What's For Dinner?

• We are having fish. I really don't like it but am planning to eat more of it in 2005. Get over it, Ruthie!

Here's what I'm doing - Phase I from our recipe section - Herbed Salmon.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...810#post525810
    Harry will have his with brown rice. I think I will do a pepper, zucchini and onion saute along with it.

What's on the menu for you?
  • Five Spice Chicken (would be phase 1 if you use arrowroot instead of cornstarch) - comes from the cookbook
    Sesame Ginger Asparagus (I'm adding green beans too, I just simmer them for one minute before adding the asparagus) - phase 1 also from cookbook
    Uncle Ben's Converted rice - phase 2
  • T-Bones! Whoo hoo! Probably with either a big salad or some sort of veggie mix on the side. Maybe I'll make a sauce for the steaks. Hmmm... Question: Broth is OK, right? What about homemade beef stock? I make my own and freeze it, it's just bones and veggies and pepper, simmered for hours then put through a fine mesh collander.
  • Abadoozy, as long as there isn't a lot of fat in the broth, you're fine. If so, just skim it off and use the rest. Sounds good!

I'm eating at school tonight, so am going to bring a WW tortilla and do a burrito and a large salad with broc., cauli, chick peas, and lots of other veggies. Last night, though, I tried this great turnip and greens recipe. It was really yummy, so I'll have to share when I remember to bring the cookbook to work with me. It's from Moosewood Restaurant, a vegetarian restaurant up in Ithaca. I also had Sherry Vinegar chicken from Cooking Light (see www.cookinglight.com) and also Spaghettini with Oil and Garlic from Cooking Light. Yummy!
  • Sarah's Chili
    Chili w/xtra lean ground beef and the other chili stuff--zucchini too.. My homemade recipe. DP said we can have chili every night or make that every other night he's likes the Taco Bake I made last night
  • I am having chicken and a salad and the rest of the family will have rice with theirs. sounds boring to what some of you guys are having.
  • Ruth, please make extra, and FedEx it to me.
  • I have no clue, since I need to do the food shopping tonight! Probably something fairly quick, like steaks and salad (thank goodness for the prepackaged salads!)
  • I'm having salmon and asparagus...my family is having meatloaf and mashed potatoes...
  • Dinner
    We are having beef fahitas with green peppers, onions, avocado and refried beans. I will probably have mine without the shell.
  • I am making spaghetti for the family & I will be having a nice grilled chicken salad.
  • Ok, so hubby just called, weather is getting bad again outside & we need to run to wal-mart which closest one is 20mins away. LOL Baby needs diapers/wipes, etc.. Sooo, instead of spaghetti, we're gonna go out & eat. Probably McDonald's. I'll be good...I'll resist the temptation of something baaad. LOL Salad for me still.
  • Well we are having pork loin. Winn Dixie has them buy one get one free! Yipee! That's about the only way I will buy them. I'll probably fix taters for the crew and I'll have some veggies. Probably turnip greens! I love the canned ones by Allen's they are southern style and have a nice lil kick to them!
  • Seared peppered ahi tuna with asian sesame sauteed cabbage and steamed snow peas.