Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 37 of 56
Go to
  • Hello all! I'm Lori, 24 from Oklahoma! I just joined LAWL 2 weeks ago! I look forward to working with everyone to make this easier for us all!
  • Just starting out...
    Well, my name is Marie. I'm 25. I've been married for almost 7 years and have one 3 year old son, Asher. He's the joy of my life! I live in Indiana. GO IRISH! I am a Christian. Some people may wonder why I put that in here but my faith plays a HUGE role in my life. But I won't get on a soap box! I've alwys been overweight. When my counsellor asked me what weight I felt comfotable at, I couldn't answer her because I have never been thin. I just didn't know. So saying that my goal is 195 is purely a guess. I just started at LAWL a week ago but have already lost 5 lbs! That's encouraging! I'm really excited to read everybody's tips and ideas. I have the worst time eating my veggies and drinking all of my water. I think that's about it for now.

Marie
  • welcome to everyone!
  • Hello!
    My name is Tara. I am 25 years old and very happily married. (5-1/2yrs) I guess I got a little too happy as I have put on 30 lbs. in 3 yrs. I'm currently trying to lose atleast 20-25lbs. I am trying to take this off by June as we are going to start working on a family and I would like to lose the weight before hand for an easier labor and of course it will help afterwards also. I have lost about 10lbs in the 4 weeks that I have been doing this so I know it can really work. But I am so tired of eating the same things and am becoming very discouraged. I'm screeming for a pizza on the inside! I am a very picky eater and want to ask all of you for help with recipes. I have been reading some of them and have made about 6 different ones and loved them. Please, Please keep posting them as I check this site usually 2-3 times per week for something new. Don't forget to post how many of each food group it uses for the plan. I love this site and would love to hear from any of you who have worked or working hard to lose weight. I need the encouragement too and any advice.
  • Welcome, Tara...and all the other newbies from before!! There are a great bunch of folks on this board. You'll find most of the activity and chatter in the "Losers" thread.
  • I'm also new (just finishing my second week). I was thinking about LAWL and found this board through google.com. There was enough positive energy to offset the tons of negative press the program has received. I was so paranoid about the high pressure sales that I lied to the center counselors (or whatever they're called) about some mysterious source of lite bars I had from my sister's friend who got pregnant. But that seems to have kept them off my back for the first couple of months while I sort things out.

It was good reading other people's histories. I always remember myself being big, although old pictures don't really seem that bad. My mom was trying to get me to lose weight from about 10 years on. I think I rebelled by being a closet binge-eaters. (I've jokingly lamented that I should have gotten a choice in eating disorders...closet anorexia seems so much more socially acceptable, right?) When we decided to have baby #4 a couple of years ago, I went on WW with conviction and lost 95 lbs. I got pregnant and returned to every bad habit. I think I was right back to 300 right before he was born (at 10 lb 12 oz) and managed to get myself up to nearly 315 after that.

I guess my turning point was realizing that size 24 was getting a little small and wondering where you buy clothes when the biggest size in the biggest stores won't fit anymore. I'm also too embarrassed to go in the clean room (I work for a semiconductor) because the 3x smock ("bunny suit") is really too tight and I don't want to ask for the 4x. I went to my doctor (who has always been totally cool about my weight since I'm healthy in all other regards) and got a "note" so I could use flex spending to cover the LAWL sign-up. So I've got 80 weeks to lose 160. I like having to WI every other day...it forces me to be honest with myself and not do the classic WW "binge after WI".

So, I'm an engineer, have four kids (2 through 14), married, miss running and being active (that's one of my incentives...to actually be able to jog again). I am too arrogant/insecure to ask for help but really don't want to die young because of my own bad choices. But, hey, I'm here now so it's all good.
  • another newbie to LAWL
    hi all, i just joined your site today. yesterday i was searching online for LAWL recipes and happened upon you. i'm hoping i can fit in here and find a good place for information and support!

bio info: my name is sherri, i'm 36 (37 in september), have been married for a year on may 6th to SC, my DH (although we've been together for over 6 years), and have an adorable dog named bella. i love to bake, am a tv addict, a huge harry potter fan, an avid reader and love to go out dancing with the girls.

i joined LA last wednesday, april 4th because i have been compulsively eating for the last few months. i not really sure what's driving it, but in that time, i've managed to pack on about 15 additional pounds to the 15 extra pounds i was already carrying. i had to do something. like many of the people before me, i read all the negative press on LAWL online and was really worried about joining. it took me 2 weeks to convince myself to go to the center, knowing it was going to be a hard sell for all of the la lite bars and stuff. but when i did the math, the money i would be spending for the weeks of the program and maintenance and bars is the same as i would be spending if i hired a personal trainer for just 2 and a half months (something i had done in the past). the math won and i joined, paying for my 15 weeks of the program, 6 weeks of followup, a year of maintenance and 21 weeks of la lites.

i need some sort of program where i have to go in and weigh and be held accountable. in the past, that group was weight watchers, where i have had success in the past and am a lifetime member (not at goal, obviously). however, when i went back to the meetings, they didn't work for me anymore. i'm not certain about all the diet dos and don'ts yet with LAWL, and i'm a little nervous that there's nothing built in for days that you cheat (like weight watchers "flex points".) however, i DO know that i'm getting this extra weight off now and i'm hoping to find out more about the program with this forum.

i look forward to "meeting" all of you!
  • Welcome to the boards all you newbies!! Hope you jump right in.. General chatter and banter about the plan can be found in the "Losers and Friends" thread, but never fear posting your own thread if you have a specific question or topic you want covered...

Sherri.. The reason there aren't any flex points is that the point of the plan is not to cheat.. BUT.. If you do, the plan teaches you ways to deal with it... Soon you will learn the magic that is the "Emergency Take Off"...

If any of you have questions that you can't get answered at your own LAWL shop (COD), fire away.. I've learned so much here about ways to cope and the "diet do's and don'ts"...

Glad you're here!!
  • Hello Sherri! How funny?! I'm 37 going on 38 in September, and I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter too!! I got all the hard bound books, DVDs, and XBOX games. Must admit, did not play the last game much to my DS disappointment. Just got addicted to POGO.COM and didn't have enough hours in the day...

We're at the same weight at the moment. Though my goal weight is 140, I secretly hoping to reach 130 or even 120! I'm much shorter then you but still!

This is awesome group! Join in at the Losers and Friends thread!
  • Hi everyone my name is Rose and I started LAWL online in January. So far, so good, but I am not getting the support I need from the online version. I had my first child last year and was shocked at how much I gained during my pregnancy - next time I will definitely lay off the bad food. After a year of looking in the mirror and hating what I saw, I decided to go back to the only diet that has ever worked for me. I was a center member back in 1999 and lost 50 pounds. I maintained that lost until last year. I was estatic to find an online version of the plan since it isn't possible to get to the center with the little one. However, I miss the one on one support that I used to get from the counselors and the updated information. Both are lacking online, but beggars can't be choosers. I am very grateful to have found this site, I love reading the posts and all the valuable info they contain. My goal right now is 140, but I would love to go lower if I can!
  • Hi =)
    Hi Everybody!
    My name is Joy and I joined on March 17th. So far so good and the program is exactly what I was looking for. I researched for a while, and also this community was the most informative and active. I am a professional on and off dieter. I'm hoping this time with the support I will take that profession and shove it!!!

There is so much information I luv it! Its great for the ups and downs which we all go through. I look forward to go thru this journey with your help and also would love to help others where I can!

One day at a time right??
  • Wow, so many new folks, yet most of you never make it over to post on the Losers and Friends threads. Welcome to all of you, and feel free to jump in anywhere to chat.
  • Quote: Hi everyone my name is Rose and I started LAWL online in January. So far, so good, but I am not getting the support I need from the online version. I had my first child last year and was shocked at how much I gained during my pregnancy - next time I will definitely lay off the bad food. After a year of looking in the mirror and hating what I saw, I decided to go back to the only diet that has ever worked for me. I was a center member back in 1999 and lost 50 pounds. I maintained that lost until last year. I was estatic to find an online version of the plan since it isn't possible to get to the center with the little one. However, I miss the one on one support that I used to get from the counselors and the updated information. Both are lacking online, but beggars can't be choosers. I am very grateful to have found this site, I love reading the posts and all the valuable info they contain. My goal right now is 140, but I would love to go lower if I can!
    Hi Rose.. Just consider us your online supplimental guide..

I too plan to go lower than my goal.. The beauty of the LAWL plan is that it teaches us how to, if we feel the need, to keep losing, or lose anything we've gained after the program..

Glad you're with us!!
  • Quote: Sherri.. The reason there aren't any flex points is that the point of the plan is not to cheat.. BUT.. If you do, the plan teaches you ways to deal with it... Soon you will learn the magic that is the "Emergency Take Off"...
    thanks for the welcome everyone! dan, i know i'm not supposed to cheat, but hey... there are days when a girl needs some pizza!

i'm going to search this forum and find the ETO secrets. the thing that's taking some getting used to for me is having to so carefully plan out my meals before i start eating for the day. i know that's how i should be doing it, but it doesn't come naturally. but it will!! i go for my first official WI tomorrow. :crossesfingers
  • Quote: Hello Sherri! How funny?! I'm 37 going on 38 in September, and I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter too!! I got all the hard bound books, DVDs, and XBOX games. Must admit, did not play the last game much to my DS disappointment. Just got addicted to POGO.COM and didn't have enough hours in the day...

We're at the same weight at the moment. Though my goal weight is 140, I secretly hoping to reach 130 or even 120! I'm much shorter then you but still!

This is awesome group! Join in at the Losers and Friends thread!

hey nancy! sounds like we are on the same page! that makes it more fun!! my goal for now is 130, but i wouldn't mind being anything between 125 and 130. if i weigh more than that, i go up a size, which is annoying. thanks for the welcome! i'll find my way over to the losers and friends thread soon!