Teachers Successfully Losing Weight/winter 2005

You're on Page 1 of 27
Go to
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night, we went to a friend's house for a party. We met some new people, one of which was soooooo funny, I couldn't stop laughing. I drank several cosmopolitans...I lost count after five. I ended the evening with an apple martini. It was too tart and kind of turned my stomach. I didn't drink the champagne. That was the end of the alcohol consumption. Believe it or not, I didn't get sick, and I don't have a hangover today...although I totally expected one. Maybe because I didn't mix the alcohol. I am exhausted though. I'm not used to keeping these crazy hours. DD was amazing and slept in till 9:30. She has NEVER slept past 8:00.

I am proud of all of you. You all seem to keep your eyes on the prize. You have continued to exercise. You are all amazing. I have certainly indulged myself this holiday season. I enjoyed myself, but soon I will be back in control of my eating and exercising. I will be back on the South Beach Diet and my exercise program on Monday.

I would love to do a ticker. I had read a while back that we weren't allowed to use them. But, since they appear to be okay, I would like one too. Could someone tell me how to set one up for myself?

Welcome 2005 and all that comes with it!!!
  • Happy New YEAR!
    May 2005 be THE year that all of us FatChicks turn ourselves into SmallerHotChicks!

(((hugs)))

Summer....These tickers are 3FC made and approved! Get yours by clicking on mine! Read the directions...not that you won't...but it took me a few attempts to get mine embedded using the correct code!

Ginny.... I'm so glad that *I* am your favorite BIG mouth! I wouldn't want it any other way! (LOVE your command of the language when describing your dd's ex! YOU go, Mom! He is such a total jerk!)

Mousie.... Where are you? I hope things with Dad are going ok.... You are in my thoughts!

Kerry.... I hope that you are having a GREAT time visiting your family!

Wow.... this thing with fonts and colors is MUCH easier to use!

• Thanks Robyn! It took me a while, but I eventually got it right.
  • So where is everyone today?!

Glad you got it working, Summer! (Love your flowers!)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful first day of the new year! I can't believe that the vacation from school is nearly over! sighhhhhh.......

take care! I'm off to do my WATP tape! I said I was gonna move! I've GOTTA move!

• I'd like to try out this forum. I'm a 6th grade teacher, had a very stressful December vacation (my 12 year old son is going through a nasty time). I have reached my WW goal, attained lifetime membership in November. Now my struggle is keeping the weight off without constantly obsessing about food/points/how I feel about myself at the lower weight.

Would definitely like more support in this journey.

Happy new year to everyone.
  • Welcome Elana!

I am also the mom of a 12 year old ds who is DAYS (he keeps telling me exactly how many but I'll spare you!) away from 13! What a wonderful wacky beast he has blossomed into since last year! 6th grade.... guess you are accustomed to the wacky wondeful beasts who are sprouting chin hairs...OMG! NO one asked ME if he could do THAT! I teach 1st grade.... and would die if EVER left alone in a room full of 11 year olds! EEEK! More power to you!

Congratulations on attaining Lifetime! How long did it take you to get there?! I have made the traditional / proverbial New Years Resolution...... and I'm *only* (choke / chortle) 45 pounds from reaching my personal goal! I turn 40 in 16 weeks.... and I am hoping to be getting close to getting back into my "good clothes" by then! (Long story! Will spare you THAT as well!)

You will find much support in this thread! There are wonderful people here! ....... WE know what it is like to chug water and not be able to get to a restroom for HOURS!

Take care and please come back to visit us!
    meee
  • Hi!
    Robyn- ok so every day we can now ask you if you have gotten any excercise or not...and drinking tea, while not a bad thing in itself does not count as a workout for your biceps! Loved the obstacles.......we all suffer from one or another from time to time. thanks for posting them. One thing I know about excercise, is that you have to schedule it in your day- plan on it- just like you would plan on taking that shower each day. You deserve to treat yourself to the stress relief of a workout! (how's that for a gentle kick in the a**)

Summer- you sweet friend you. Thanks for the kind words.....this has been a tough vacation. I needed them....
    Well, brain dead me, just noticed that Summer most likely started a new thread.......see ya there! (I'lll copy and paste this over there too)
    Ginny

Elana! Welcome!!!!!!!!! (I left a rather long bio on myself at the end of the last thread, I too am on WW) Congrats on making lifetime!!!!!! How much did you lose total! What an awesome accomplishment......please fill us in with the details! I have been on WW 2 years, lost 25# and these last few are getting the best of me. But then so is life....... How do you feel at your new weight???? You deserve to feel good, look your best! I am afraid that you will always be somehow connected with the points system, but I think if you approach it as more of a daily range...give yourself the lowest points value at the bottom and add some flex points to obtain the upper number and try to stay within that. (hope I am making some sense) Or keep things like your breakfast and lunch fairly static- allowing greater variation (and change to alleviate boredom) for dinner. That way point counting is really not needed for 1/2 of your day becuase it stays pretty much the same and then just worry about your evening points. I dunno, I am just foaming at the mouth- but I do know that I have certain strategies that work for me- days that my eating is pretty unchanged until dinner and I allow myself to use some flex points then. Or those times that I allocate the more adventurous eating during the am and have a nice salad for dinner to keep the day under control.

As for me, we enjoyed the 50 degree weather and went for a hike. (Dh too!). Poor Dd went with us- she came home with a stomach bug/nerves (did anyone here know that I want to torture/murder/disfigure/permenantly maul/incarcerate her former Bf?????!!!!!) We have spent most of the day trying to comfort this poor kid- she spent half of the nite throwing up.....and today sobbing. Hey...don't they need some more prisoners for Camp XRay??????? I gotta nominee!!!!!!!
    Nuff of me blabbering. Dd (the younger one) wants to go to bed......me too!!!!!
    Mouse and Kerry, hope you are doing fine!
    See ya tomorrow!
    Ginny
  • Duh, just leaving another post to get me subcribed here.....see ya.
    Ginny
  • Ginny, Ginny, Ginny! You found your way out of the old thread and into the new?! I missed you today! ...and for your info.... ...

YES! I took a 2 mile walk with Leslie and my favorite 2 pound dumb bells (my weights...not my boys!) today! YES! I drank enough water to float a ship! YES! I ate within control! YES! I am SERIOUS!

Summer, Thanks for starting the new thread! Did you have better luck with your connection today?! I'd go nuts dealing with it the way that it was yesterday! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your NewYear's Eve party!

Has anyone heard from Mousie?

I am nearly done with my homework.... why oh WHY do I have to do homework no matter WHAT?! But it is nearly done!

I am off to plan the food for the week and make a shopping list. Tomorrow my plans are to get up before the rest of the family, exercise and then head off to the store to get the shopping done!

I am going to participate in the new book study in the Maintainer's Thread for _Thin For Life_. Why not another book! Maybe THIS one will be the ONE! I got it from my mother for Christmas... (She asked, I directed!) Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is interested... I've read a few chapters... It DOES make sense! (More than Dr.Phil did *FOR ME*!)

Okey...enough from me......again! Too many posts from me in one day makes it look like I've done nothing but sit at the computer.... which wouldn't be tooooo far from the truth today!

Ya'll take care!
    mmmeee
  • Elana: WELCOME TO THE TEACHERS' THREAD!!! You will not only find a great deal of support here, but you will also get a good laugh once in a while. We are a sarcastic bunch.

Sandi: I didn't see you on the old thread. I hope you find us here.

Robyn: It is so nice to see the "old Robyn" again. You went through some real rough stuff a while back, and it is really great to see you feeling happier again. You are so much fun when you are happy or pissed off. But when you are sad, it is the saddest thing to see. So, I'm glad to have you back again!!! Congrats on keeping up with the program through all of this. Exercise...what's that? Does that include walking from the couch to the refrigerator...mixing, pouring, and sipping another cosmopolitan...laughing at a really hysterical movie?! Do any of those count? I could list one bit of physical activity I have frequented lately, but I'd better skip it! Tomorrow is my day to return to South Beach and strolling along it (well, a girl can dream, can't she?)

Ginny: God I feel so awful for your daughter. Nobody deserves to be broken-hearted and sick with a stomach virus at the same time!!! Keep her hydrated. You know as well as I do that this too shall pass, but it is so hard to explain that to a newbie. Feel hugs and pass them on to her. As for the lowlife who broke her heart and then rubbed her nose in it...I'm still thinking of the proper punishment. He should at the very least be flogged.

Mousie: Yoo hoo!!! For once I'm here...where are you so I can talk to ya?

Kerry: I'm sure you are enjoying your family.

Today I've already written my lesson plans. Now I'm off to fold my clean laundry, clean my bedroom, and prepare for tomorrow...AAAAHHHHH!!! This vacation was utterly enjoyable as far as seeing friends, but I didn't get a friggin thing done. I was sooooo unproductive. But I did have fun.
  • .........HEY.........WHY did you look at MEEE when you said that we're a sarcastic bunch??? Huhhh??? Actually, I will admit...Sarcasm is JUST another service I offer!

I had logged on to check in....BUT.... dh wants lunch......
    and he is rolling his eyes as he sees me posting here...YET AGAIN...what DO I have to talk to strangers about?? LOL HIM!

Ok...gotta run ......will return...... Sarcasm and all!

((hugs))
  • Hello! I would like to join this thread as well. I am new to the boards! I teach elementary library media and computers in Nebraska. My school serves PreK-6 as well as 6 special education classrooms ranging from Early Childhood Special Ed to Severe/Profound to multi-handicapped. The wide range is challenging, yet I learn something new every day and love my job.

My husband and I just started the South Beach Diet. I also go to Jazzercise at least 3 times a week.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and hope I can give as much support as I get!

Take care!
  • Welcome Nalaminu!!!! (me being a bear of very little brain, I will probably misspell your name every other day.....but I mean well.) We are a wild bunch here....wonderful, lovable bunch of ladies, whom I have grown very, very fond of in the past 9 months. All sincere, caring individuals, we share in the trials, laughter, frustration and joy of educating/caring for students- dealing with their families, uncooperative admistrations (got that one in for you,Mouse!), stupid regulations..... and some really great professionals. One of the things I love most about this board is that you can really let it all out after an awful day with the kids......noone judges.....just supports and comforts (and makes us laugh!). We all know that the next day it could be our turn. So welcome. I am the resident bus driver here...left my bio in the last board a few days ago, so I will not bore you with it here. I look foward to getting to know you better. It sounds as though you have a good game plan going- both a food management program and excercise program. Good luck!

Robyn, Robyn, Robyn........I just love your sarcasm, Hon!!!! And it is good to see you back "in form". But we all have those bad days....weeks......months... and are here for you no matter what! Another day of serious eating control and excercise!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!!
    Just a gentle nudge.....you are doing so well.......just make sure you have a game plan to get you thru the stress you know you will see in the next week as we all face the inevitable. OK?

Summer- thanks for the condolences for Dd. I spent most of the afternoon holding her while she cried....then when I was spent Dh took over. She has improved a bit...after she hit rock bottom, I asked her brother to let her race him with his new PS2 (thankfully, he rose to the occasion and was happy to do so) and then we all played 2 rounds of Clue later. She is feeling better physically, and has eaten a lot of jello, which has stayed down. Today lite solid food seems to be staying down too, in small quantities. I am SO glad for you that you had a fun vacation. The housework???? Aw so what! Ok, I know it would be nice to return to an organized home, but after the fall you had, I think the quality time with friends was much more important. BTW, thanks for the Christmas card/newsletter. I really enjoyed reading it. (sorry for being such a crumb and taking this long to remember to acknowledge it!).
    I do hope that you can return to work with your batteries recharged.

Kerry- how did the visit with your family go?
    Mouse- hope you have gotten some down time in too!

Me? I took both Dd's to church this am.....Dh and Ds went to Ds's pitching coach. I think church was just what Dd needed.....the message seemed almost written for her needs and she emerged a new person. And this week was communion Sunday......and as always the pastor tells us not to take communion if we have any unconfessed sin.....well, I know I had to forgive her Bf.... so I did....and Lord willing can now move on to help Dd heal from this.
    I did a WATP tape for 2 miles and am planning on going for a real walk in a few minutes.....eating today has been great and I have journalled everything.
    Got a game plan for dinner too! So as long as the stress does not eat me up (or I eat everything in the fridge!) I should end up well for today.

DO WE REALLY HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!!! AUGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Please think of me, as I fire up #234 (my luxury 65 passenger vehicle) tomorrow am at 7:45, preparing to face the masses. In a small way, I welcome the return of the routine....just dread the lack of any time to breathe. I have babbled enough. Enjoy the remaining hours of sanity!
    Ginny
  • Thanks for the welcome Ginny! You can call me Nally for short if you want!
  • Thank you all for the nice welcome! I am trying out 24 points and seeing if that keeps me at a good weight, with enough to eat and feeling balanced. I was able to exercise often during vacation, and should be able to keep up 2-3 workouts per week once school starts again. Yes, I know 4 or 5 would be better but that's not happening for me right now. I go to the YMCA very close to my house for either an interval class or some time on the bike plus weights/stretching.

On the one hand, I'm very ready for school to start tomorrow because my own 2 children (son 12, daughter 7) are really bored and antsy. On the other hand, I didn't relax/recharge nearly as much as I wanted to.

I made a very tasty bean/leafy greens soup this afternoo. We are having it for dinner tonight plus I can bring it to work for the week. If I don't make a big deal about it being healthy, there's a good chance my kids will eat it without complaining.

Hope everyone has a good week back in the trenches.