Another newbie

• Hello! I'm another New Year Newbie to the SB diet, and looking forward to getting started.

I lost about 40 pounds on Atkins a few years ago, though I never did really count carbs the way that a lot of people do. I did it mostly through common sense, and by walking to and from work every day. After a big break up I slipped back into old habits, and stopped walking every day and (of course) I gained back everything I'd lost with another 20 pounds to spare. As much as I've tried going back to Atkins over the years, I just can't stick with it for long. I should point out here that I was never a 'pound of bacon a day' kind of Atkins dieter - I know better - but I did find myself relying too much on processed meat products and full-fat cheeses, and it felt unhealthy. I picked up the SB book on a whim a few weeks ago and read it through twice before deciding it was the plan for me. I actually do cook every day, and can go home for lunch, so I think with a little planning I'll be able to clean up my eating. I'm all set to go home and roast a chicken tonight, actually, to nibble on this week.

I'm glad to be here, and look forward to reading your posts!

Reve

SW -235
    CW -235
    GW -155
  • South Beach is a great way of eating - especially if you like to cook. Check out our recipe section. I am always trying new recipes from the South Beach cookbook or the recipe forum or altering existing recipes that I already had. Welcome to the Beach!
  • Reve, welcome!

This is a great support and the ladies here have lots of great suggestions on how to make SBD work for you. I understand what you mean about wanting to eat more healthily. This plan definitely does that! Welcome to the beach!
  • Adding my WELCOME! to that of the others. This is a healthy eating plan. You'll love it!
  • Welcome, Reve! Sounds like you've got a good mind set!
  • Welcome!!!

Looking forward to talking to you.

These girls here are the greatest!!!
  • Welcome! Stick your toes in the sand and stay awhile!
  • Hey Chick welcome to the beach!
  • Welcome Reve! I lived with someone who was on the Atkins diet and after noting the differences between that and SBD, I can honestly tell you, you will feel so much better on SBD. I feel healthier and like I am taking good care of myself... not like I am on a diet, but like I am learning how to eat well.