• Screen Name:ubergirl

Age/Age Range:46

Family Life: married, 4 kids

Hobbies and Interests: reading and writing

Favorite Music: Nanci Griffith, Joni Mitchell, the Beatles

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? anything better than right now

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I tried to walk up the hill from the bottom of my street and kept having to stop to rest

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? the memory of how many times I've failed in the past

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise consistently

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? anything nice
  • Wanting to Introduce Myself
    Hello! I am a newie, just started my diet on Friday. I have been reading through the boards and see such a great sense of community and support! I haven't been involved in boards like this before. For some reason, they are a little hard for me to follow, but I'm hoping to get used to it and look forward to chatting with you all!

Screen Name:
    Themy

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
    Married 12 years and we have 3 kids ages 6 through 9

Stay at home

Hobbies and Interests:
    I enjoy being on the computer, I don't consider myself as having any hobbies, which is part of my problem, I don't seem to have any down time.

Favorite Music:
    I love all sorts of music from rock to classical to some traditional folk, but mostly listen to top hits/rock. U2 has been my favorite since their War album.

Favorite Color(s):
    Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
    treadmill, but like to hike with the family and in a former life i LOVED to rollerblade and bike ride. We recently bought a GPS to start Geocaching with the kids, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet!

What are your fitness/health goals?
    To get back to a healthy weight and get some upperbody strength. I am tired of the flab shaking on my arms and back!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    I think I have been fooling myself about my real weight and appearance, recently I have got a few glimpses of the "real" me and I don't like it. Plus I realized that just about every waking moment of the day I spend worrying about my weight and I know the only way to stop that is to actually do something about it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
    Not gratifying myself with chocolate.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    1. The chocolate binging.
    2. The daily Starbucks run.
    3. Adding weights to my aerobic workout. I know I need to, I just haven't
    motivated myself to do it.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
    The other moms at school!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    Dresses and skirts. I want to wear pretty and feminine clothes but I feel stuck in jeans cause everything "pretty' looks awful on me.
  • Screen Name:Dollface21338

Age/Age Range:25 almost

Family Life:Committed relationship with my 2 children's father. Jack=2, Ava=8 mos.

Hobbies and Interests:Gardening, music, running(when I get the motivation)

Favorite Music:Mostly country, but very eclectic

Favorite Color(s):Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Yoga Booty Ballet, Running, I loathe Pilates although I know they work, I also like to do resistance/strength training

What are your fitness/health goals?To get back into my size 8's, and have a 6pack. Right now it's a stretched out spare tire from 2 babies

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I still couldn't fit back into my 12's after baby #2. I've never been bigger than a 12.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? [COLOR="royalblue"]Finding the energy and motivation. But I had a talk with myself 2 nights ago about just getting addicted to it. Doing whatever it takes to get addicted to this lifestyle.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? [COLOR="royalblue"]Watching sweets (emotional trigger), Holding my abs, and getting up to do it every day[COLOR]

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : [COLOR="royalblue"]My ex's wife. She is the epitomy of all american girl and even my current SO is (in my mind) infatuated with her.[COLOR]

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?[COLOR="royalblue"]My sexy low riding, butt caressin, hip hugging jeans with my 6 pack hangin all out! Just kidding that will never be me again, but I would just love to feel comfortable in my own skin.[COLOR]
  • Introducing Amy!
    Screen Name: dietcokehead

Age/Age Range I'm 33

Family Life: Married for 6 years (this September!), 1 daughter who is 4 and SASSY.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, watching TV, riding my bike

Favorite Music: U2 and a million other bands

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: biking, walking and the elliptical machine

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthy and not jiggle when I walk

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I looked fat in the pictures taken at my brothers wedding in April...i didn't look like me. I thought i embarrassed him.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I think about food too much.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More exercise, and more focus.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Jessica Biel. HA.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Size 14 pants and a Large t shirt. I also have a t-shirt from a concert that I can't wear w/o looking like a sausage.
  • Screen Name:irishfairy

Age/Age Range:21

Family Life:a husband and a 6 month old son

Hobbies and Interestshotography, scrapbooking, my son, I also collect fairys and butterflys

Favorite Music:I listen to alot of punk, rock and pop

Favorite Color(s)urple, blue, pink and green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walking, turbo jam (when i have the energy)

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose 75-90lbs be able to jog, and play sports/ do classes without being tired or sluggish.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have always been unhappy with my weight but I am now at my heaviest I swore I WOULD NEVER be over 200lbs but after my pregnancy I ballooned I was at 218 but am currently at 213 (lost all in the last week) it hurts my legs when I walk, my back is always sore and I have trobule carrying my baby I NEED TO LOSE

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? staying away from fast food and exercising

no fast food, no empty clorie drinks and WAY more exercise

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the girls in highschool who tore me apart and my sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? omigod EVERYTHING lol I LOVE fashion but have never been small enough to wear the things I love it will be great to be able to just grab stuff when I am shopping without having to worry if it will make me look fat!!!!!!!
  • Screen Name: OH2007 (stands for "Operation Hardbody 2007" from a health/fitness pact a friend and I made at the beginning of the year)

Age/Age Range: 38 but birthday is in a couple of weeks so 39 after that.

Family Life: Married with 5 kids, ages 2 to 13, older 4 being boys, youngest is a girl.

Occupation: Stay-at-home Mom, homeschooler, gopher/secretary for hubby's new biz.

Hobbies and Interests: Gardening, self-study on a million different subjects, reading, building & crafting, keeping Amazon in business.

Favorite Music: Country, blues

Favorite Color(s): White

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running

What are your fitness/health goals? Overall health, strength, endurance.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Gaining mega-lard after quitting smoking last year.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Moderation

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Moderation, laziness, perfectionism

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : That's a hard one and one I've not thought about previously. I guess I'd like to look as good as my old hardbodied self but don't really care how I'd compare to others. No, really.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My skin. Comfortably.
  • Screen Name: Leeza155

Age/Age Range: 34

Family Life: Married 8 years, 2yo and 4month old sons

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, sudoku, time with our friends & families

Favorite Music: varies

Favorite Color(s): Red

A voight step/weights work out dvd which I've misplaced, currently trying Ct5K, plus stroller walks with my boys and Jari Love dvds.

Get my body back! I'm counting down to a wedding and a reunion in October, and I'm hoping to average 1.75lbs per week - I know that it'd technically possible to do more, but that the next 25 pounds will be tough, esp while nursing. Ultimately I'd like to be back to 155.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

After my first pregnancy I lived by the adage "nursing will take it off." Hah! This time around I know it takes effort, and I hope to have another child, so I'd like to get back down to my happy weight to avoid packing pounds on top of pounds. I'd also like my children to know me as a svelte, active and healthy mom.

Obsessing over my progress or lack of it.

Not overeating in social situations. Adding weights back in. Not avoiding lunges and ab work.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?

All the other women at the reunion who've had kids

Sexy jeans and a body skimming top.
  • I'm ready to get serious.
    Screen Name: thirty3zenlane

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Live alone but have a wonderful gf.

Hobbies and Interests: Running, Rollerblading, Guitar, Coffee Shops, and spending time with friends and especially my gf.

Favorite Music: Mostly alternative stuff, spoken word, folky feminist stuff (Ani Difranco, Alanis, Fiona, Tori...to give you an idea of what I'm talking about here).

Favorite Color(s): Blue!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Training for a half-marathon now (Aug 19th) so that's my main focus, but I have to say as far as what I enjoy MOST, it has to be Rollerblading.

What are your fitness/health goals? I wouldn't mind finishing the half-marathon without killing myself. Long term though, I want to get faster and hopefully it'll get easier to maintain my current pace. I'm pretty healthy for the most part. I just need to get my eating under control and drop about 25 pounds. I'm one of those people who doesn't eat much junk,...just TOO much of the healthy stuff.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The mirror is a trigger every day. Motivation is a different story. I'm getting there.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The "all or nothing" principle. You know what I'm talking about here.

1. Eat less.
    2. Stop with the emotional eating.
    3. Stop the obsession.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I'm not like that. I want to improve myself, where I am at this point. This isn't about anyone else.

They are known as "wife-beaters." Am I being overly political here or is that completely ridiculous?!! Anyway, I dress on the "masculine" side, so I guess wearing a tighter tank/shirt without feeling fat in my abdominal region would be great.
  • Screen Name: girlonamission020

Age/Age Range: 20... I'll be 21 in September.

Family Life: Living with my parents while going to school.

Occupation: Full-time college student majoring in Early Childhood Education.

Hobbies and Interests: I love playing the piano and guitar, singing, reading romantic comedies, watching movies, and hanging out with my friends.

Favorite Music: I listen to Contemporary Christian and Country... My favorite groups have to be Casting Crowns and Rascal Flatts.

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I'm really into doing the Power 90 workouts right now. They are fast paced and I think they are so much fun.

What are your fitness/health goals? I just want to be happy with myself for a change. I'm just tired of feeling so self-conscious. I think it's really hindering me from doing some of the things that I want to do in my life.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? During my summer classes at school I just started realizing that I wasn't just one of the fattest people in my classes, I WAS the fattest person in my classes. I also reached my highest weight ever. So, I just decided that I wanted to get healthy and start feeling good about myself again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The main thing is not working out. I want to believe that dieting only will cause me to lose weight. I also have a problem... When I cheat on my diet once, I start giving in all the time and then go off the diet completely. Not going to happen this time...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I've not been on the diet long enough to figure that out yet. Right now I'm still excited about starting a diet, so I'm gung-ho about all of this!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sleeveless shirts and shorts.
  • Screen Name: Ohhkay8 (Name is Kayla)

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Single, live at home right now, will be back at school and living with my roommate in an apt. in 3 weeks

Hobbies and Interests: Friends, scrapbooking, losing weight!

Favorite Music: I love it all, favorite would probably be country though.

Favorite Color(s): Pink or green.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, jogging, weights, videos

What are your fitness/health goals? 150/be healthy!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've wanted to for quite some time. I stumbled upon this website and was taking a Before picture... and it was just a reality check. Somehow I didn't really know how out of control my weight has gotten.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated and being around people who can eat anything without gaining an ounce.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More intense workouts, avoid eating out, and more weight lifting.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The current me!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I just can't wait to be able to shop in the Junior sections again! And to have my clothing size lack the evil X in front!
  • Screen Name:stranger n my mirror

Age/Age Range:42

Family Life:Married 24 years, 2 sons (21 and 6), 2 daughters (23 and 15) and one grandson (21 months)

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, computers.

Favorite Music:Country Music in general, Randy Travis in particular

Favorite Color(s):Green, Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Favorite? Haven't found one. I do enjoy walking though.

What are your fitness/health goals?I am diabetic. I want to get my glucose under control without the aid of medications.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My younger sister just had her third heart attack. Plus my dad died of a heart attack when he was only 51.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My cravings. I am a binge eater.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1)I am an all or nothing sort of person. I don't do anything in moderation. Unbelievably I am having a great deal of difficulty eating enough calories. I have been hovering in between 850-1100 calories. I know I need to eat more for my size but am having trouble getting there. 2) I need to quit skipping breakfast. I get up around 5:00 am and often don't eat until 10:00. 3) I need to get out there and move more.

My youngest sister (not the one who had the heart attacks).

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?Blue jeans with a regular(not elastic)waistband. I am odd-shaped, currently my waist is larger than my hips, so if I get jeans to fit my waist the rest of me is swimming in them.
  • Screen Name: Brightside

Age/Age Range: 44

Family Life: Married with 10 yr. old triplets (g,b,b) and a Labradoodle

Hobbies and Interests: love to read

Favorite Music: I like all kinds - classical, top 40, country, jazz

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Once upon a time I loved going to aerobics classes, now I walk my dog.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to weigh 158 - which would put me back into my "fat" clothes but would be a comfortable weight to maintain. I want to be exercising 45 minutes a day 4 times a week. I want to run around with the kids and set a good example for them.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I am running out of clothes and I don't want to buy new ones. This summer I have one pair of shorts and 2 pairs of capris. I don't know if any of my pants will fit in the Fall.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Mindless snacking, portion sizes. Also, I have a thin husband who thinks he & the kids should be able to have whatever foods they want around the house.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1)portion sizes, 2) mindless snacking 3) consistent exercise

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want men to look at me and think I'm sexy, I want my husband to see it and then I want him to see me through their eyes. I want people to say YOU HAD TRIPLETS? NO WAY! FYI- within 18 months after they were born I got down to 148 and someone said that to me and it felt GREAT!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My size 12 Liz Claiborn jeans.

• Screen Name:dream710

Age/Age Range:30

Family Life:I've been married for eight years, have one daughter who is four, and one pomeranian

Hobbies and Interests:I like bowling, golf, sewing, jewelry making, and cooking. I'm also really into house flipping. I've never done it but I'd like to someday.

Favorite Music:I like a little of everything, some of my favorites are Ludacris, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Toby Keith, Harry Connick Jr. and pretty much anything in between.
    Favorite Color(s): I'd have to say red.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:My treadmill, I also like Windsor Pilates, and the elliptical machine.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to run 5 miles, without stopping. Eat healthy to prevent weight related health issues.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Turning 30 was a big one, but watching my mom be sick all the time, I'm not gonna let that happen to me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?I struggle most with food. Sometimes, i just want that greasy cheeseburger instead of the salad.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?Eating less grams of fat and burning more calories.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :my sister-in-law

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a single digit sized pair of jeans. I can't remember the last time that happened.... maybe elementary school.
  • Hi, New to site! Name: Gatlinsdoll Age: 41 Height 5'4" Married to a wonderful man have 1 daughter who blessed us with triplet boy's in Oct. 06. Favorite color: pink music: country I started counting calories in May( this year) after going to Doc. and finding my cholestrol level was 276 and the bad level was 160. He wanted to put me on medication and I did not want it! So, hence the calorie counting! I weighed in at 200 lbs. and now(Aug.5) I weigh in at 155. My goal weight is 140 but more than that-- my cholestrol level is now 170 and my bad level is below 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at a plteau right now but am sure to get kicked in again!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL because myself--- I LIKE TO EAT!!! ha ha
  • Hi! I am a complete and total newbie (to everything but being overweight!) This is my first diet and I have been on it a week now. Also been counting calories for a week and have a few questions that I hope to get to at a later time. I quit smoking a couple of years ago and did it with the help of an online community, so I am thrilled to find this site! Looking forward to getting and giving support as we all tackle this together! Here is my 411.

Name:
    Olivia

Age/Age Range:
    27 for another week

Family Life:
    1 year wedding anniversary is this Tuesday! I have 3 cats that are my kids.

Student/Librarian

Hobbies and Interests:
    Well, I am an English major so anything and everything that is in the land of literature I am there! Also am a feminist and do volunteer work with the National Organization for Women that takes up a lot of my time. I like nature, bird-watching, gardening and such. Down time with the hubby. Good films.

Favorite Music:

Almost too much to list. Here's a couple favs: Miles Davis, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Van Morrison....the list goes on.

Favorite Color(s):
    greens and browns

So far I have been walking the track (in this Bama heat. Ugh!) and I have purchased a Balance Ball on which I comically roll around on and call it exercise!

To be healthy. To be a runner and not a walker.

Hmmm, steadily piling all my clothes that I can no longer wear on the top shelf of the closet hurt. I recently went to my 10 year high school reunion and looked at the photos after. I look larger than I feel! Should have taken a pic sooner, it did the trick.

Too soon to tell. I am still in "**** Yeah!" mode.

Also a bit too soon to tell, but I'll try.
    1. Mexican food intake.
    2. Late night eating.
    3. Educating myself on the world of exercise (so far, I just know to walk!)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself as is.

All the clothes on the top of my shelf. Especially this hip little hippie dress left over from high school.