Nurturing the nuts

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Thanks Ellis and Mauvais!
  • Sending good vibes their way, Den.
  • Thanks sweetie!! How are you doing?
  • I'm adding your folks to my (admittedly sketchy) meditations this week, Dentrassi.

Along with the survivors struggling in SE Asia and Indonesia this week. Poor souls!

Anyone heard of a relief fund that we could send some support to?

Solarmama
  • Thanks Solar! You are right about the survivors in SE asia too; the news just keeps getting worse every day. Just awful...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/quake_aid
  • Oh, good... you found something, Den. I was going to say, Solar, that I know of some in Canada, but not in the States. I knew there had to be something out there...
  • I was just thinking about that this morning. Definitely sending prayers to the survivors and to the people who lost their loved ones.

ellis- so you know what organizations are gathering donations here?
  • Thanks a lot Dentrassi, I was not having any luck with info on relief funds.

Take care,
    Solarmama
  • Yup, I think the red Cross is helping too, but I'm not sure about that.
  • Mauvais, I know there's the Red Cross...
    https://www.strategicprofitsinc.com/...ross/index.php

Oh, hang on...
    * Canadian Red Cross, toll-free at 1-800-418-1111
    * World Vision toll-free at 1-800-268-5528
    * UNICEF Canada at 1-877-955-3111
    * Oxfam Canada at 1-800-GO-OXFAM
    * Canadian Catholic Organization for Development and Peace, at 1-888-664-3387
    * Canadian Tamil Congress at 1-416-751-8777
    * Canadian Relief Organization for Peace in
    Sri Lanka at 1-416-429-2822
    * Christian Children's Fund of Canada at 1-800-263-5437
    * UJA Federation of Greater Toronto at 416-631-5705
  • Thanks ellis!
  • Since you gals are so great at sending your positive vibes out into the world, my family sure could use some right now.

My grandfather is in the hospital with double pnumonia and congestive heart problems. And my mom, dad and brother are in the path of a category 5 hurricane/cyclone that is due to hit later tonight or tomorrow.

Why they ever moved over seas I'll never know. But if it hits, they will probably not be in contact with anyone off the island for at least 2 or 3 weeks. So there will probably be a lot of worrying in my future. Sigh.
    Anyway, thanks guys.
  • Lizziness - Lots of vibes & hugs
  • Lizziness - sending prayers to your grandfather and for your family overseas
  • Oh, Lizzi... I am saying prayers for all of your family right now, sweetie... I wish I could take away your worry...