January Challenge!

You're on Page 10 of 11
Go to
  • 1 - 2 - 3 - 4!

TLJL Rocks Some More! Go T - Go T - Go, go, go T!

WAY TO GO, TLJL!

Hey - you're welcome; remember YOU did it! We just listened and nodded, and perhaps prodded at times. But it was your choices and your decision to make this happen, so be proud!

I don't think I'll be making my goal, but I will be pretty close, which is excellent - I feel pretty proud too! Yay!

Solarmama
  • hi girls,

Having a good day..as good days go. Nearing the end of the January Challenge and still have a pound to go. BUT I WILL DO IT!

Karen: I have never heard of punk rock aerobics, but I like the idea! If there ever is a video produced, let us know! I have the Windsor Pilates DVDs and, boy, it is harder than it looks!

SeeCat: Glad to hear you are off your plateau. Think positive, February is right around the corner - fresh start, new beginnings.

T: GOOD FOR YOU! Now matter how we get there - baby steps or big steps - it's all good. Congratulation! You sound like you have learned a lot of new things about yourself this month - what things helped you, what lessons you learned from mistakes, etc. Add them to your arsonal of personal knowledge and growth and they will help you with the next phase. Hugs!

Solarmama: I agree with you. Even if we don't make our goals, anything we learn about ourselves on this journey is positive, even if it is learning from wrong choices. It just makes us stronger in the next round.

Sweetpea
  • Well I met the 5 pound challenge, but only because I'm sick with pneumia, and have zero appitite. I went to emerg Wed and had a lung xray, and one lung is full of pneumia. The antibiotic the doctor prescribed me gave me an allergic reaction, so back to emerg I had to go. I'm on track now, just ate 2 toasted malt breads with some cheddar on top. Now I'm going back to bed, to listen to my lungs moan and crackle! I hate being sick, I make a miserable invalid.
  • T- Crongatulations!!!!! you are off to a great start for the year!

Seecat: plateaus suck - glad you have started moving off yours

Go karen!

Morrganna: sorry to hear you are sick - get better soon!

I am down 4 out of 5lbs for the challenge - I am going to work had this weekend end at losing that lat lb!

Instead of eating out tonight like DH and I usually do I am making a mushroom and gorgonzola cheese pasta dish that fits in my point range
  • Tgif!!
    Just wanted to say...have a good weekend, all. I am off to my inlaws for the weekend of birthday celebrations. I have been meditating all day to get into a good frame of mind....and be strong against temptations.

Mauv: I am working on that laaaaaast pound, too. Your dinner sounds yummy!

Morrganna: GET WELL SOON!

**See my previous post for notes to the rest of you all.

Sweetpea
  • Enjoy your birthday celebrations!
  • I think I'll make something with chicken and sausages and veggies. With a spicy sauce. And rice. That would be nice. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I'm laying low, and might rent a dvd for tonight.
  • Hello ladies. Another weigh in today. I am down 6lbs. Hurray. I have been skimping on the exercise, though, and did not meet my personal goal of 20 minutes a day. I did the last two days of exercise, though, and plan to do Pilates tonight, tomorrow and Sunday, so there's hope yet. One more lb to meet my weight loss goal for January. Sweet Pea and Mauvaisroux, looks like we're in that same boat with this last stupid pound. Good luck to us this weekend. Morrganna, I hope you feel better. Laying low is smart, don't want to overdo it and make yourself worse.
  • Congratulations on the 6lbs Karen!!!!

Hope you are feeling better Morrganna

Well I made the fettucine with gorgonzola cheese and mushroom sauce on Firday and my DH and I really enjoyed it If anyone is interested in the recipe it is under the 3FC low fat recipes - meatless entrees - section on the main page
  • Hi All!!! I pretty much blew off January, but I want to get going for a February challenge. I've been lying around under the covers a lot for the past month! Friday night i went to bed at 6:30 am, woke up at 2 am, fell back to sleep at 3 am, and slept until 7!! I've been feeling more awake since then, so I obviously needed it, but YEESH!!!

Congratulations to all you losers!! AND you those of you who are plateauing. You are STILL sticking with it, and that in and of itself is a VICTORY!! You are all an inspiration, and watching your successes is part of the reason I am getting up off the couch to join you. THANKS!

Morrganna-Hope you feel better! Pneumonia is NASTY, but the allergic reaction on top of it must have really left you wiped out.
  • Healing, healing. I'm fine walking around but stairs leave me gasping and coughing. It's a drag. Makes me appreciate my usual lung capacity, and makes me want to start to run again, in the spring. Food is tasting better too, so soon I'll be more enthusiastic about making soups and dinners. The weather has finally become a balmy minus 2c, such a treat after the nasty cold we've been having. Two youngest children have left their speeches until the last possible minute, not nice, so a lot of today has been taken up with moans and groans from them and typing from me. Hope every one else has had a great weekend.
  • I started a new challenge thread for February but will leave this one open until Feb 2. so that people can still post January results and review their goals.
  • I lost another 1/2lb. this weekend bringing my total for January to 6.5lbs. But I missed my challenge by 1/2 a lb. That sucks. My personal goal of 20 minutes of exercise a day was sporatic, too. Hoping to make it up in February. Congratulations to everyone who met their challenge!
  • Big congrats to all, losers and not. Everyone did a lot of work this month and should be proud....one day at a time.

I had one of those weekends....blah.... a baby shower with lots of deserts did me in. I am finding that I can do really well in my own home, but don't let me out in public. I am putting the weekend behind me and starting new.(again)

Creating new habits is sure hard.

I am moving on to the Feb. challenge and look forward to saying goodbye to another 5 lbs.

T
  • Well, I was thinking I didn't make my goal, but it turns out, my goal was set so low I DID make it. I did manage to get myself up to two days per week at the gym, actually did 3 days last week. And I did get all my meals cooked and I am prepared all the way through February. Time to think up a new goal and post on the new thread!

Great job ladies, and thanks for always being an inspiration.