♥ FeBrUaRy WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Well, I finally broke down and got a membership at our local rec centre. Actually we bought a year family membership so DH can hit the weight room, DD can get used to the pool and I can use the cardio equipment.

Ontop of working out for an hour and a half on the bike, treadmill, stair-climber and eliptical, we headed out for a 4mi walk yesterday afternoon. It felt great to get all that exercise in! I've decided to hit the gym three times a week focussed on cardio for the first month or two, then from there I'll start to tone up.

Anyways ladies, I hope you're all keeping happy and healthy! Keep up all the excellent work! You're all doing fabulously! Take care of yourselves and best wishes!

~mel
  • Hi y'all! All is good my way. Still need to up my water more.. just not that thirsty. I mainly only drink water.. so I know it's not that I'm trying to avoid it. So I dunno..

Hope you all are having a good day! I'm so busy as usual, it's hard to get in here. But I wanted to say hi! So far so good on my Easter Challenge. I also want to add that my weight goal is 199 lbs. I want to be in Onederland so bad I can taste it!

Please wish me Good Determination! I don't want to get off track! So far, I'm ok tho.

Have a great nite.. talk to you soon.
  • Hey.. any ideas on a cheap way to work out on machines at a place that has a place for kids to be? I want to go work out from noon to 2pm every day when most of the kids are at school. I have looked at some regular gyms and they are too costly for me right now. I know some churches, community centers and parks have workout rooms...

Send ur thoughts!!
    Thanks!
  • Hi gals! How are ya? I'm still sick. Sinus stuff turning into a cold or something. I did manage to get another mile in last night. My boyfriend is actually getting interested in walking with me so we did laps at the mall last night. He even got a headphone splitter for his mp3 player so we can listen together while we walk. Yes, we did get a lot of stares. haha But who cares. We're getting fit together! I'm going to try to weigh in on my dads scale tonight. My scale at home must be lying to me cause it says I'm down to 182. I would love to believe it, but I'm going to get a 2nd opinion. Later gals!

OH, Selina-I would say either a community center or the YMCA. The community center is probably pretty cheap. My YMCA membership is $35 a month. Usually a $60 joining fee but sometimes they have 1/2 price specials. I tried a community center here once. I don't know if its different than most. It was $12 for the card for a year, then you pay monthly for the services you want. They had a package for the indoor track, weight room and aerobics for like $15 a month. Can't hurt to check some out. Good luck
  • Thanks Amy! I will check on those for sure! Hope you feel better soon.

Ok, I'm at 128.5 miles for the month. I am doing 15,000 steps a day for the rest of Feb. Plus trying for two days a week of 20,000 steps. I got in my two days at 20,000+ this week, plus since the 18th I've hit over my 15,000. I usually have to walk at least an extra hour, so with all the kids here, I have to go in circles around them if they play outside or I jog/walk in place when we are indoors. You really have to get creative! LOL.

We can do this! Have a great week! Hugsssss!!!!
  • 128.5 miles for the month! I cannot even imagine selina!
    girl YOU ROCK!

yea church's with a gym/rec room would probably be the cheapest. I got a coupon at Christmas and it was only $25 for 6 months at a local church. well worth the money.

amy- hope you feel better soon!

hey mel - wow that's a lot of exercise! how ya like the rec centre?

I've had an off week - just too dang busy - but I made myself go walk 2 miles on the treadmill after work today.

Feb Miles = 27.5

hugs,
    cathy
  • Thanks Cathy! You are doing well too! I'm just trying to rev up my engine so I'm doing 15,000 instead of the normal 10K. We'll see how it does for me.

Hope everyone is well.. I did good on food and water today.. Yay me! I just wanna keep up this momentum. I really wanna lose 8 lbs. from now to Easter. I gotta wear those jeans and they zip (barely) but are too tight! LOL. You should see me. I can't even really sit down in them. Ha ha. But ONE DAY they will fit! Hee hee. :laugh:

Ok, I'm cheering for everyone this week! Let's make it our best so far!!!

Hugs!!!!
  • Oh! And I looked up the local Y.. and it's $100 down and $54.00 a month for the whole family.. seven of us. Not too shabby, eh? So we are planning on starting when I get my income tax refund back in bc I wanna get some new walking shoes, etc. too. Lots of neat things to do there for kids too.. so we are excited, esp. with summer coming up. Thanks to those of y'all who gave me tips. I'm so glad I found this place! I wanna work out on the stairmasters and weight machines mostly. Oh and I wanna try the ellipticals. I have never used one, and my knees would thank me, from what I hear.

Ok, gotta go! hugs!!!!
  • good morning walking buddies!

I did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog dvd this morning.

Feb Miles = 30 (I think I reached my goal)

what's everybody doing today?

hugs,
    cathy
  • I finally got a pedometer, so I can join in now!!! I walked six miles today, and went for a one hour swim. It's half a mile to the pool, and half a mile home, and it snowed today!! There is something quite surreal about walking in the snow to have a swim!

The rest of the walking was done whilst shopping. I had a near accident with my swimsuit, I've lost a dress size, so had to get a brand new one! I managed to get a sports bra to fit me today, miracle of miracles, I can now bra shop in a standard store instead of the fat chicks shop (Evans in the UK), which doesn't do proper sports bras.
  • Well, I'm a little disappointed in myself. My goal for this month was 35 and I only did 25. I guess that's better than no miles at all, eh? Thank goodness tomorrow is March 1st so I'll have a clean slate to work with.
  • I think I'll be up to 815 minutes for the month by the end of the day today, unless I suddenly get inspired. Since that's just counting intentional walking and not the usual running around, I think that's pretty good. For some reason I find the minutes more fun to track than using the pedometer like I used to. Odd, I know.

Congrats to everyone whether or not you met your Feb. goals for sticking to it!
  • Good for you Selina! I think your whole family will enjoy the Y. I love the elliptical machines. It took me a while to get used to them, how to get it moving and all. And at first I could only do it for 10 minutes before I passed out. hahaha But once you get past that first 10 minutes its a lot of fun. You really get a full body workout since most of them use your arms too. Every leg muscle and your butt all get worked out. Good luck!

I managed to do just a quick 1/2 mile yesterday with the dogs. It was cold and they weren't really motivated to walk. haha But we tried. I didn't do much for the month but as the weather gets warmer I know I'll be outside walkin my tail off Later gals!
  • hey walkin buddies!

I've started up our March Walking Thread - you can get there by clicking on

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54171

see ya there!

hugs,
    cathy