Battle of the Bulge #2

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Hi guys! Here is our new week- next time I will do this at the beginning of Sunday so I will probably switch it over Sat night really late so we can put our progress on the new weeks thread. Sorry- I am still feeling my way through this.

Enjoy the new thread and talk to you later,

Question for tomorrow: If you knew you were going to be stuck on an island and could only take 3 things what would they be?? and why?? You can start tonight if you want to..

Until later-
  • #1 a boat that works
    #2 enough gas to get me back to the mainland after I had enough of island life
    #3 my hubby to keep me company

Crimegirl, Yes I am in school. I have a break until January. I decided last year that I would go back for my doctor of physical therapy. I already have a degree in PT but I always wanted to go back. I do not know what I was thinking! I now work full time and go to school full time, but I only have a year left of school work.

It is kind of embarassing for me to have gained this 40 + pounds especially when educating people on healthy lifestyles is part of my everyday job. I guess it is kind of like the doctors you see smoking outside of the hospital! Another thing that woke me up is seeing patients in their 30's who have already had heart attacks. That is really scary!
  • Crime Girl - you're doing a great job leading us!!! Keep up the great work. This is the most encouraging board I've seen and I'm so excited to be part of it!!

Stormy - I'm a massage therapist in a Naturapathic MD's office. I can completey relate to how you feel about gaining weight while you're suppose to represent a healthy lifestyle. I feel so guilty...to make matters harder, the MD's treat me for free and watched me gain all this weight - AFTER they taught me how to eat for my body. They put me on a program specifically for me, and I lost all this weight - then gained it. Couldn't have been more obvious I wasn't following their program...and waisted all their free treatment. Then all the clients are on their own diets too and I have to suppor them through it and I'm not even behaving myself. I can understand how you feel!! You're doing great now though and that's the important thing...plus you can look at all these people are really know where they're coming from (maybe you could do that before - don't know). Either way, I'm glad you're here. You'll hit your goal in no time!
  • Guess who...
    Hi everyone!

Just jumping on to see what is up and how you guys are doing!

Stormy- LOL!! I love your list!!! You are so clever!! I love it! That really cheered me up so thanks!! As you know- I am in school too so I totally know how you feel although I am getting a masters in Criminology so not as much pressure to be skinny. Although- I got to tell you I have a lot of skinny people in my program so they make me feel like a blimp- and they are 7-8 years younger than me too. Anyway- so glad you are chatting and active on the board- I know you will hit your goal before you know it! Keep up the great work and don't lose that wonderful wit!

Little grasshopper- you do realize that the docs you work with don't expect you to be perfect, right? They realize you are human and I know they are applauding you getting motivated and trying to lose weight. It sounds like you are in a caring enviroment and that is great! The pressure to lose is good but don't think that they are thinking that you didn't take their advice. I only know you on this board and I know you have a lot of drive and ambition. I am sure they see that too.
    Also- Thanks for the kind words- I love this board and I am glad that you are getting as much out of it as me. This has done me so much good- it feels so great to know that I have a circle of people that understand my pain and can help celebrate my victories!

Keep up the great work everyone!!! If I can help anyone in anyway just let me know! I am out of school so I am going to concentrate on staying busy and not sitting on the couch.
    More later from me -
    :
  • Ok, so I just typed a nice long response, and lost it! I'm going to try to repeat everything, and if for some reason both show up, I apologize in advance!!!

My birthday weekend binging is over, and I am now going to rededicate myself to this thread, to all of you, and to my personal quest to lose weight! I am going to do my best to eat better and move much more this week!

Three things on an island..
    1. matches - I'm not "Survivor" material, so I'd never have a fire without them!
    2. bottled water - I love my water, and I certainly wouldn't want to boil it before drinking all the time.
    3. some form of entertainment, probably my best friend Allie. We could entertain each other for hours on end!

Welcome to all of our new members! You will find that this group is immensely supportive and encouraging! Visit often!!!

Have a great night! Best of luck to everyone in starting their week, and to successfully accomplishing this week's goals! I'll talk to you all tomorrow!!!
  • Recap of our week...
    I thought I would do a little recap of all our victories and such for this week and every week on Sundays....
    So for this week-

Little grasshopper- Walked Monday and Wed 2 miles around the lake while thinking of her future as a competitive marathon runner. Her plans are to maximize her yoga, get back into rock climbing, and of course buy some sexy panties once she meets her goal. In case you didn't know already she is a rice fanatic and I am sure we may have to one day put her into a "rice anonymous" program. Also-she has a dog that likes to snack on squirrels and is known in the squirrel kingdom by the nickname Cujo She has also lost 5 pounds this week and we are all so proud of her and we all knew she could do it!

Susanne- - She is diligently trying to get to the end of her semester- she has battled evil ice cream **** bent on trying to get her to eat it and still found time to hit the gym hard this week. When she meets her goal she is going to go to ballet lessons and plans to wear her bra on her head (no- wait- she wants her bra not to fit on her head) For those that don't know-she will be in "egg beater"anonymous class right next door to little grasshopper. She also lost 5 pounds this week and we are equally thrilled for her and proud of her accomplishment! We never doubted she could do it. !

oraki- She has been choosing healthy options for herself to eat and has stuck with her weight loss plan all week. She has exercised and worked hard all week long! She wants to learn to dance in high heels when she hits her goal and looks forward to the getting frisky with her hubby as well. She has lost 7 pounds this week and we are elated!! We all knew she had it in her!

Donna- - She started the week with us with a bang and then was heard no more- we are hoping to hear from her soon. She avoided carrot cake at work, and her son got engaged this week! She plans to go bicycling to the mall to buy off rack clothes to look fab at her son's wedding once she meets her goal weight. I am not sure how much she has lost but I am sure she has done well this week.

Michimesh- Had a harder week than probably the rest of us- her mom is sick and she is in our thoughts and prayers. Despite the personal strife- Michimesh went to her first WW meeting this week! She works FT and goes to school FT so she is a busy lady! When she hits her goal she wants to stare at her gorgeous self in the mirror ( I am betting she is already gorgeous) and buy herself some sexy clothes to show off her new bod! I am not sure how much she has lost this week but she was doing so well last we spoke! I bet she lost some this week and she should be really proud of herself!

Phoenix walker- started the week with us and then was heard no more- hope she is OK. She was a real inspiration this week by walking with her little ones to workout! Despite the hardship she has not given up and I bet she has done well this week.

Jazzmine- She started the week with a bang getting 20,000 steps in right off the bat! Then the poor girl got sick- (hope you are feeling better) but she still stuck with her plan. Not sure how well she did but I am betting really well! We miss you- come back soon!

kjk- She joined us during the week and we are happy to have her. She works really long hours and has made a commitment to losing weight. She plans to ride roller coasters, go swimming, and take a vacation when she gets to her goal. She also is getting a tattoo- I am not sure where on her bod and of what but it is a pact with friends. Her Birthday was this week! Happy Birthday!!

cinisha- She has been staying on her 1600 calorie diet and resisiting Burger King right out of her door at work. She has decided on having no junk in her house to derail herself and has been to the gym all week! Great job! She also had someone ask if she lost weight this week- bet that felt good. She wants to take some great pics of herself when she meets her goal weight.

Red Balloon and stormy- They have also joined us this week and we are so happy to have them on board. Stormy has already shown a 2 pound weight and I am sure they both will have a lot of success!! Welcome!

Me- I finished off my semester this week and stayed on plan for most of it. Despite my gain on the scales I am going to play the theme song to Rocky over and over until I get out there and show those scales who is boss!

for everyone!!!!
  • Hi ladies ..I don't have a scale in the house yet so I'll have to check in tomorrow with my progress. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

My three things stuck on an island:
    1.a boat with everything on it(bed, toilet paper, water..)
    2.a friend..preferably male
    3.a cellphone
  • GOod Morning!

...do I feel like posting?..no.....am I stressed out?..yes...do I feel like gabbing?.....no....so why am I here?..... because this is my worse mood when I say the **** with it and just eat myself silly ....so here I am here to whine at you all before I drag my unwilling butt to the gym. This is one of those days when everything gets to me and I could just as easily walk around crying about everthing and nothing and gain 10 pounds doing it....If I dont keep posting and gabbing I will fall off the wagon....ok Im going to start another message as I got interupted and am not sure this will post..
  • Hi Again!

Stormy, I gained 50 pounds in 3 years of school...that was after losing 65. I couldnt get to the gym and for me, I dont think I can lose without becoming a gym rat. My knees are starting to bother me as well. Im glad you mentioned what you take for it.

Redballoon, measurements are good along with weight! I know what you mean... I work out too.

Grasshopper... I use to eat only organic. I was losing back then. I think I was just making better choices. I have to admit I felt a lot better as if I was on vitamins. When you eliminate all processed food, you feel a lot different.

Welcome back KJK!

I am running out of time so HI TO EVEYRONE ELSE!!

Crime Girl we are so blessed to have you as our leader.. I LOVED the synopsis. It helps keep us on top of things and helps us remember each others details.Thank you !! And remember...you are the boss!! ..the scale is little.. you can definately win a fight with it...it is a slimy, sneaky little bugger though..

Ok, least I be late and miss working out... I'm off... I'll be back later to whine....and hopefully I can tell you all that I let the house and was able to behave! Its like having ice cream cheerleaders in front of every store calling me in! I lost 5... all I need to do is lose like 2 a week and that will be 10 pound lose this month right?....

# things I would take?
    1- a certain man I know...defintely!
    2 a nice comfy king size bed
    3- my bath stuff...( perfumes,french soaps,etc)

....wow that certainly paints a picture doesnt it?...lol
  • Susanne - sorry you're having a rough day!! We're here for you!! We all have those days. Post, whine, cry, do what ever you want - but you're going to the gym and that's great!!! Kudos to you for going while you feel so down! I'm proud of you!!!!

3 things I would take......wow susanne - making plans are you??

1. company - toss up between doggies and BF today
    2. something to make fire with
    3. blankets - lots of snuggly blankets!
  • Me Again!

Dragged my butt to the gym...went to class... stopped at moms for something and she had made HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!!.....god...just what I needed...why is it when you are down and out and ready to pig out..someone shows up with just the right food??....anyways...I am happy to report..I managed to escape with ony eating one small one!!!YAY!!!...I was scared I would leave with a bagful...but only had a little one..I decided to accept that as a victory.....and then I came home and had salad and a chicken thigh for lunch..so far so good.. thanks for listening to me whine...
  • Good afternoon!
    How is everyone today???

We seem to be chattering less and less- I am lonely- someone talk to me..

Susanne- sorry you are having a lousy day. It will get better- I promise and you can get on here all you want to vent- that is what we are here for.

little grasshopper- - shame on you- you know you should take the dogs!

So far the lists have been great!!
    As for me today- I am getting ready to go walk around my neighborhood. After that it is a relaxation day for me before I start preparing for the next semester.
    More later-
  • crime girl -- chattering less and less?!?!? This place has so many posts I can't keep up!! I come in, read them and have no time to respond because I've got to run. Now too, just wanted to say hi and thanks for all your work. Your summary of everybody is amazing. The time you put into this thread! no wonder you're looking for more response. Just know that we love you for it!

It's 5:30 a.m. here Tuesday and I've got to go to the stable to see my horse and ride. and I really shouldn't be but I got rained out the other day and I'm off to Hong Kong tomorrow for five days so won't see her for a good week. Have so much to do, but, thanks to this thread, am trying to not lose sight of my weight loss/health goals.

I will make time to talk in the near future! In the meantime, keep it up.

Bye for now!
  • Hi guys! Susanne - YOU GO GIRL!!! one cookie - I always thought that was impossilbe to do!! But wait - now WE have to do the same thing Seriously though - you did great!!!!!!!! Nicely done - great example!

Crimegirl - I was scared I was chatting too much - I'll run my mouth more Enjoy your relaxation day, you earned it!

Redballoon - I hope you enjoyed the horses!! Glad you got to see them before the trip!! Can you keep in touch in hong kong?? We Hope so!!

As for me, I haven't made it to walking yet. Planning to do it right after I post. It was raining this morning and I had a few clients running late - set my whole day behind....I'm still going though One thing I did do though and I'm so excited and proud. I made the best pot roast in the world (I might be biased a little) It's incredible!!! I was going to make soup out of it but I might not now. It is really really really good!!!!!! I'm having it with steamed veggies and a spinach salad with avocado, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper So excited about dinner. And it's healthy!! Why can't all meals be this way?? Instead of scrounging the cabinets for something decent to eat at the last minute. Okay gotta go if I'm going to walk. See you guys soon!!
  • Ok, cool.... no one thinks Im blabbing too much.....lol.... I just finsihed more salad and so far so good... I actually wish the gym was closer so I could go park my butt on hte treadmill some more.... but the storm is coming and that would be dumb since I dont even have snowtires and i have to pass this exam!!.....

Thank goodness there are no snacks in my house...only more salad.... and of course the ever looming presence of the scale.....Im waiting to see 233....just a pound....my test is wednesday...then I plan to kick butt at the gym more.

Gosh Grasshopper..that sounds good

REd baloon, i would love to ride someday...its on my list.
    Ok, who got out there and walked?....