Mamacita & Bamiegirl IRL

• Today was the day. Dh and I drove downtown and rode around to find a place to park near the hotel where Bamie and her dh were staying.

Just like she said, she was waiting at the Starbucks in the lobby.

Just so you'll all know, Bamie is one cool chick! Just as Southern in real life as she is on the screen, too! We talked about our kids, diets, houses, housework, clothes, families, you name it.

After we'd chatted a little while, the three of us (her dh got stuck in AYSO meetings) went across to Peachtree Center and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant.

I had this yummy soup which would have been totally OP if I hadn't stuck the "condiments" in it.

After lunch we walked around some more, then wandered back over to the hotel. We talked some more, then said our goodbyes, since dh and I had some errands to run.

We exchanged phone #'s and the next time I'm in Huntsville, I'm dragging Bamie over to meet the clan.

Unfortunately, she forgot her camera and my dd drove off this morning with our camera in her car! So, pictures will have to wait til our next meeting.

Okay I'm gotta go figure out some dinner for the gang.

Mamacita
  • You lucky girls! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves!!
  • I'm so glad you got this opportunity to meet each other! Thanks for telling us all about it!
  • So glad you two were able to meet! THat's so great it went well!! Would've been better with pics..guess we can wait til next time.
  • That's great
  • Cool
    That is so cool you guys took the time to do that! Were you what you expected of each other???????????
  • I went into it without any expectations except meeting someone with an accent as thick as sorghum on a cold day...and that's exactly what I got!

Her accent is more Tennessee/Kentucky than Alabama...and that's because that's where she grew up! Even though her family moved around, that was the one that "stuck".

Bamie's really sweet. She and I are about the same height. She's somewhat younger than me...probably about 10 years or so (judging from the age of her kids)...really cute...has that magnolia blossom skin with a few freckles across the nose and dark hair with some wave to it.

Now, as for what she thought of me....you'll have to wait and ask her yourself!

Mamacita
  • Oh Mamacita you are tooooo kind! (blush!)

Like Mama I had no expectations. She is very sweet and so is her DH (maybe BIL should take a lesson) lol! Shoulder length blondish hair. She does not look 10 years older than me either. I'm 36. I had a very good time! I can't wait til Mama comes to Huntsville again. I just hope I'm not gone to Mom's! lol Ya thought I had an accent? Hummmmm I hadn't ever noticed! lol
    Sorry I forgot the camera! DUH! I think a good time was had by all. Oh I'm not sayin what I had for lunch!!!!! lol (something to do with a flour shell!) lol Thanks for taking the time to come downtown to meet with me! Highlight of my trip! Now it's time to unpack! UGH!
  • Aw.....I wish I could have been there. I've met several 3FC members IRL and have enjoyed every encounter.
  • That sounds so fun!
    I'm still jealous. Ruth, who all have you met IRL!?
  • Ellis, Mauvais, Peachie, Jiffypop, Rubyrose, LindaBC and MEW, my daughter, of course. And I ain't done yet! I've also met about 25 people from my online garden group that tries to hold a meet every summer.
  • I'm glad you had a nice visit
  • So thrilled for both of you! I met Meg last summer and was thrilled to meet someone who got where I was, you know?

Bamie, a woman who sounded just like a southern belle out of GWTW was on my radio talk show yesterday. I thought of you.

Next time, ladies, I definitely expect pictures!