What plan are you on and some other Q's?

• This is the Atkins forum I know but I was wondering if you were all following his program or something else or one of your own? Just curious as to what was working for you and what are some of your favorite snacks?

I have read quite a few of the low carb books and am just following my own plan , I eat as many veggies as I want (no starchy ones) and have some low glycemic fruit once a day like some berries. I just don't want to get into the mindset of I "can't" have this or that....I hate diets with a passion and all they do are make me obsessive.

Anyways, for a Superbowl snack I got some pepperoni slices and plan to bake them till they are kinda crispy and got some spinach, artichoke, cheese dip to go with them and some of those Tyson hot wings with ranch ;P

Marilyn
  • Marilyn, I follow Atkins. To me, it's not a matter of I "can't have". It's that I SHOULDN'T have it. It's what makes me fat. Or bloated. Think of it this way, if you were allergic (as in got hives or other reactions) to a certain food, would you STILL eat it? I've struggled because I didn't want to be different and LOVED all those other foods, but it's getting easier to make the right choices. Sorry, didn't mean to sound preachy (sp?)!!! Just wanted so share my view on "diets" Good luck and welcome
  • Hi Marilyn and welcome

I follow Atkins...sorta. I keep to the meat and veggies. I eat alot of chicken and fish, lots of salads, and other veggies. But I add fibre and other carbs at times. But generally I keep my carb count pretty low. Only because Ive pretty much determined what my trigger foods are. When I eat a carb, I always eat a protein with it! ALWAYS!!

Good luck to ya...stick around we like to see new ppl
  • Marilyn-
    Right now Im following scarsdale- and it seems to be working for me...first 2 weeks 11 1/2 off...the third week was a week of 5 b-day celebrations and I put 4 back on...now Im on day 4 of second cycle of scarsdale and im down 3 1/2 so 1/2 away from what I was at the end of my first 2 weeks....I like the structure better and the inclusion of bread and fruit...we shall see...we shall see...
  • i'm on the second week of the first cycle of scarsdale. marie had told me about it. last week i dropped 8 lbs. although i was up 2 lbs this morning after having a few no-no's yesterday, i expect them to be gone in the morning. like marie, i have enjoyed having a little whole wheat bread. i have been going to the gym 4 times a week lately also. welcome and join us on the daily thread, which always has the date in the thread line. we are glad to have you here!