Brummel & Brown Spread

• Has anyone ever cooked with this spread before? It seems like it might be a great alternative... the tub-style has 45 calories and I think 5 grams fat per tablespoon; half of what normal butter does. But, unlike the Light or Fat Free butters, water is NOT listed as hte primary ingredient. And from what I understand, the water is what makes the light stuff usually unsuitable for baking/frying. It just seems to me that this could be a good substitute in baked goods and stuff... I usually use half yogurt anyway. Any comments, trials out there? Thanks!

Kate
  • Kaitlyn: I love the B&B Spread!! I've tried the Strawberry and Apple Cinammon and the Apple Cin is my fave! It melts very well and tastes like "country" butter.
    Enjoy!
  • I have used it as well as moove over butter and I can't believ it's not spray. I liked them all and they did work well for me. Moove over butter is cheaper and I like it so I use it but I do like Brummel and Brown as well.
  • Brummel & Brown Spread

I have cooked with Brummel & Brown Spread, which is ok, but for "frying or sauteing", I like Smart Balance instead, because it does not turn watery when it melts.

Quote:
    If you don't laugh, you cry!