SBD and Beer

• Has anyone here seen this article regarding SBD and beer? I just wondering how accurate this article is.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2157682&EDATE=
  • Hmmmmm....not sure of the accuracy of the article. Who knows? Interesting that Anheuser-Busch is in there! Anyhow, beer is carbs and calories no matter what way we look at it.
  • I too thought it was very interesting that Anheuser Busch was the source of this information. It would be nice to have a little diversity, there are some meals that just taste better with a cold beer.
  • I find extremely interesting that this article was written by Anheuser-Busch.
  • This article is quite interesting. It was certianly a point of interest for me when I started this diet...I knew i had to wait atleast two weeks before having alcohol, though I had planned on atleast a month, but I wasn't sure if beer would ever be re-introduced. Though I'm glad ot think it may be coming soon!
  • Note the date on the article.
  • I think its ok in moderation...Im sure it slows down weight loss, but I had a baby 14 months ago and I lost all 45-50lbs of my preg weight + 20 additional pounds doing a mix of SBD and SugarBusters...I drank light beer (Miller Lite or Mich Ultra) and still lost that weight. Miller Lite has 2.9grams of carbs per bottle...
    Im trying to start back on Phase 1 this week @ 100% so after that I'll drink a glass of wine instead of beer...and have a beer when I want to celebrate! But I enjoy having a beer now and then so Im not going to deprive myself or I'll never stick to a diet! LOL!
    Interesting article!
  • Calla -- I agree with you. I can't deprive or I set myself up to fail. I comprimise: instead of 4 beers, I may have 1 or 2 and no other alcohol.