Smoothies

• I just started on SB. Can I have smoothies in phase 1 and if so what are some good smoothie recipes

• Hi, Dave, and welcome!

Did you read the book? If not, I highly recommend that you read it before starting. You can also find great information on the FAQ and in the stickies in this forum. Please feel free to introduce yourself too, so we know more about you!

Regarding smoothies, depending on how you make them, yes you can have them in Phase 1. Do make sure you are getting enough veggies...one with every meal and snack is ideal, but if your idea of a smoothie doesn't include a wedge of broccoli, you might want to double up your veggies at another meal.

There are several great smoothie recipes in our recipe forum. Here's one I like:

1 cup FF Plain yogurt
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 scoop of protein powder (make sure it does not have anything from the foods to avoid list)
    1-2 Tbsp of flavored SF Syrup (like DaVinci or Torani)
    2 Tbsp Flax Seed
    Ice cubes

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth and thick. Add more ice or milk as needed.
  • There are a couple recipes for smoothies as well as milkshake, among many other things in the Recipe section of this forum. Here is the link to the P1 recipes. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...0&daysprune=-1

Link for the recipe forum in general is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Lots of good recipes there. Hope this helps! Welcome to the Beach.
  • Welcome to the Beach, Dave!
  • Welcome to the Beach, Dave!
  • Welcome to the Beach Dave. You may find that you need something more bulky to full you up. I always feel hungry an hour or two after a smoothie but they may be ok for a snack. Salad or vegies with lean meat, fish or poultry will do it.
  • Hey Dave welcome to the beach!
  • Welcome to the Beach Dave.
  • Welcome to the beach Dave.
  • Beware of protein powders - some of them are very high calorie. Read the labels carefully.