Wanted - info on 'e-diets' for new girl

• Hi All - Nook the new girl here ! I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I was after some info on these new 'e-diets' that are popping up. I think one of the main ones is linked to tescos and they draw up some kind of diet plan (apparently you can chose the kind of diet and how much you want to lose etc) and then they tell you what to buy that will fit in with that plan.
    Anyone used one of these yet ? If so - what are they like ?

Cheers - Nook !
  • There is a specific site called EDiets that works as you describe. You sign up and pay so much per month, and you tell it your goals and preferences, such as whether you want to use mostly convenience foods or cook your own meals. Then it gives you a menu each week, complete with recipes if you have chosen to make any meals on your own.

I have a friend who used it and liked it, but it can be expensive at first because it gives you a lot of variety. It might call for Raisin Bran for breakfast one day in a week, but then you will have 6 other things for breakfast that week instead of Raisin Bran.
  • I just found out with ediets you pay for the diet plan and then they have to pay seperately for the support boards. I can't believe they make you pay for the support boards.
  • You also have to pay to get access to the recipes, and some other features. I was really surprised when I tested them last year! However, a lot of people are really happy with them.
  • eDiets changed their subscription structure some time ago. It used to be an all inclusive price - but that was too much for many people (about $5 per week?). So they split up subscriptions for each product; diet plan, support boards, recipes and content. This simply means that you can get the diet plan tools only for $2.99 per week.

I think eDiets is good, but their subscription model is very confusing - your never quite sure what you're getting.
  • e-diet -decision
    Hi all - thanks for all the info etc - I have decided to give the e-diet a go. After weighing up (pardon the pun) all the pros and cons I think it will help me stay on the straight and narrow, if I have specific plan to work to with shopping lists and recipes etc. You can also keep a diary online and according to the testimonials on the site, the support you get is very good.

Wish me luck - I'll let you know how I get on !!