CORE Breakfasts

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • pishpesh...THANKYOU! I made the cottage cheese pancakes this morning and they are UNBELIEVABLE. I added the cinnamon, vanilla, and banana like you suggested...i like to cut down on my artificial sweetener intake so i added a tablespoon of honey instead of the splenda packets, and then i dropped fresh blueberries into them as they were cooking....seriously, delicious, taste just like regular pancakes. My boyfriend (the chef who can eat junk food and lose weight at the same time) even wanted second helpings
  • We got this recipe at WW last week. I made it and it's awesome!!!! I took the leftovers and baked them like cookies. Not quite cookie/like but good. Next time I make this recipe, I'm going to see if I can cook just 1/3 of it. Our WW leader said she refrigerates her lo's and adds milk to them when she reheats them. I'm thinking Curtis and I would be much better off if I made 2 servings and not the full 6.

Like I said, "This is awesome!" I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as we did. I'm making it again later this week (but 1/3 the recipe).

CROCKPOT STEEL CUT OATS

1 CUP STEEL CUT OATS
    4 CUPS WATER
    1 CUP FF MILK
    1 & 1/2 CUP DRIED FRUIT (I USED GOLDEN RAISINS)
    Spray slow cooker with butter-flavored Pam. Add all ingredients and cook on low 6 hours or overnight.

Makes 6 servings
    4pts per serving (If you use dried golden raisins.)

or
    Core + points for dried fruit.
  • Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal
    This is not so much a recipe, as it is a shake and a smidge. Basically just eyeball it, when it looks and smells right to you, that's it.

Plain oatmeal cooked with: water (measurements on the box), vanilla extract, cinnamon, Molly McButter and Splenda.
    I made this today for breakfast and was so excited about it!
    You really ought to try it!
  • Got this today off BCB.

Core "Bread Pudding"

1 egg
    1/4 cup FF cottage cheese
    2 squirts Torani SF Vanilla syrup (I haven't tried DaVinci, but this is similar)

I combined all 3 ingredients in my Magic Bullet and poured the mixture into a little Pyrex dish (I think it holds about 1/2 cup). Baked at 350 for 45 minutes.

The end result is about the same flavor and consistency as bread pudding. Only lightly sweet & vanilla which is the way I prefer it. You may want to adjust the sweetener to suit your own taste.

Delish enough to serve for brunch along with some fresh fruit.
  • Don't these sound wonderful for a portable breakfast or snack? I'll be eating them since I love blueberries. I also thought of all of you who are always looking to carry things with you places. It's from Carol on the Barbos site.

I made some more tweaks and notes.

CORE-IFFIC BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

1 cup cornmeal
    1/2 cup Cream of Wheat, uncooked
    1 cup fat free sour cream
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/3 cup splenda {Carol used 1/2 cup Splenda} Vickie is using one cup next time
    1 teaspoon vanilla (Vickie is adding)
    2 tsp olive oil (Vickie used canola oil....don't like the idea of olive oil flavor in my muffins)
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 cup fresh blueberries-optional..Carol

Mix everything together & pour into a Pam sprayed 8x8 inch pan or 8 muffins tins.
    Bake at 400° for 35 minutes.{I baked at 375° for 28 minutes because my teflon mini loaf pans sometimes burn..Carol}

Vickie used a 12 cup standard size muffin pan. I got 12 muffins filled to the top. Next time I'd bake them at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I did 375 for 30 minutes and they were baked but not enough for me. There was no brown and I even used the bakers secret pans that normally brown things.
  • [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']HAM QUICHE WITH HASH BROWN CRUST

CRUST:

3 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, defrosted and patted dry-NO added fat
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    salt & pepper to taste
    1 egg, beaten or 2 egg whites
    non-stick cooking spray

FILLING:

3/4 cup diced lean ham or Canadian bacon
    1 cup grated Swiss cheese, fat free or reduced fat-count 1 Pt per slice if using.
    1/2 cup ff grated cheddar
    1 cup skim milk
    4 eggs or egg substitute
    2 tsp prepared mustard
    1/4 tsp pepper & 1/4 tsp. salt
    Paprika for garnish

Directions:

CRUST: Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and salt & pepper. Fold in 1 beaten egg.
    Spray 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
    Pat potato mixture evenly into prepared pie plate to form a crust, building up sides to rim.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown

FILLING:
    In layers, sprinkle ham,minced onion and cheese evenly over crust.

In a small bowl, combine milk,eggs, mustard, salt & pepper; mix well. Pour over ingredients in crust.Lightly sprinkle on the paprika.

Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

Serves: 6[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']For the ff swiss, the only thing I could find was the kraft ff swiss slices, like the american cheese comes in. I just took about 6? slices, and chopped it up(whatever it took to make it 1 cup).[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Also, since the swiss melts so well, I cooked it longer thinking the egg wasn't done, but it was the melted cheese. You really do have to let it set for a good five minutes before cutting and serving.[/FONT]
  • Baked French Toast
    Cut up 2 slices lite wheat bread into cubes
    Slice up one banana
    Mix these in a small casserole dish that is sprayed with butter PAM.
    Mix up 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg beaters, add 1/4 cup ff milk.
    Mix in splenda and cinnamon to the egg mixture.
    Pour the egg mixture over the bread and bananas.

Cover with foil. Bake 375 for 10-20 minutes until the "custard" is set.

Very good - next time I may try blueberries.

Made this way it fits the SFT. Enjoy!