Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 18 of 56
Go to
  • Welcome Erin!!! Glad to meet you
  • Hello Cassy!! Welcome!!
  • Thanks winkie! Hello to you too! 48 lbs. is awesome, way to go!!! Have a great day!

Erin
  • Hi - I am Kasie- I am 29 - I will be 20-10 in about 2 months haha But on a Great Note I am getting married on March 10, 2007. I have been on and off of diets all of my adult life. I did the Adkins diet and lost 70 pounds but I put 50 pounds back on. My friend is on LAWL and has given me all the info and I now I have started the plan- I started on Jun.16th and as of today I have lost 7 pounds, I have about 70 more to go!!! I am finding it pretty easy to follow the plan. I do have trouble with the veggies- I only like salad and raw carrots and onions. so I am limited to what i can eat!! So I need encouragement!!! I want to look pretty in a wedding dress and not look like a big marshmallow walking down the isle. If you have looked at wedding dresses lately they are almost all sleeveless or strapless.... so I want to be healthy and look great!!
  • :Welcome: Kasie!! Come join us on the June friends thread.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! My daughter's birthday is March 10.

LAWL may seem to be challenging at times with getting in your veggies. As time goes on, you will be surprised at how your taste will change, and you may even learn to like more veggies. Check out the recipe thread for some ideas, too.
    these boards are awesome for support, motivation & ideas!!
  • Welcome Kasie! I'm 31. I have 30 lbs to lose to get back to my wedding weight, although I may decide to lose more. Feel free to private message me and I can pass along my email address and we can buddy up! LA is a great plan. My mom shared her info. with me and I've lost 6 lbs. so far. I really like it and feel it is a very healthy plan, that combined with exercise and you should look great for your wedding in no time. Have a great day!

Erin
  • Hi,
    I'm Kay. I've been reading this forum for the past few weeks and decided it was finally time to wade in. I really like the support every gives each other especially when someone hits a rough spot.

I'm 42, the mother of 2 practically grown young men (18 & 20), and I'm in the Air Force. I'm lucky to have a fantastic husband who is very supportive. I've been struggling with my weight for years both personally and professionally.

I've had my ups and downs with weight loss, but I seem to have ballooned these past 2 years. Exercise has never been a problem for me. I'm lucky they make me exercise at work. I had to come to terms with the fact that my diet was the problem. I finally just got fed up with how my body felt ... heavy, sore joints, and flabby ... I decided to do something and joined LAWL the first week of May.

I doing well with it. I hit a plateau for the last 2 weeks and did TO this week. Man, was that hard. I was ready to eat my fingernails, I was soooo hungry. I didn't cheat (thanks to you all!) and it seemed to work. I don't want to have to do it again anytime soon.

My long term goal is to get to my ideal weight, but that is way down the road in Dec. My short term goal is to get below 200. It defintly is not an easy journey, but I' determined and I'm very glad I found this forum to help me through.
  • Hi Kay.
    Glad you found us here!
  • Hi guys! My name is Angie, and I just joined LA weight loss today I have about 66 pounds to lose (maybe more...I'll see how I feel when I get there).

Angie
  • Angie!!
  • Welcome to the forum Angie!! You'll absolutely love the support here. Good luck on your weight loss goals!
  • Welcome to Erin, Cassy, Kasie, Kay, Angie and anybody else that has joined since I have been gone!!

Evette- I see you have lost 50 lbs.!!! WTG chickie!!!!
  • Welcome Kay and Angie! Jump on over to the Losers and Friends threads and say hello!
  • Debbie - yes I have!! Wohoo!! Thanks!
  • Hello! My name is Kelly. I live in West Virginia. I have been a tax preparer for 4 years. I am here because I am losing the motivation to lose weight. My husband and I have decided to start trying to get pregnant, but before we try I would like to lose some weight can anyone help me stay motivated? I have yahoo messenger (xxxkellyxxx24) if anyone wants to add me.