LAWL & Friends - March 2005

You're on Page 3 of 42
Go to
  • Britt - I'm with Fiona on the Creative Memories gig. You can totally work part-time and teach other people to scrapbook. The classes are fun and if you're really into it you can motivate other people with your ideas! I think it's a low cost start-up but you would have to look it up on the web.

Diane
  • Tammy -
    Tammy - You poor thing,
    I have become my mother, I just want to feed you
    When your at goal, this will be so worth it. (Not that I really know that, but I'm guessing).......
  • Thanks for the comments!! I do want to address some of the issues that Star and Fiona were talking about. Your so right the information can get lost but there is a bit of science to scrapbooking especially if you are going to do it for other people. You have to set up either face to face or over the phone meetings with them because not only will they be telling you what they want their scrapbook to be like but I would also be telling them what i need from them. Not only do you need the photos but you have to sort of get to know them as a person see if they want a theme and then go from there. One of the things i love about scrapbooking is the journaling part of it and they will have to include information for you about pictures so that you can include that in the scrapbook. As far as the price goes you have to set your prices and i havent gotten to that part of it yet since im still just thinking about it.

Athena i think its great you are a fellow scrapbooker!!!! I will have to chat with you sometime about it.

Oops gotta run phone. Ill check back later.

Britt
  • Wow - chickies!

I'm gone for a few hours and look how many posts!

Nice lunch - had (big surprise) roasted chicken. And white rice. And piggy me ate the carrot and lettuce garnish. So I think dinner is going to be yogurt and fruit - since I have had hardly a veg or a fruit all day. But it was fun. And I got some advice about rolling over my old 401k - it's not much, but hopefully will be Something I Can Use to Live on when I'm in the blue-haired ladies club.

Britt -I truly believe that if you love scrapbooking you can find a way to share it with others (like Athena) and make money at it. In the neighborhood magazine I get each month someone advertises for Creative Memories - so people are doing it. (Also, I read a really good novel about a woman who researched the homes that people lived in) It seems like a scrapbook could include anything that someone wanted. Maybe you could focus on weight loss scrapbooks!

Oh - Star - if you think you could be in NC in May we could have a chickie reunion - I only live about 5 or 6 hours away from Raleigh - Except I have weekend commmitments - except for Memorial Day - I also would love to go to the Sundance film festival. . .

Michelle - we all have times when we feel bad and it has nothing to do with eating - sometimes all the things happening in our life roll over us at once and smother us. I am so glad that you went to the center. And I know your measurements are going to be great. Have you really lost 15 pounds in two months? That is terrific. Also, one thing I have thought about this weight loss journey - it takes so long to reach the end - it would be nice to learn something along the way (besides how to eat right) - maybe I need to learn patience? Or delayed gratification? prioritize what I really want?

Tammy - You have a center. Did you ask why? Also, I have done the fitday thing and I seem to be equal between carb, protein and fat - and the carbs are mainly from the lites. I think that's why the starch portions are so low.

Sy - I totally agree with you about the mismatch with the LA products and the corresponding real food calorie counts. Why are the breakfast bars 210 cals, and count for a starch and a fruit? Even the smoothies are 90 cals.

Jen - you Are My Idol - how long have you been doing this? See, all your good work while you were away really paid off!

Fiona- remember car salesmen want to sell you more so they get bigger commissions - they also don't seem to understand the word NO.

Sorry if I missed anyone!
    Julie
  • Julie - no kidding on salesmen and "NO!" I e-mailed the guy (told him before NOT to call me during work hours, but that e-mail was okay) to tell him we were pursuing some other options, and not 15 minutes later the sales floor manager called me on my cell phone "to make sure So-and-So was doing everything right to sell me a car out of their used inventory" Whatever! They pretty much lost my business right there, and I told the guy so. Good thing that there ARE other cars out there that I'm interested in!

Oh, at WI I was up .8 Not sure why, as I wasn't up even that much yesterday after indulging (but not too much) at DSIL's house for dinner on Sunday, and I was OP yesterday. Oh well, I've been OP today too so I'd better be down by Thursday.

Fiona
  • Julie - We're staying in the Excalibur, getting married at the Little Chapel of the Flowers and then our reception is at the Flamingo. I'm determined to see all of Vegas befor I leave! Actually the Flamingo offers an unlimited champagne brunch for about $15 a head and they have this wildlife habitat and garden that the buffet looks out towards with these huge glass walls. It's suppose to be really beautiful. We'll see!
  • Diane - if you have a chance to drive out of Vegas, you might like to see the big dam - Hoover? I drove over it this past summer - very impressive. Lots of parking areas so people park and walk over - looks like people do water type things at Lake Mead. . . I stayed with relatives in Vegas so I didn't do many of the strip type things, but it is a growing city! Lot's of building going on. . .

Fiona - I'm sure that everything will be fine by Thursday - just keep on pushing the water (as I filled my second water bottle . . .) And WTG on telling off that salesman . .

Julie
  • Karen: Being down 7.4 lbs is awesome and in the right direction - don't look back, only forward!

Jen: WOW! 50 lbs, your awesome! All the running and staying OP really does help! I'm so happy for you!

Tam: Next time you go to the center, request someone you like - people do that at my center all the time. That way you won't have to deal with the counselor from **** and keep the motivation up to get to your goal!

Fiona: Not sure if it was you - but I remember someone asking if my exercise buddy was from work. No, I met Julie at the gym. She's really friendly and a real talker which is great. After talking - found we have lots in common. She has MS and I have 2 sisters who have that (my sister's are in bad shape), but Julie keeps the exercise up as she knows what may happen if she stops. Come to find out, our friends from Raleigh, NC are also friends with her and her husband. Very small world. We would exercise together when we saw each other. We exchanged phone numbers so now we check each others schedule to see if we both can make it at the same time. Sometimes we do, and sometimes our schedules are just out of synch. It's makes the time go by quicker when you have someone fun to talk to. She works me like a horse and keeps me honest in the amount of time I spend there. A great workout buddy.

Gotta run, AI will be on soon and DH is out blowing snow. Got to see if he needs my help with anything. Have a great evening.

Hugs to all,

Sy
  • Hi

I"ve been so good the last three days I was excited to weigh in this morning - NO CHANGE - I've been crying for over 20 minutes - I'm so disappointed. Had to come on here to stop crying to type so I can put my make up on over my red puffy eyes. I just hate my body today- I want to starve it all day and show it whose boss but I know that will only put me in starvation mode - can't win it seems.

Thanks for letting me vent - and just ignore me to day- really - ignore me - hope I didn't ruin anyone's day. I will get over it!

Hugs
  • Hi Britt: Sorry I missed your question. Just had time to read in detail everything I missed (as sometimes I just have time to scan the posts). About scrapbooking. I think it's a wonderful idea. I'm totally not into it - but did go to a scrapbook party and at the party - there were 2 ways to have the party done. 1 - just buy the stuff, 2 - pay $10 and bring pictures and start your own scrapbook. My niece who hosted the party choose #2. So, I created a single page to a scrapbook. Did buy some cool stuff, and after the party - checked out AC Moore and found everything I purchased for less than 1/2 price (from the party costs). I won't be going to another party for a long time, but the experience that I could do something that turned out so cool looking was fun. No regrets! Now, if I had someone like you - I could give you a shoebox of pictures and say - Go for it! Of course, it would probably end up costing me a million dollars with all the pictures that have never made it into plain scrapbooks. Maybe you could start small and just post some signs on the bulletin boards on campus. See if you get any hits, and go from there. Have fun, and take chances - it's the only way to go!

Sy
  • BAS: We were posting at the same time. Hey, give me a Great Big Smile. I read that if you smile, even when you aren't happy - whatever it releases in our brain will make us feel better. It's worth a try!? Don't let the scale get you down (of course, I'm the same way as you). You have been good for 3 days in a row, another day or 2 and you will see results. Sometimes weightloss doesn't show right away. Use to drive DH nuts. He would be doing the low-carb diet and would not see results for 2 weeks and weigh himself daily (of course, by then - I would have given up - or be crying my eyes out like you), then all of a sudden - boom, he'd be down 8 lbs. Just do what you said, prove to yourself that you are the boss and tomorrow will be a better WI. Just don't give up because of the scale! Hugs to you. Sy
  • Thanks Sy - I"ll try - Can't cry now I have my make up on and I'm ready to go to work. But you melted my heart and it made tears come to my eyes. (happy tears)! I will give it until Friday before I get on the scale again and see what happens.

Thanks
  • Hey Beverly - don't let it get you down! I think Sy has a great idea about the . We ALL have had days, weeks, months, when the scale hardly budges. It is really tough when we've been so good, been so on plan (any plan), and it's not working.

You mentioned something about using weights - do you live anywhere close to a video rental place? Maybe you could rent a weight tape, or a new exercise video to mix things up a bit?

And I do know that feeling when I get so mad at my body I want to punish it by not feeding it anything - but it's probably NOT a good idea for general health. This may sound weird but I'm wondering if you are not eating enough and your body is holding on to it's fat because it's wondering where the next meal is coming from. The other thing is to ask you doctor about your thyroid - it may have become sluggish

And it is tough - but remember how far you've come! You've LOST TWENTY POUNDS! You are exercising on a regular basis! Your blood work is much better (from what I remember in your earlier posts). Do you notice if your clothes are fitting differently, even if the scale is not changing? (A scale is only a mechanical device and it isn't always perfect).

You have such a good heart, Beverly, weight is only part of our life.

Hugs!
    Julie
  • Julie -
    And I Quote, Julie said "You have such a good heart, Beverly, weight is only part of our life."

THAT is such a true statement, I for one am guilty of forgetting that sometimes. Let me repeat it - Weight is only part of our life.

Thanks Julie!
  • Beverly these other chicks have given you wonderful advice! And i totally agree with all of them. I know exactly where you are in fact at some point and time we have all been there. Its not the best feeling in the world but you know that you are eating healthy, working out and this should make you at least feel better because girlfriend you are SO worth it! Have you thought about maybe doing take off to give your body the push it needs? Dont let it consume you I had gotten to a point where i was letting it get to me and let me tell you i was a pain in the butt and down in the dumps when i was doing that. So pick yourself up and dust yourself off you have been doing GREAT for 3 days dont stop now just think at WI on friday you will be down!!!! Have a great day girl and chin up!!!! PSST.... no more crying either dont want the make up to run

Britt