/health goals?to break the cycle of overweight ppl in my family

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my boyfriend always picking up my little sister and I want him to be able to pick me up

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?not losing some for a time period

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? idk

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my little sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?anything out of the plus size section and to be able to go to the same stores as my best friend
  • Screen Name: n/a

Age/Age Range: 43

Family Life: kids, husband, animals, and I love them all

Hobbies and Interests: reading, writing, art, music

Favorite Music: rock, R&B, jazz, I pretty much like it all

Favorite Color(s): black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, hiking, core work

What are your fitness/health goals?
    To increase my strength, lose weight, get healthy.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    Finally realized I am not living life as God intended.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
    Patience and the inner strength to just keep going!

1) increase cardio
    2) strength training
    3) learn to luv crunches

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
    Honestly, no one. I just want to be the best/healthiest "me" I can.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    Clothes that do not come from a bbw store.
  • Hi :)
    Screen Name: errantbehavior (Kelly is my name)

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: I have a wonderful boyfriend who is very supportive and is actually losing weight with me because of all the healthy food I've been making

Hobbies and Interests: Camping, swimming, music, reading, movies, cooking

Favorite Music: Alternative, Grunge, Rock, Blues, Jazz.. LOTS of stuff

Favorite Color(s): Purple & Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: HA! (favorite!???) I like doing outdoor activities like hiking and swimming, but it's FREEEZING here right now so I'm stuck in the gym if I want to burn these pounds off. I'm really needing some motivation in this department

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose a good amount of weight in a healthy way and to eat in a way that will enable me to do it for the rest of my life. I want to be a runner- You know, one of those people that runs to "clear their head". I have a long way to go.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    I went on a vacation to a beach house with a bunch of friends and there was a picture of me on the beach after I tried to get a kite going (it wasn't a windy enough day, but it didn't help that I'm so overweight). I looked HUGE and horrible. That was they day I realized how far I had let myself go compared to 3-4 years ago.

Not being positive. I just keep looking at how far I have to go, not how far I've already gone and how much healthier I'm eating & living.

Exercise more (every day or every 2 days at least) and not eating little things at night after my calories are gone. Lastly, but probably most important, I need to quit smoking.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I have a few people specifically, but just looking like I'm a normal healthy weight would make me SO happy.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    Something cute! Anything stylish. I hate having to wear ugly clothes because I can't find anything in my size.

Screen Name: athenac

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: I'm a full-time undergrad and still living at home with my parents.

Occupation: full-time student, part time student-worker for English Dept.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and writing pretty much take up my free time.

Favorite Music: Classic rock. I'm really into score music now. It's like classical but better.

Favorite Color(s): Black, red, green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: yoga, elliptical, treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I saw a picture of myself in 2004. I couldn't believe that I let myself go that far.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Being able to stay on task. I used to have willpower, but for the last few months it's been almost nonexistent.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? motivation, willpower, and motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The "popular" girls from high school. I want to walk into my ten year reunion and not to be known as the cute, chubby girl.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A dress
  • Screen Name:
    Steph89

Age/Age Range:
    i'll be 19 on Jan 10

Family Life:
    moved out of parent's house in June and live with my sister now, parents/younger brother live 1 hour away

full time student at Valdosta State University

Hobbies and Interests:
    cooking, art, photography, sleeping, tennis

Favorite Music:
    piano rock, acoustic, alternative, and some country

Favorite Color(s):
    hot pink and green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
    walking, elliptical/treadmills

i would like to make better choices overall, also try portion control when it comes to eating "bad foods", exercise regularly and not overdo it

i was babysitting a 6 year old a few months ago and when i was leaving he looked at his mom and said "mommy, why is Stephanie so BIG!? You're skinny, but she's not..she's BIG!" His mom was embarrassed and tried to change the subject; I smiled as if it were no big deal but it really hurt.

i'm always hungry! also, i would love to be 130 lbs..but knowing that it's going to be at least a YEAR before I get to that point almost discourages me

1) drink more water
    2) eat breakfast and don't overeat at lunch (story of my life!)
    3) EXERCISE DAILY!

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?:
    my older sister; she's always been naturally thin and has often criticized me for my weight problem. actually she's been eating out a lot and exercising less lately so now that her size 6s don't fit, she's freaking out and saying she's fat. i wouldn't mind being smaller than her =)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? i just want to wear shorts and women's tshirts! everyday i wear the SAME oversize black hoodie (XXL from American eagle), size 18/20 jeans, and flip flops. i want to be able to wake up and ask myself "what do i WANT to wear today??" instead of throwing on the outfit that hides who i really am.
  • =]
    Screen Name: AnneMcGinty000 (My name is NOT Anne. =])

Age/Age Range:14

Family Life:Only Child, Live with both parents.

Hobbies and Interests:Tennis, Shopping, Writing

Favorite Music:Anything.

Favorite Color(s):All colors.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Running and Situps.

What are your fitness/health goals? Look great for summer.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I can't wear some of the clothes at my favorite store anymore because they're getting too tight. =/

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?My friends are all skinny, so they eat what they want, and when I hand out with them It's hard to not snack with them. I don't have a lot of time either. I'm always out late so I can't go outside because it gets dark too soon.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to stop being lazy! And stop letting my mom buy junk food.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hilary Swank

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?Short shorts, Skinny jeans, mini skirts, bikinis
  • Screen Name: Botzz

Age/Age Range: early 30's

Family Life: Married with 2 kiddos

Hobbies and Interests: honestly have too many to list but they are all on hold until I accomplish this weight situation

Favorite Music: I listen to all music for the most part, right now I have a Buddy Guy CD in the player. and Rollins Band on the MP3 player so it varies

Favorite Color(s): can't say that I have a favorite color

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I lifted weights through my late teens into my early 20's so I would have to say that, its sorta hard to lift now a days as I had a back injury about 7 years ago and lifting aggravates it.

What are your fitness/health goals? to become twice the man I can be by becoming half the man I am.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was considering a weight loss surgery and quite frankly it scares me so I decided to try this first.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? my back injury makes it hard to workout like I use to

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? not sure yet

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : what you talkin about Willis!.....I am hot now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to wear my leather jacket from Highschool and have it fit.
  • Screen Name: Moonrosee

Age/Age Range: 37 soon to be 38

Family Life: married for 10 yrs. 2 sons ages 17 & 15

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, playing on my computer and hoping to get into scrapbooking. I'm going to scrapbook my weight loss and I have a new niece that I want to scrapbook the first year of her life.

Favorite Music: country and classic rock

Favorite Color(s): pink & purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: treadmill and circuit training

What are your fitness/health goals? Exercise 60 min a day 6x's a week...Lose 80 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Stepping on the scale and seeing that it was over 200 lbs.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating healthy and stopping the emotional eating......making myself exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Everything.....lol

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister-in-law who just had her 3rd baby at the end of Nov and is already back into her prepregnancy jeans.
    What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A skimpy outfit for hubby....lol
  • Screen Name: jklo

Age/Age Range: Just turned 39!

Family Life: Married, 2 teenage sons

Occupation: Student. After years of working full time, I've gone back to school! Never too late to follow your dreams.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, gardening, travelling.

Favorite Music: I'm all over the board on this one. Right now, I've got Bach in the car CD player, but I just bought the White Stripes CD and can't wait to listen to it!

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking in the wilderness, but when that's not available, I've started Leslie Sansone's exercise videos.

What are your fitness/health goals? I've got a lot of weight to lose- I'm just focusing on making sure each day is a success right now- the big picture is too much to contemplate.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My 39th birthday played a big part- I've been so fortunate to escape any major negative health consequences of my weight, but I know that can't last forever. Also, vanity! I'll be on the job market again in a year or so for the first time in a long time and need to look good in a suit.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I just started. I've paid a lot of lip service to it, but I realize now that I've never really dedicated myself to losing the weight before. I went to WW meetings this summer, but I didn't even try to follow the program at all. This time, I've been very disciplined, but I just started. I think you have to genuinely make the decision to let go of the things that keep you heavy and be vigilant for self-sabotage.

I was only on the second day of this new journey, and I found this site and Rockin Robin's profile. My reasons for holding on to the fat were similar to hers, and I feel like I can let them go now. Also, coincidentally, my starting weight was exactly the same as hers. It makes me feel like it can be done!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? It's not three things, but I need to exercise more. After just this week, I realize that I have had no idea about the number of calories I intake on a daily basis- counting them has been a real eye opener, and hasn't been as onerous as I thought it might be.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? This is pretty evil, but I've been a lot bigger than my sister for going on 20 years now, and we used to wear the same size. However, she's been putting on weight lately and I think if I can keep losing, eventually I could pass her up! What are sisters for if not competition/motivation? I've ceded the "skinniest" title to her for too long!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to be able to tuck in shirts and shop in regular sized stores!!
  • Screen Name: Switzie6

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: live with boyfriend of 6 years

Hobbies and Interests: movies (worked at a movie theatre 8 yrs), watching baseball and football (go Yankees and Eagles!!), reading, spending time with friends, and tv

Favorite Music: anything but country and metal

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: classes at the gym

What are your fitness/health goals? Get down to a size 8, probably around 145 lbs, and work out 5-6 days a week

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Finally saw how much food controlled my life and was sick of it. Hit my all time highest weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Stop binge eating and eating healthy when out to dinner with friends

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Already a lot of improvements, I guess would like to add more whole and organic foods.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister, when we were younger she was the skinny one then she gained weight and I lost weight. So for a little while I was the small one. Now she has been training for the National Guard and has lost a lot of weight while I'm at my heaviest.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My size 8 jeans I only fit in for about a month 5 years ago.
  • Screen Name: BigFatty--real name Cindy

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: married with 4 kids

Hobbies and Interests: reading, movies, hanging with girlfriends

Favorite Music: rock music

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running on treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? run 5 miles get to 130-140 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? being fat, getting gestational diabetes and not wanting the real thing

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? compulsive eating...eating when I'm bored

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? not eating sweets

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : EVERYONE!!!!! HA HAHA!
  • Screen Name: Sun Kissed

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life:
    Living with my boyfriend who's a personal trainer and two lab puppies

Student

Hobbies and Interests:
    Hiking, Road Trips, Traveling, Movies, etc.

Favorite Music:
    Anything that makes me want to

Favorite Color(s):
    Pink, Blue, Grey

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
    Treadmil Baby!

To become more active, control my eating, and become toned!

I went on vacation in 2005 and after developing the pictures decided it was time to take control of my life. I have always been on the heavier side and decided that I wasn't going to let myself down any longer.

When I first started dieting (in 2005) I went from 156 to 125lbs without ever stepping foot in a gym. So although I was at a healthy weight, I still looked heavy... I needed to get toned ( I just didnt know it at the time...) Unhappy with how hard I worked and not getting the results I planned, I went back to my old eating habits and went back up to 143lbs. I am now working to lose the weight once more and get to my ultimate goal of 120 and become more toned! The thing I struggle with most is being impatient!

1. Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables
    2. Drinking more water
    3. Staying on track with my fitness mini-goals

Who do you want to look better than? :
    Only better than I do now!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?[/QUOTE] I am constantly wearing Spanx because it holds everything where I want it to. Man can I rock an outfit wearing spanx... but I don't want to do that forever! I'd like to be able to wear clothes (and a bikini!) without having to do things like "suck in!"

I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!
  • Screen Name: Tamsie

Age/Age Range: 36

Family Life: Married and have an 11 yr old dd

Hobbies and Interests: Softball - although I don't play anymore, my daughter does. Reading. Raising 2 Great Dane puppies

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Currently restricted to walking - DR's orders.

What are your fitness/health goals? Eventually, I'll make it back to the gym 3-4 times a week.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm afraid of my closet. None of my clothes fit anymore.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Having an all or nothing approach - it doesn't work! Also, due to infertility issues and TTC, I keep putting weight loss and working out on hold until I'm out of limbo land. I'm tired of waiting.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Quit with the perfectionism. Be consistent. Realize and put into practice that some is better than none.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My younger sister LOL! We are always trying to keep up with each other.. it goes back and forth. It's a friendly competition

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My jeans!! I can't wait to be able to walk back into my closet again and just grab anything and not worry about whether or not it will fit!