Gas?

• I was planning on picking up the book today, but we are a little snowed in here in the Pittsburgh area! So I'm still lurking around looking at the foods and I had a thought. With all of the good veggies, beans, and milk, do you all have problems with well, gas? Large quantites of milk just about kill my stomach, and back in the day when I was following Susan Powter's low fat thing at times it could be, well not pleasant. One of my friends suggested some kind B12 to help digest protien. Any thoughts or other suggestions?
    Thank you!!!
  • Hmmm... it was never a problem for me, Lori... anyone else?
  • Actually I find I have less gas on this program than I did before. I used to have bloating, gas and heartburn. Now I consider gas my consequence for eating something off plan. Even the beans don't give me the problems they used to. Good luck! Hope it works the same for you.
  • I felt fairly gassy the first week, but it seems to have gotten better since then.
  • The beans kill me and I've found no cure............
  • Wendyjo, BEANO!
  • Do you have a milk allergy or sensitivity? Is it only milk that causes you stomach problems or all dairy products-yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese? Maybe you will need to do a dairy/milk free version of SBD?

Yes, gas was definately a problem for me in the begining. I switched from a very processed, refined diet with not a whole lot of fiber, so the veggies, beans and more veggies really did a number on my digestive tract. I figured out what were the worse offenders and for me it was cucumber seeds and green peppers. I know, I'm strange, if I de-seed the cucumbers I don't get the burpy gas. Slowly the entire digestive tract got used to the extra fiber in my diet and stopped embarrassing me.

Good luck
    Sarah
  • Ruth, Beano does Bunko for me!